Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who Would Win The Battle?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gambit

16 50.00%
  • The Joker

16 50.00%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: VERSUS Battle #7 – Gambit Vs. The Joker ! Please Vote !

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default VERSUS Battle #7 – Gambit Vs. The Joker ! Please Vote !

We’reeeeeeee Baaaaaaccccck !!! VERSUS COMIC BATTLES RETURN !!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The seventh VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Gambit VERSUS The Joker

Gambit :

Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects. Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths. Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests.

The Joker :

The Joker commits crimes with comedic weapons such as a deck of razor-sharp playing cards, an acid-spewing flower, cyanide pies, exploding cigars filled with nitroglycerin, harpoon guns that utilize razor-sharp BANG!-flags, and a lethally electric joy buzzer. His most prominent weapon is his Joker venom, a deadly poison that infects his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they die while laughing uncontrollably. The venom comes in many forms, from gas to darts to liquid poison, and has been his primary calling card from his first appearance. The Joker is highly intelligent and skilled in the fields of chemistry and engineering, as well an expert with explosives. He is believed to be a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against Batman in hand-to-hand combat.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Pam, this poll is a kind of torture. Just wanted to tell.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What Melike said. (minus the huglove smilie)

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love these vote offs i love you pam

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Pam, this poll is a kind of torture. Just wanted to tell.
    Yeah, this is sort of a tough battle... but I like it that way! Gives you something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    What Melike said. (minus the huglove smilie)

Feev, you know you love me!

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love these vote offs i love you pam
    Thanks, candy! I love doing them, so that works out great!

( hey and I think I win the "most uses of in one posting" award )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

And I can vote on these whereas I didn't feel well-versed enough to vote on BGNOAT.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

went for gambit in the end. it was a tough one though, as i had to think about who was more dangerous? power or insanity?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going with The Joker on this one.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I have tried to ignore how cool Gambit is and focus on the war.
    *Ok ok... Insanity wins in my book.*

Joker.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

the fact that joker uses guns once in a while decided it for me. Gambit.

PLus, he's been my favorite X-man since I was a kid. It's the cajun thing.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is difficult. If there were a cross-over comic with the two characters likely Gambit would win (eventually) simply because the hero always seems to win in superhero comics. (In the end, after being bested earlier on, that is.)

To get away from the superhero cliches though, I'd go with The Joker. I think Gambit would be out of his league. I don't know Gambit that well outside of the X-Men cartoons, but I get the impression that while he is fairly bright he is far from the genius level of The Joker. And The Joker's chaotic nature would give him a clear advantage. (Albeit it's his weakness too.)

If it were a one on one fight it's tempting to go with Gambit due to his explosive abilities. Joker keeps plenty of nasty surprises about his person though so that would even out somewhat. I think Gambit would have the edge though in such a bust up, (he can make any object explode) but to get to such a situation the Joker would need to be cornered. The Joker would likely not allow himself into that situation though.

Joker for me. (I like Gambit as a character though. And he has a very interesting unusual power.)

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, this is a close one.

I think Gambit would take this one. The Joker has a genius criminality, but Gambit has the ability to take him down, I think. Also, Gambit is no fool, he might not be a genius, but he's smart. He doesn't have to get really close to hurt The Joker. He can take him out with a flourish of hits long before The Joker would be able to disable Gambit with his venom.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Insanity wins in my book.

Joker.
    I you.

The Joker.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Joker is much too insane to be taken out by a few kinetically charged cards! Joker pwns Gambit any day

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that the joker would win. The joker is crazy so, anything Gambit would do to him the Joker would just stand there and laugh!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I don't care how crazy you wanna be, superpowers versus a psycho with none is an easy choice for me.

And yes, he's chaotic, and yes, he's unpredictable, but put them in a room together, without the Joker getting a chance at Gambit's loved ones for leverage, and he's gopt nothing. Even if he did get Gambit's loved ones, what's he gonna do to Rogue? She's even more deadly than Gambit.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

there are very few people in dc universe or marvel universe who can take on the joker, he is very similar to batman in that he ALWAYS has a plan
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Once again I'm on the losing side with Gambit

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

But if more people vote for him he wont be on the loosing side
    (it makes sense if you think about it)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Tooooough one.

My Mood
    Gay

You know "having a plan" is all well and good... but I'm not sure how great a "plan" will stand up against a deck of cards charged with energy coming at your face!!!

Gambit wins this one !!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    You know "having a plan" is all well and good... but I'm not sure how great a "plan" will stand up against a deck of cards charged with energy coming at your face!!!

Gambit wins this one !!!!
    eh everybody can lob exploding stuff, gambit just has an easier time of it

acid squirting flowers, lethal laughing gas and boxing gloves?
    thats style
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler LastGuns1nger is on a distinguished road LastGuns1nger's Avatar

Default Read Carefully

I have been collect comics for 14 years i own ove r20 thousand dollars worth of comics so when i speak im not just speaking out of my ass

The joker is a lunatic in every sense of the word
    he kills without reason
    he has beaten batman sensless and blown up the second robin jason todd
    he got mxylpitilks powers and became emperor of earth
    and he thinks that only batman and he are real
    that everyone and everything is a made up so that they can
    have their epic battles

Gambit is an xmen with the mutant ability of charging objects with kinetic energy to the point that they explode he can control the amount of energy he uses in each object
    he is a very skilled fighter
    and has been on the xmen for years
    he is also a clone of mr sinister every 100 years he clones a new body
    and places his mind into the new body
    but this clone broke free and made its own memories

on saying all that
    the joker would use guns and acid and anything he could
    gambit would use his powers his bo staff and his fighting abilities
    it would be an amazing fight but gambit would win
    he might be a hero but he will kill if he has too

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

The Joker...

because he kicks ass.

that is all
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Breezy

A very eloquent, concise, and well thought out summary, Detta. You might change my mind.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast