Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Letti

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Great comic collection, Letti.

How hard is it for you to get US comics there?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Letti, you are so fortunate ! The collection isn't nearly as humble as your title suggests.
    Very nice

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

It's almost impossible. Many companies don't deliver to Hungary because of the horrible post service. Many books, letters and packages get lost... so they don't want to take the risk and I can understand them.
    We have some English book stores but usually they sell only books.
    So it's quite hard.

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Letti, you are so fortunate ! The collection isn't nearly as humble as your title suggests.
    Very nice
    Thank you, Linda.
    Each piece of the collection lives in my heart.

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

[quote=Letti;303168]

It's almost impossible. Many companies don't deliver to Hungary because of the horrible post service. Many books, letters and packages get lost... so they don't want to take the risk and I can understand them.
    So it's quite hard.

Letti ,

And yet I have not a single copy , and you have so many... I believe it is because we love you oh so much!!

The answer is within

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    With the biggest pleasure, Patrick.

I will be thankful for you and for Jerome as long as I live. It's still hard to believe that they are on my shelf.

And I have this one on my wall.
    Good stuff! I notice the photo cut off the Sketchbook and the Daily Bugle - heck, even Wizardsrainbow doesn't have a Daily Bugle in his collection!* I thought you had some other promo items related to the comic series, but I may be mistaken.

* yet.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    With the biggest pleasure, Patrick.

I will be thankful for you and for Jerome as long as I live. It's still hard to believe that they are on my shelf.

And I have this one on my wall.
    Good stuff! I notice the photo cut off the Sketchbook and the Daily Bugle - heck, even Wizardsrainbow doesn't have a Daily Bugle in his collection!* I thought you had some other promo items related to the comic series, but I may be mistaken.

* yet.
    Both the Sketchbook and the Daily Bugle are from you, dear Patrick. Here is a pic where both of them are visible.

By the way you are right I have DT comics bookmarks (from you again) and I have that amazing DT poster, too. I will send pictures of those, too.

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

So it's quite hard.

Letti ,

And yet I have not a single copy , and you have so many... I believe it is because we love you oh so much!!
    I am spoilt to bits. Really... It's so incredible. I don't deserve it but we have so many good-hearted generous people here. I can't be thankful enough.

My Mood
    In Love

Thats just what we feel, except we will never get our fill of you!

The answer is within

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Letti! I wasn't fishing for compliments, I just couldn't remember which promo items you had received (from me and others). I figured if you posted everything that you do have, then some of us might be able to fill in the holes from time to time.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Letti, i notice that you have some of your comics in protective covers that have, what looks like, paper on the back. I was just wondering if you, or anyone else, knows where they can be found. As i can only find the all plastic ones.

Really lovley collection btw.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think those are just thin cardboard backings that go with the bags. Any comic book shop should have them.

Letti, you have a lovely collection...and your comic collection has outgrown mine.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice is correct.

The boards are acid-free and sit behind the comic book and within the plastic bag. The board adds structural support which protects the comic book from bends, folds, creases, etc.

Bags and boards are available in all comic book specialty stores.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that, i will pick some up at the weekend.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

Some of my presents.

Duma Key - Hungarian edition from my good friend, Susan

And I took a pic of the inside to prove it's Hungarian

Everything Eventual in English *jumps up and down* from my godmother

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I like the Duma Key cover alot.

Say hi to Susan for me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I love the Durma Key book Letti.

Congrats and happy Christmas to you and your family, hope you have a wonderful day.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a real Hungarian King book too.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I have a real Hungarian King book too.
    Now I could say PROVE IT but I myself have those pictures of both of you on my computer.
    It's so great it didn't get lost between us. I'm still thankful for that.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! Especially in light of the fact that the post office has been screwing up our mail lately. The other day we got mail for four different addresses delivered to our house. We went to the post office to complain. That day they were all promptly redelivered...to our house again.

Well, see I could say PROVE it to you about having those pictures saved.

If you rescue me

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats Letti !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Letti, Congratulations on getting that Hungarian Duma Key! I really like that cover.

My wife and her sister may be traveling to Hungary this coming summer. I'm going to ask her to see if she can get a copy for me.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions to your King collection, Letti!

Happy Christmas, and please give my best to Susan as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I love them to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Letti, Congratulations on getting that Hungarian Duma Key! I really like that cover.

My wife and her sister may be traveling to Hungary this coming summer. I'm going to ask her to see if she can get a copy for me.

John
    Let me know if I can help them anyhow. I mean it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key have a really nice cover!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Thanks, Letti. I'll do that. I don't know how much time they'll have, though, in Budapest. I think they plan on doing a lot of travel in the southern part of the country. I think the town (village?) they're going to is called Adj (Haj?). It's where their grandparents came from.

John

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Thanks, Letti. I'll do that. I don't know how much time they'll have, though, in Budapest. I think they plan on doing a lot of travel in the southern part of the country. I think the town (village?) they're going to is called Adj (Haj?). It's where their grandparents came from.

John
    I don't know any Adj... or Haj... but it doesn't mean anything. We have so many tiny villages here it's not a wonder I don't know many of them.
    Anyway if they can't spend much time here in Budapest and you are really interested in that book I can buy it and give it to them at a certain place.
    So... to sum up you can count on me and on all my free time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast