Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Indiana Jones Thread

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez guys...it's Indiana Jones, not a friggin documentary.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Oh I know, and that's why I love them so much.

John F. Kennedy Scar is on a distinguished road Scar's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Indy yesterday. I thought it was great! Right up my alley; I have been interested in UFOs, pschics, the Mayans, the Nazca lines and other things that were in the movie, for some time now. Good stuff.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Um, my two cents and maybe not welcome much - I hated it. I mean, I was VERY disappointed. I am a big Indiana Jones fan. I mean, BIG. I was very excited when filming started and thrilled with the cast and the return of Marion. However, after seeing this movie today - I could not have been more disappointed. I thought it was poorly written and the acting forced. It was like Harrison watched his old movies and then acted like Indiana Jones acted. Not sure if that makes sense but he just wasn't quite Indy.

Very disappointing for me.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

hey i have a question. we're going to see this tomorrow night (my husband and i) and i know there's ants in it but are there spiders? i have a thing about spiders.

say thankya

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Not that I remember... Anybody else?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Um, my two cents and maybe not welcome much - I hated it. I mean, I was VERY disappointed. I am a big Indiana Jones fan. I mean, BIG. I was very excited when filming started and thrilled with the cast and the return of Marion. However, after seeing this movie today - I could not have been more disappointed. I thought it was poorly written and the acting forced. It was like Harrison watched his old movies and then acted like Indiana Jones acted. Not sure if that makes sense but he just wasn't quite Indy.

I'm with you.
    I cant really put my finger on what was wrong with the acting...bad script, bad directing, whatever; but, it wasnt at all like the endearing, memorable characters in an Indy movie. The characters seemed like cardboard cutouts somehow.

I enjoyed the special effects, and that's about it.
    ~shrug~

I recommend waiting for the DVD release to anyone who plans to spend the cash to see it in the theatres.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    hey i have a question. we're going to see this tomorrow night (my husband and i) and i know there's ants in it but are there spiders? i have a thing about spiders.

say thankya
    Don't recall any spiders, but plenty of other creepy crawlies.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grown-ups.

The movie was super-good!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

There's TONS of ants...and there's some scorpions but I dont' remember spiders...

I know how you feel... I watched the second Harry Potter movie in the theatre and felt like my skin was crawling th rest of the night.

Gunslinger Apprentice Shamey is on a distinguished road Shamey's Avatar

say thankya
    No spiders. Ants, a snake, monkeys, scorpions...but nooo spiders.

My Mood
    Gay

Creepy crawlies, yes. Ants, scopions, but I don't recall any spiders either.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

I'm with you.
    I cant really put my finger on what was wrong with the acting...bad script, bad directing, whatever; but, it wasnt at all like the endearing, memorable characters in an Indy movie. The characters seemed like cardboard cutouts somehow.

I enjoyed the special effects, and that's about it.
    ~shrug~

I recommend waiting for the DVD release to anyone who plans to spend the cash to see it in the theatres.
    I have decided this is the very thing we are doing.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

urban dictionary word of the day:

The word for June 03 is nuke the fridge

A colloquialism used to delineate the precise moment at which a cinematic franchise has crossed over from remote plausibility to self parodying absurdity, usually indicating a low point in the series from which it is unlikely to recover. A reference to one of the opening scenes of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which the titular hero manages to avoid death by nuclear explosion by hiding inside a kitchen refrigerator. The film is widely recognised by fans as a major departure from the rest of the series both in terms of content and quality.

Guy 1: "Wow. Did you see the new Indy movie? What the hell was that? It was like I was having some kind of flu induced absurdist nightmare."

Guy 2: "Yep... did or did not that series permanently Nuke the Fridge?"

Guy 1: "Oh, totally Nuked the Fridge! But I guess Spielberg is happy as long as he has the money of the people who trusted him."

Guy 2: "Guess so..."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just got back from seeing it. I liked it okay, but I wasn't thrilled out of my seat like I hoped to be. Outside of the odd nuclear bomb, there weren't really many pitfalls or traps, the kinds of gags that made the earlier movies so exciting. It had its moments, and I like the way they acknowledged the passage of time, but it was missing something vital.

My Mood
    Gay

urban dictionary word of the day:

The word for June 03 is nuke the fridge

A colloquialism used to delineate the precise moment at which a cinematic franchise has crossed over from remote plausibility to self parodying absurdity, usually indicating a low point in the series from which it is unlikely to recover. A reference to one of the opening scenes of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which the titular hero manages to avoid death by nuclear explosion by hiding inside a kitchen refrigerator. The film is widely recognised by fans as a major departure from the rest of the series both in terms of content and quality.

Guy 1: "Wow. Did you see the new Indy movie? What the hell was that? It was like I was having some kind of flu induced absurdist nightmare."

Guy 2: "Yep... did or did not that series permanently Nuke the Fridge?"

Guy 1: "Oh, totally Nuked the Fridge! But I guess Spielberg is happy as long as he has the money of the people who trusted him."

Guy 2: "Guess so..."
    Sounds like "nuke the fridge" is the new "jumped that shark".

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread has been renamed - feel free to come and discuss all things "Indy" in here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5