Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : Darkman

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default Harlan Ellison

Right next to Bradbury lives my Harlan Ellison collection.
    Famous for Sci-Fi, but just like Bradbury, his non-spaceship stuff I really like.

Ellison has won ten Hugo Awards, four Nebula Awards, and five Bram Stoker Awards (presented by the Horror Writers Association) including the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1996.

He has also been honored with the Edgar Award by the Mystery Writers of America twice, the Georges Méliès fantasy film award twice, and the Silver Pen for Journalism by International PEN, the international writers' union. He was presented with the first Living Legend Award by the International Horror Guild at the 1995 World Horror Convention. He is also the only author in Hollywood ever to win the Writers Guild of America Award for Most Outstanding Teleplay (solo work) four times.....

Three of my favorite Ellison books:

"Deathbird Stories" 1980
    "Angry Candy" S/L 1988
    "Stalking the Nighmare" 1982

Pictured is an authentic Ellison signature as well.
    Attached Images

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default Harlan Ellison cont....

Other signed editions by Harlan Ellison and an unsigned 1/1 copy of the ground-breaking science fiction anthology, Dangerous Visions.

(Also pictured is holy water from the Jordan River in glass bottle)

PS. desperately looking for a dust jacket for the pictured 1/1 signed copy of "Shatterday" If you got one...can I have it?
    Attached Images

Default Ellison Cont.....

Two fantastic S/L

"No Doors, No Windows." Borderlands Press
    "Dream Corridor" Graphic Novel ~ Dark horse

Authentic signatures from each.
    Attached Images

Default Ellison ~ illustrated by Jack Yerka

Amazing book of Ellison's short writing as interpreted by artist Frank Yerka.

"Mind Fields"

Very cool illustrations.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 07-27-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: bigger pic???

Default Modern First Editions ~ Ayn Rand ~ Atlas Shrugged

Original printing of the classic, rebound in leather and green cloth.
    Expected to eat this book up from recommendations but honestly never could get through the writing...to each his own....

This copy for sale. PM if interested.
    Attached Images

Default Modern First Editions ~ John Steinbeck

The following Steinbeck books are for sale.
    I would like them all to go to the right home if possible...

Wayward Bus ~ UK 1/1
    Short Reign of Pippin IV ~ UK 1/1
    Short Reign of Pippin IV ~ US 1/1
    East of Eden ~ U.S. later print
    Sweet Thursday ~ UK 1/1
    Winter of our Discontent ~ UK 1/1

A nice collection of early titles from this classic author.
    PM if interested in any or all titles.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 07-27-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: bigger pic

Default Early "Modern First Editions" ~ Orwell

Three copies in US 1/1 of Animal Farm by George Orwell.
    One copy lacking DJ. Hoping to find one, a Faxs will soon be added if you don't have one to give me???

Also pictured is an ornate Orwell Omnibus and a reading BC copy of 1984, until I can get all the Orwell titles in true 1/1.....
    Attached Images

Default Early "Modern First Editions" ~ Aldus Huxley

Best known for his novel " Brave New World " and wide-ranging output of essays, the incredible Aldus Huxley, also published short stories, poetry, travel writing, and film stories and scripts.

Recently I found a US 1/1 copy of this rare title with a poor binding, but excellent text block. It has been sent off for professional rebinding and I'm very excited to get it.

I recreated a version of the original graphics from the book to be foil stamped on the leather, a picture is included of the design, as well as a leather easton press copy and a neat little 1956 reprint.
    Attached Images

Default Huxley cont......

Three other of my favorite Huxley books in 1/1 HC.

I have most all of Huxley's work in various printings but hope to acquire all in 1/1 HC.....
    Attached Images

Thank you it will take a long time.....

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Awesome! I also love Doré's work. I have a feeling this thread will indeed be showcasing an eclectic collection, and I can't wait to see it all

WOW!!! I'd love to see a picture of it if possible...

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    a friend of mine owns the first french edition of it... it's quite impressive to see the first edition of such a mythical book :-)

Default John Fowles THE COLLECTOR HC / DJ 1st American Printing

One of my all time favorites.....
    Attached Images

Default HUNTER S THOMPSON ~ The Good Doctor ~ RIP

One of my treasures.....Great copy of his first book "Hell's Angels"
    This American 1/1 book is as new condition with very good dust jacket.
    Hard find for sure....
    Attached Images

Default HST ~ cont......

The rest of my US 1/1 collection including another favorite:
    True 1/1 "The Curse of Lono"

Still looking to get the first two F&L books to complete the collection ($$$$)
    Attached Images

Default Elmore Leonard Signed Collection

The king of dialogue...Elmore Leonard.
    All US 1/1 signed copies with one UK 1/1

Nice samples of Leonard signatures, one including "Dutch", one with a neat gangster inscription and a sample of his latest signing.
    Attached Images

Default Lawrence Block ~ Signed Collection

All US 1/1 signed featuring the S/L edition of "Sins of our Fathers"
    also signed by Stephen King
    Attached Images

Default Iain Banks ~ The Wasp Factory

Another personal all time favorite of mine is "The Wasp Factory" by Iain Banks who also goes by Iain M. Banks when writing futuristic / Sci-fi.

This is my collection of his work including a very nice sample of one of the signed pieces....
    Attached Images

Default Roald Dahl Collection

Of course everybody knows Roald Dahl Childrens books like "James and the Giant Peach", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" etc...but he wrote some wickedly humorous adult books as well....."Switch Bitch" and "My Uncle Oswald" are two of my favorites.
    Attached Images

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your collection is impressive!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Default John Dunning Collection

All 1/1 signed.
    Nice sample of dated signature.
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkman, would it be possible to see an overall picture of your collection?

John

Default Clive Cussler Collection

Signed 1/1 and some S/L with signature pages.
    Attached Images

You mean like the room, shelves etc????

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Darkman, would it be possible to see an overall picture of your collection?

John

Default Books into Film

I collect my favorite films in 1/1 HC

Schindler's ARK is a signed first Australian (follow the flag) which became the fantastic film "Schindler's List"

Wiseguy is the basis for the film "Goodfellas" which always "amuses me"
    The rest I think are pretty straight forward.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 07-27-2009 at 07:16 AM. Reason: bigger picture ~ Thanks Jerome!!!!

Default CHUCK PALAHNIUK collection 1st editions SIGNED

My Chuck Palahniuk Collection and some of my favorite inscriptions....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 07-27-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: bigger picture

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast