Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure why King did this, but I wouldn't send the guy a penny-he's in terrible legal and financial difficulty. He may have those books, but counting on him to send one to you is VERY risky. If one could meet him in person and exchange money for the book that would be great.

Jerome

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    I can report that this email is TRUE!!!!!
    although the part of signing whatever you want is a little stretch.
    Stephen signed 12 books for Tim.
    NO PLANT though

What is your souce for this information?

If he did in fact just sign 12 books, then it is not a "little stretch", it is a lie.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah...good point...plus, sellling books that have been signed is a lot different than being able to take requests, which the first post implies/states as well...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got a note from King's assistant.

Yes, King did sign 12 books for Tim Miller in exchange for a book King had been looking for.

Steve did not agree to do any more.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ah-ha!

Now that makes sense!

Dman - I'm wondering... what was your source?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd give Steve a book if he signed twelve of my books too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Um... if Stephen King wants one of my books... he can just have it. Then.. if he wants, he could sign one of mine. Cripes.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I too wonder what book.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I too wonder what book.
    He was probably looking for one of the LSoE's with a Whelan remarque...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if we'll know the name of that book... it's so starts to bugging me now :s
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the first of the twelve showed up today....

Stephen King SIGNED Ultra Rare True 1st GUNSLINGER

I like how he says that he will include a note for your insurance company stating that the book is worth $6,500. I'm no lawyer, but isn't that fraud?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this one showed up 2 1/2 hours before that auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...d=p3911.c0.m14

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I like how he says that he will include a note for your insurance company stating that the book is worth $6,500. I'm no lawyer, but isn't that fraud?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I can't recall seeing a sale of a signed trade GS anywhere near $4500...the s/l sure, but not a trade...

I would have liked to know what book it was that SK wanted!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what struck me as odd is the fact that he put "The Plant" in the mix...wasn't that an e-Book? that would be kinda hard to sign if ya asked me...

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

So... About how much are these signed books really worth?!? Given today's market?

Well, FS typically gets high prices on their auctions...and they already have some action...but is that a real value? I would say not.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    this one showed up 2 1/2 hours before that auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...d=p3911.c0.m14

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Excerpted from the endless verbiage in his auctions:

"...Included in these books were many of his titles and this week we will be auctioning WITH NO RESERVE many of those and other rare Stephen King books we already had in our inventory..."

Please go read the full paragraph for yourselves, I'd be interested in your interpretations. It sounds like these auctions are not limited to the twelve books newly signed, but any given auction may be a book already in his inventory.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand that from you guys' point of view this matter about Tim Miller has been hammered to death...'scum' 'bankrupt' 'scam' 'reeks' 'avoid' 'run away' and 'crock-o-crap' being just a few of the words and phrases used about him. However, since it would appear that he may genuinely have had books signed by SK, I'm just curious about why his current auctions for these are attracting such little interest. Since I've had no dealings with Flatsigned I have no first hand knowledge of how Miller operates but I'm aware of the controversy which surrounds him. Has anyone on here had a bad experience with him? Would it be completely naive of me to suggest that this might actually be an opportunity for some of us to acquire an SK signed book, some of which (at present anyway) seem to be very reasonably priced?

Just a thought*.

*Please feel free to shoot my thinking out of the water

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Would it be completely naive of me to suggest that this might actually be an opportunity for some of us to acquire an SK signed book, some of which (at present anyway) seem to be very reasonably priced?
    The books will not remain "reasonably priced". They will be shill bided up to a more "normal" price.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that too many of us have had bad dealings with flatsigned to take ANYTHING he says as the truth. Probable instances of shill bidding, fake signatures, etc. do tend to wear his reputation down. Granted, he has offered some authentic items on occasion, but, with the costs involved, who wants to take a chance?

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just heard enough bad about him to not ever want to take the chance.

If you rescue me

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the current auctions are legitimate (and I think they are) he has defaced the items by permanently affixing those annoying authentication certification labels to the front free endpapers. I asked him fairly recently if those were permanent and he said that there would be definite damage to the paper if they were removed.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

??? He permanently attaches labels to the books? Now I know I wouldn't want them...not for free.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok guys, I'm convinced. Thanks for your advice.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast