Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Books with King Stories in them????

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default Books with King Stories in them????

I think by accident I've started a sub-collection of books that have King short stories in them.....only because i find them for a buck or two and can't walk away from them. i think the 'first edition' disease is not going to matter in this.
    God knows my girl encourages me to bring more $1 books home...

I would love if some scans of covers anyone has could be referenced here...
    Of course all those fancy signed limited things are welcome and ya give me a picture of the fancy page with your number on it, but any book club editions or paper backs with cool covers are also welcome here.

Note the story included and perhaps the original book its from..Thanks!!!!

Here's a few of mine to start....

The Best of Fantasy Stories 1985 includes "The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet" from Skeleton Crew.
    Attached Images

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Great Tales of Madness and the Macabre 1990 including
    "The Wedding Gig" from Skeleton Crew
    Attached Images

Tales of Witchcraft 1991 includes "Gramma" from Skeleton Crew.
    Attached Images

Mammoth book of Short Horror Novels 1988 includes "The Monkey" from Skeleton Crew
    Attached Images

Dark Forces 1980 includes "The Mist" which was edited for it's inclusion in Skeleton Crew.
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Daarkman, check out my Collection of King proofs above in the Collections thread. I have proofs of more than 30 anthologies that contain a King story. There are literally hundreds of anthologies out there that contain a King story.

John

Well then I look forward to at least a hundred posts of some interesting covers///

I wanna spot them in the used book haunts from a mile away...

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Daarkman, check out my Collection of King proofs above in the Collections thread. I have proofs of more than 30 anthologies that contain a King story. There are literally hundreds of anthologies out there that contain a King story.

John

Dark Visions UK 1988
    King Stories "The Reploids", "Sneakers", "Dedication"
    Attached Images

Paperback of Years Finest Fantasy Volume 2
    First appearance of Gunslinger.
    Attached Images

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the first appearance in book form, right? I mean the F&SF mags predate that, don't they?

I collect anthologies with King stories too. My preference is first editions, but I buy them still even if they're book club or paperbacks.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And of course, I collect the proofs of these books. Not as diligently as the King book proofs themselves, however.

John

Yes but I believe the HC was first naturally. I got that for .99 cents.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*jealous*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe it goes as follows:

S&SF - first appearance, serialized in five issues
    Years Finest Fantasy Vol 2. - first appearance of the short story The Gunslinger, in book form
    Gunslinger - DM Grant true 1st, all five stories in book form.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The F&SF issue was the October 1978 issue.

John

Found Prime Evil nice first PB today. Really cool embossed copper print cover, doesn't scan well. Includes "Night Flier"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 08-05-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: r2d2

Default Bloch ~ Psychos

"Autopsy room four" in Bloch's "Psychos"
    Attached Images

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If folks would like to contribute they can, otherwise this thread will likely be archived.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like this thread, let's not lose it!

Some 2009 books with King :

By Blood We Live
    2009 : reprint i think

The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
    2009, reprint

On a Raven's Wing
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ravens-Wing-Higgins-Winslow-Fourteen/dp/0061690422"]Amazon.com: On a Raven's Wing: New Tales in Honor of Edgar Allan Poe by Mary Higgins Clark, Thomas H. Cook, James W. Hall, Rupert Holmes, S. J. Rozan, Don Winslow, and Fourteen Others (9780061690426): Stuart Kaminsky: Books[/ame]

American Fantastic Tales: Terror and the Uncanny from 1940's to now
    http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...?bi=1399269192
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a few: (Sorry no pics)

13 Short Horror Novels - edited by Charles G. Waugh & Martin H. Greenberg - (Jerusalem's Lot)

A Century of Great Suspense Stories - edited by Jeffery Deaver - (Quitter's Inc.)

An International Treasury of Mystery & Suspense - edited Marie R. Reno - (Strawberry Spring)

A Treasury of American Horror Stories - edited by McSherry, Waugh, & Greenburg - (Children of the Corn)

Book of the Dead - edited by John Skipp & Craig Spector - (Home Delivery)

Borderlands 5 - edited by Elizabeth & Thomas Monteleone - (Stationary Bike)

Chamber of Horrors - Great Tales of Terror and the Supernatural - (The Night of the Tiger)

Contemporary Maine Fiction - An Anthology Of Short Fiction - Edited By Wesley McNair - (The Reach)

Dark Love - edited by Collins, Kramer, & Greenberg - (Lunch at the Gotham Cafe)

Fantasy Annual IV - edited by Terry Carr - (The Monkey)

First Words - Earliest Writing - edited by Paul Mandelbaum - (Jhonathon and the Witchs)

Gallery of Horror - 20 Chilling Tales by the Modern Masters of Dread - edited by Charles L. Grant - (Nona)

Gauntlet 2 - edited by Barry Hoffman - (The Dreaded X)

Great Ghost Stories - Tales of Mystery and Madness - edited by Chetwynd-Hayes & Jones - (The Reaper's Image)

Great Tales of Horror - edited by Peter Haining - (Gramma)

Great Tales of Horror & the Supernatural - edited by Bill Pronzini, Barry N. Malzberg, & Martin H. Greenberg - (The Crate)

Horrorstory - Volume Three - (The Night of the Tiger) & ( The Monkey)

Horrorstory - Volume Five - edited by Karl Edward Wagner - (Mrs. Todd's Shortcut)

I Shudder at Your Touch - edited by Michelle Slung - (Revelations of 'Becka Paulson)

Kingpins - Tales from Inside the Mob - Edited by Cynthia Manson & Charles Ardai - (The Wedding Gig)

Master's Choice - Mystery Stories By Today's Top Writers And The Masters Who Inspired Them - (The Wedding Gig)

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked at the Table of Contents (available on the link) and didn't see any King contribution.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My bad, i thought i saw it at some point...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Should this thread be archived?
    BTW, I wonder what became of Darkmaniscoming?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say archive it, unless someone is willing to continually update it. King's stories seem to be reprinted quite often, and just keeping up with that is virtually impossible (unless you're Justin Brooks :-) )

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Darkman ran into some financial problems I think (he was a successful professional photographer/music journalist I believe, I don't know what happened exactly) and the last thing I read here was that he was forced to sell his books and other collectibles. Haven't heard from him since, which is too bad. I liked him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast