Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: STEPHEN KING UNCOLLECTED STORIES

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

A very nice list Mr. Rabbit, this is something I will use as reference!
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Any word yet on when and how UR is going to be available to non-Kindle people?

Also, has there been any word on when Throttle will be collected and if both Stephen King and Joe Hill will collect it or just one of them?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wait to read next Bev's teaser about his book...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wahlers View Post
    Any word yet on when and how UR is going to be available to non-Kindle people?

Also, has there been any word on when Throttle will be collected and if both Stephen King and Joe Hill will collect it or just one of them?
    Audio version in February. Don't think there's any word of a print release yet, perhaps there won't be one until King's next short story collection.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Has King ever ever had a collaborative short story/novella in a short story collection?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

None that I know of--of course, the only collaborations he's done in the short story/novella is with Joe Hill. I can't think of any others.

As far as novels, of course, there are The Talisman and Black House with Peter Straub.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

On further thought, I think these can also be termed collaborations:

The Cat from Hell with Phil Bowie - Cavalier September 1977
    The Cat from Hell with Mark Rains - Gent December 1977

These were the winner and runner-up respectively of the contest initiated in the March 1977 issue of Cavalier, in which King wrote the first 500 words of the story and readers were invited to finish it. King's version of the story was run in the June 1977 issue of Cavalier.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what about the two followings ?
    the furnace
    skybar

i think both of them were started by King
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But there were no published endings.

John

Have the poems "Woman with Child" and the untitled one ever popped up anywhere else recently? Are there copies of them floating around out there or are they pretty much lost? Aren't these ones where the school no longer has microfiche or copies of them anymore?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

These poems appeared in Contraband #1 & 2 but have never been published since. Several collectors on here have both copies of Contraband.

I don't suppose anybody has a text file of the two poems so I can just read them?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't suppose anybody has a text file of the two poems so I can just read them?
    Giving out copies devalues the original. I would be surprised if anyone on here would give out a copy.

I definitely understand. I wouldn't ask somebody to photocopy it or anything, just a typed up text file or something. Since they're just two poems, I assume they can't be too long.

But again, I understand if nobody would want to assist, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I was also wondering if anybody can advise on how different the original versions of "Stud City" and "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" are from what appear in Different Seasons.

Are they no more changed than some of his other stories from magazine to book collection and should therefore just be considered a revision and what appears in Different Season is the final version? Or are the originals worth seeking for somebody like myself who just enjoys reading the stories but is not a "collector" per se?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Justin Brooks' Bibliography, both stories were revised for inclusion in The Body.

John

I've read the entries for both in Uncollected & Unpublished and The Lost Works of Stephen King, and to me they sound more like revisions, like some of the magazine stories have been revised when put into collections.

I know that "Revelations of 'Becka Paulson" was not in a short story format when it was stuck into Tommyknockers, but that's the best example I can think of where a story was changed enough that I got a copy of the original version because I consider it significantly different.

I'm pretty much just wondering if somebody who actually has them can confirm if they just had small changes to grammar and maybe even some name changes to people or places, but had the structure of the stories themselves remain intact or if they are significantly different.

Country
    Country Flag

I was also wondering if anybody can advise on how different the original versions of "Stud City" and "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" are from what appear in Different Seasons.
    There are huge differences. I checked the word count from the 2 versions of "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" and...

Maine Review = 5625 words
    Different Seasons = 3862 words

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's significant!

John

Yeah that's a few more words. It was only ever printed the one time and goes for a couple of hundred dollars usually doesn't it?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I have scans of the two poems and the Ubris version of "Stud City" and Maine Review version of "Lard Ass."If anyone's interested...don't think it's illegal sharing these, they are circulation among mant collectors.

"Becka Paulson" exists in three versions, actually. The original Rolling Stone version, then reappeared, revised, in I Shudder at Your Touch" (the same version ended up in the limited Skeleton Crew), and then, of course, as a heavily revised chapter in The Tommyknockers.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any update to this list?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's my list

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

Bev, here are some comments:

The following stories are missing in your list:
    • Slade (1970, The Maine Campus)
    • The King Family and the Wicked Witch (1977, Flint)
    • Rush Call (2000, Secret Windows; self-published in 1959/60)
    • Jumper (2000, Secret Windows; self-published in 1959/60)
    Is "The New Lieutenant's Rap" missing on purpose? I guess it can be considered a self-publication and thus not eligible.

You list some edited novel excerpts like "The Revelations of 'Becka Paulson", "The Tale of Gray Dick" and "Lisey and the Madman", but others are missing, e.g. "The Monster in the Closet", "The Bear" and "Memory".

Since you list the incomplete "Skybar", I guess you should also list the incomplete "The Furnace".

Spellings: "Morality", not "Mortality". "Jhonathan and the Witchs", not "... Witches".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast