Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: General Comic News ( Industry / Retail / Artist / etc. )

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    seems that IDW Publishing will be releasing a comicbook miniseries titled "Wraith", also written by Hill, that takes place in Christmasland and features characters from the novel
    Cool! the Wraith is supposedly included in the SubPress limited of Nos4a2. Probably the written version though.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default finally

Locke & Key: Omega #5 goes on sale June 5.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=45668

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I've got a whole bunch of comics for sale -

They include -

Thief of thieves 2-13 nm never read
    East of west 1, 2 nm never read
    The manhattan projects 3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 nm never read
    Nowhere men 4,5 nm never read

Pm me if interested

I also have a huge collection of Locke and key I would consider selling for the right price signed by joe hill

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Looking forward to this one--a retelling of Elric of Melnibone. As of now, it is only going to be released in France. Guess I'll need to take some lessons.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

COMIC CON MINNEAPOLIS
    I will be in Minneapolis during this Comic Con
    http://www.wizardworld.com/home-minneapolis.html

I have not attended any and am wondering if I should check this out even though not a big comic collector.
    I do not recognize any familiar artist (King related) however again not a topic I am well versed on.
    Suggestions if I go?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, heck basically the entire cast of Firefly, William Shatner, Robert Englund, Bruce freakin' Campbell -- you couldn't keep me away.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Garth Ennis is back with more War Stories: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...-avatar-press/

If you've read the first two collections or any of his Battlefields, you'll know how great this is.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

New 2000AD documentary coming out soon. Here's a trailer for it (warning: some strong swearing within):

Definitely excited about this. 2000AD is by far one of my favourite comics out there, and its great that its getting a little more attention with a documentary like this, especially one that involves some of the key writers, artists and editors of the comic (I actually bought umyself an imported myself a copy of the blu ray from Australia simply because the UK copy didn't have a short but great Judge Dredd featurette with some contribution from John Wagner, Carlos Ezquerra, Brian Bolland and other people who'd worked on the comic). It seems clear from the trailer that there's a real understanding of what makes the comic stand out so much is its very punk vibe, so really looking forward to this.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

B&N have a sale on Marvel and DC titles online. Buy two, get one free. That includes omnibus editions so have yourself an early Christmas.

I bought the Shadow Show comic today and it says there are subscription covers. I can't figure out on their site to get a subscription. I would love to have this sent to me. Does anyone know how to do this or am I just not understanding what a subscription means? Thanks for helping.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://firewireblog.com/2015/06/23/b...bus-hardcover/
    The stories that catapulted Batman to legendary status are collected here in a single, massive volume. These original stories from Detective Comics #27-56 and Batman #1-7 include the origin of the Dark Knight, as well as the debuts of Robin, Commissioner Gordon, Professor Hugo Strange, The Joker, Catwoman and more!

Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Hardcover is written by Bill Finger, Gardner Fox and others with art by Bob Kane, Jerry Robinson and more. The cover was created by Darwin Cooke.

The 784 page hardcover will go on sale November 4, 2015 for $75.

This is listed as Volume 1, so there's hope there will be more. Looks like there's a similar book for Superman already out. As a huge Batman fan I would love to collect everything Batman in nice uniform hardcovers, but I don't know how feasible that would be. DC's started lots of different book series but they never seem to complete anything. Even that cheap Batman Chronicles softcover series was launched with the specific goal of collecting every Batman story in publication order, and it too stalled with Volume 11 a couple of years back. So frustrating. Why can't they just publish all of it?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I have the "jumping-on-point" fatigue. How many times can DC and Marvel possibly restart the franchise only to tell the same stories over and over again?

This generation needs their Moore, Ellis, Gaiman, and Morrison. The movers and shakers with fresh ideas. Rucka and Hickman are solid. I had high hopes for Lemire until he started his bullshit work-for-hire heartless books for DC.

PASS!

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is attending the SDCC and would be willing to pick me up a copy of the Con variant for Tales From the Darkside, I'd be forever grateful .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

STEPHEN KING FANS…AUTHOR BERYL EVANS, AUTHOR OF CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO WILL APPEAR AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON ON FRIDAY JULY 22, 2016

Author Beryl Evans, author of Charlie The Choo-Choo will appear at San Diego Comic Con for the very first time. Stop by Simon & Schuster’s Booth #1128 on Friday July 22 at 12 pm PDT for limited edition giveaways.

For Stephen King fans, Charlie the Choo-Choo was a book purchased by Jake Chambers at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind in The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands.

It tells the story of Charlie the Choo-Choo and Engineer Bob. In the book, Charlie is very friendly and dependable, yet Charlie’s smile is often described as being untrustworthy. Charlie bears many similarities to Blaine the Mono.

In Jake’s world, the author of the book was Beryl Evans. In Roland’s world, the author listed is Claudia y Inez Bachman. This name holds special significance. It has 19 letters, a special number in The Dark Tower Series. Also, Claudia y Inez Bachman is the wife of Stephen King’s pseudonym, Richard Bachman.

As we all know, Beryl Evans is a made up author - be interesting to see who turns up!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ervice-1198287
    Announced at WonderCon Friday evening, DC is opening up its vast comic book history to subscribers of the digital DC Universe service with the addition of the company’s entire digital comics library at no extra cost.

Described as “the ultimate DC digital comics library,” the addition of what’s called “many thousands [of] single issue comics published over 80 years” will be an ongoing process, with all future DC single issues being added to the service 12 months after print publication, starting in April. The significant upgrade to the digital comics portfolio on the service — which launched last year with a curated selection of single issues — will be added with no price increase, according to DC.

“From the time DC Universe launched last year, our fans have loved the comic experience and have asked us for just one thing – more! The expansion to thousands of titles in January 2019 was a first step in our goal to deliver on that request, to provide DC Universe members full access to the pantheon of DC’s epic Super Hero stories,” DC Universe senior vice president and general manager, Sam Ades, said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to respond to our fans yet again with the incredible value of the ultimate DC digital comics library.”

The digital comics library announcement was far from the only DC Universe news out of WonderCon in Anaheim Friday evening. Also revealed was the May 31 debut date of James Wan’s Swamp Thing series, as well as the July 2 return for Young Justice: Outsiders, and the news that the second season of Titans had been scheduled for Fall 2019, with the debut of the animated Harley Quinn series launching in late Fall.

Additionally, dates were given for the addition to the service of the first season of Syfy’s Krypton and the animated movie Justice League vs. The Fatal Five; April 5 and April 16, respectively.

Finally, attendees to the panel were amongst the first to see Brec Bassinger as Courtney Whitmore, AKA Stargirl, in her costume from the upcoming series of the same name from showrunner Geoff Johns and Berlanti Productions. The series will debut on DC Universe in 2020.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't find a thread that really covered this question. I'll be attending a Hill event in October and was wondering what is the best way to pack several comics for travel to the event and the best to present them to be signed. I'm sure he doesn't want to wait for me to remove each one from the bag.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13