Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: General Comic News ( Industry / Retail / Artist / etc. )

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

NJ theme park plans new Green Lantern roller coaster

JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. – Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in central New Jersey is planning to build a 15-story roller coaster.

The ride will be named after DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.

Officials say the ride will be 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph. The coaster will offer a two-minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five loops.

Park spokeswoman Angel Aristone tells the Asbury Park Press the coaster's opening in the spring will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.

Starring Ryan Reynolds in the title role, the 3-D movie opens in June and also features Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard and Mark Strong.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Very interesting editorial on Variant Covers here.

YouTube - acomicshop.tv: "NO MORE VARIANTS"

I like this message! I was one of those OCD people with the Dark Tower stuff. Had to have it all. Now, I did enjoy the story and lived for the story, but as a collector, I had to have them all. In the end I did. Now I'm glad it's over.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was the same way. I had to have them all! I'm SO glad no more variants are being issued for these!

John

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I like this message! I was one of those OCD people with the Dark Tower stuff. Had to have it all. Now, I did enjoy the story and lived for the story, but as a collector, I had to have them all. In the end I did. Now I'm glad it's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was the same way. I had to have them all! I'm SO glad no more variants are being issued for these!

John
    I agree whole-heartedly. I thought of all of us here, as I was watching it!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I agree whole-heartedly. I thought of all of us here, as I was watching it!
    Man oh man, talk about hitting the nail on the head.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really sure where to post this request, but I'm looking for a hardcover edition of Don Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, vol.1. Impossible to find - maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction?
    Thanks,

Siep

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I'm not really sure where to post this request, but I'm looking for a hardcover edition of Don Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, vol.1. Impossible to find - maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction?
    Thanks,

Siep

sk
    www.mycomicshop.com doesn't have any in stock. It lists the following details : 1st printing. You asked for them, and here they are...the pre-chapters and in-between-chapters of Don Rosa's Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck! Along with classic Rosa adventures like "Hearts of the Yukon" and "Vigilante of Pizen Bluff," this volume includes the all-new, long-awaited Klondike epic "Prisoner of White Agony Creek!" Vintage prequel "Of Ducks and Dimes and Destinies" is here, too! Softcover, 208 pages, full color. Cover price $16.99.

My Mood
    Gay

Oops. Found one. PM sent to you, frik !

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops. Found one. PM sent to you, frik !

sk

My Mood
    Gay

Stan Lee joins with MTV to create new comic series
    By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES – MTV is helping to bring Stan Lee's newest superhero to life.

The network is joining forces with Lee's POW Entertainment to create a new digital comic series called "The Seekers."

"It involves superheroes, it involves a very high-concept plot, it's a story such as you never have seen before, and it spans the centuries," Lee said in a telephone interview from New York Comic Con, where he and MTV are set to announce the new series on Saturday.

Lee went on to say that "The Seekers" is "more than just a comic. It's actually the start of a tremendous franchise."

He hopes "The Seekers" will grow into a TV series or film.

First, though, it has to be written and illustrated. MTV will hold a contest to find an undiscovered writer and artist to work on the new comic series. The winners will work with Lee and POW to develop the concept and create multiple issues.

The 87-year-old comics legend says he's excited to work in a digital arena.

"It's thrilling because it's a whole new discipline," he said. "But it's a funny thing: Whether it's electronic, whether it's digital, whether it's on paper, whether it's on a television screen, it's the story that counts. You don't let the fact that there's a different area of exhibition change the fact that you need a great story filled with action and surprises and suspense."

"The Seekers" will be available for free on the new MTV Geek website that launched earlier this week. The site will offer comics, horror, sci-fi and gaming news, as well as coverage of comic-book conventions and previews of new comic books, games and movies.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks interesting. And I knew Stan Lee was getting on but 87? He's doing well, isn't he?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Default The Portrayal of Cupcakes and Donuts in Comics

This thread may or may not be bait for a particular forum user.

I'll start us off.

Hostess used to be all up in some Batman:

There were also in a lot of other comics: http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess.htm

The chicken in Goats is pretty fond of cupcakes: http://www.goats.com/archive/060222.html

One can always count on The Simpsons for some Donut love(Donut Love is a name I used to dance under).

*sigh* It is a shame when donut kingdoms can't get along:

I suppose one could also talk about comic related confection?

Feel free to post your instances of donuts or cupcakes in comic books or web comics. Also feel free to post any comic related versions of the two.
    If you happen to be reading a comic and see a cupcake or donut in the pages, remember this thread and come here and post about it.
    <3
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am speechless.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Top Shelf Productions seems o be making a comic called Okie Dokie Donuts:
    http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog...uts-book-1/724

Donuts are not always fun and games, though.

Ziggy and Marmaduke both look like they may have eaten a donut or thirty in their day.

Oh, if only Garfield really worked this way:
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

this thread is great, can't wait until Ricky finds it, see what he'll post.

BTW, does a comic based movie count?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eGMKegBs4"]YouTube - strolling down the park[/ame]
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Updated with September's issue, which sold an estimated 21,323 copies, which is not that much lower than last month's total of 21,820.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i like that. Too expensive for me though. I'm saving up for an original Emily Bohan print.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Oh yeah, I'd never buy it. I was just using it to illustrate the dangers of cupcake addiction.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    i like that. Too expensive for me though. I'm saving up for an original Emily Bohan print.

And I don't have an addiction!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post

And I don't have an addiction!
    Tony Stark clearly does, though.

It must be horrible to have to take all that armor back off to knock off all the cupcake crumbs.

My Mood
    Breezy

Yes, that's funny.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Updated with September's issue, which sold an estimated 21,323 copies, which is not that much lower than last month's total of 21,820.
    Thanks, CG. Much appreciated.

I am interested in how well the Sheemie one-shot sells. That should be interesting. I know a lot of DT fans really like Sheemie.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    <clip>
    Sale Estimates

Title | Rank (out of the top 300) | Est. Sales

The Gunslinger Born #1 | 2 | 172,147
    The Gunslinger Born #2 | 5 | 136,338
    The Gunslinger Born #3 | 4 | 132,481
    The Gunslinger Born #4 | 2 | 131,753
    The Gunslinger Born #5 | 5 | 132,090
    The Gunslinger Born #6 | 5 | 128,336
    The Gunslinger Born #7 | 3 | 124,609

Gunslinger's Guidebook | 54 | 48,806

The Long Road Home #1 | 1 | 123,839
    The Long Road Home #2 | 3 | 103,008
    The Long Road Home #3 | 12 | 87,605
    The Long Road Home #4 | 14 | 79,240
    The Long Road Home #5 | 15 | 74,965

End-World Almanac | 87 | 29,257

Treachery #1 | 9 | 82,517
    Treachery #2 | 21 | 65,724
    Treachery #3 | 18 | 58,268
    Treachery #4 | 36 | 53,728
    Treachery #5 | 22 | 50,668
    Treachery #6 | 27 | 48,119

Guide to Gilead | 114 | 21,171

Sorcerer #1 | 50 | 39,207

The Fall of Gilead #1 | 31 | 43,580
    The Fall of Gilead #2 | 50 | 39,978
    The Fall of Gilead #3 | 57 | 36,982
    The Fall of Gilead #4 | 63 | 35,607
    The Fall of Gilead #5 | 64 | 34,522
    The Fall of Gilead #6 | 57 | 32,531

The Battle of Jericho Hill #1 | 67 | 30,756
    The Battle of Jericho Hill #2 | 77 | 28,350
    The Battle of Jericho Hill #3 | 65 | 27,215
    The Battle of Jericho Hill #4 | 69 | 26,336
    The Battle of Jericho Hill #5 | 77 | 25,896

The Gunslinger #1 | 79 | 26,275
    The Gunslinger #2 | 82 | 24,024
    The Gunslinger #3 | 90 | 22,744
    The Gunslinger #4 | 91 | 21,820
    The Gunslinger #5 | 93 | 21,323
    Bringing this over for easy reference. Thanks again, CyberGhostface!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast