Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

Did anyone else get this email?

Something BIG has happened and I am emailing to see if you wish to be a part. Stephen King has agreed to sign books for me. We will have everything from "The Plants", "Gunslingers", "The Shining" and "Carries" available. ALL will be First Printings in original dustjackets. Is there a different title you would like to have signed and would you like to have one of the titles mentioned above? If so it is important that you email me at timmiller@flatsigned.com ASAP. Thank you for buying my books!
    Warmest Regards,
    Tim Miller
    President

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

Something BIG has happened and I am emailing to see if you wish to be a part. Stephen King has agreed to sign books for me. We will have everything from "The Plants", "Gunslingers", "The Shining" and "Carries" available. ALL will be First Printings in original dustjackets. Is there a different title you would like to have signed and would you like to have one of the titles mentioned above? If so it is important that you email me at timmiller@flatsigned.com ASAP. Thank you for buying my books!
    Warmest Regards,
    Tim Miller
    President

Well seeing as this scum was going bankrupt last I heard, coupled with the fact that King wouldn't sign piles of books for a book dealer under any normal circumstances, I'm going to say this is a scam.

My guess is that you'd have to pre-pay, and then he'll finish up his bankruptcy filings and you can kiss your money goodbye.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

HMMMMMMM............
    (Darkman in phone booth)

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post

Warmest Regards,
    Tim Miller
    President

Well seeing as this scum was going bankrupt last I heard, coupled with the fact that King wouldn't sign piles of books for a book dealer under any normal circumstances, I'm going to say this is a scam.

My guess is that you'd have to pre-pay, and then he'll finish up his bankruptcy filings and you can kiss your money goodbye.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Avoid him. As Eric said, the whole enterprise reeks!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Run away from him as fast as you can.

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder why I get emails from him.

I do not recall ever buying anything from him.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Flatsigned and Stephen King?

I just got the following email......

Dear xxxx:

Warmest Regards,

Tim Miller
    President
    www.FlatSigned.com

WTF?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...this guy must have a nice relationship with SK. And how nice of him to sign whatever's put in front of him, only to be re-sold!

Crock-o-crap.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

as the recipient of the msg from Tim Miller you should forward this to King's assistant Marsha. They need to know what he is up to!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wow....that is really, really sketchy...definitley should be forwarded to SK's office...

This is some interesting reading:
    http://flatsigned.com/AusPeayArticle.pdf

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lop - That's a weird email. I get emails from flatsigned frequently, but not that one. I'd stick with these guys here and advise to stay away from that thing...

Um.... what the heck does "Darkman in phone booth" mean?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    as the recipient of the msg from Tim Miller you should forward this to King's assistant Marsha. They need to know what he is up to!

Done
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, that "declare bancrupty and keep the money" idea actually makes sense...on the other thread I posted a link to an article he was interviewed for. But...sketchy as it is, I have sold stuff to him, so some of his stuff is def. legit....But I could never see SK doing a private signing for an autograph dealer.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Havent FlatSigned recently been sold because of debts/ court issues?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who received this email?!?!

I feel cetain that it is a scam of some kind...but is it a scam by FLATSIGNED....or someone pretending to be FLATSIGNED?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Rick -

In the intriguing auctions thread there was a quick discussion about this from others who got the same email. Maybe someone can merge them on over to this thread?

My guess is that Tim Miller himself is behind this scam.

If it was such and such pretending to be such and such, why not use a fake Betts Books email?

Maybe send him an email asking whats what?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Rick -
    In the intriguing auctions thread there was a quick discussion about this from others who got the same email. Maybe someone can merge them on over to this thread?
    Done.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Being Marsha out of the office due to holidays, the news from SK office maybe will have to wait...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

she's back today..right?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I can report that this email is TRUE!!!!!
    although the part of signing whatever you want is a little stretch.
    Stephen signed 12 books for Tim.
    NO PLANT though

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Am I the only one who received this email?!?!

I feel cetain that it is a scam of some kind...but is it a scam by FLATSIGNED....or someone pretending to be FLATSIGNED?
    I received the email as well.

Wow....that is real surprising....what's the background? Was there any word on the how/why he got it scheduled?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast