Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ka

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ka

Ka is some kind of untouchable force or will that shapes the future and the fate of people.

It's not easy to define this word because it has way too many meanings (like most of the important words in High Speech). We can translate it 'destiny'.

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

From all the DT books and its sisters it sounds like to me that it is a series of different situations. It could be fate, destiny, or the repetition of history...you know the phrase 'history repeats itself'...that's what i believe the term 'ka is a wheel' means.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    From all the DT books and its sisters it sounds like to me that it is a series of different situations. It could be fate, destiny, or the repetition of history...you know the phrase 'history repeats itself'...that's what i believe the term 'ka is a wheel' means.
    You are absolutely right. Right now I am trying to write short definitions but most of them will need to be extended and ka is certainly one of them.

Roland would have understood.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

ka /noun/:
    1. destiny (the power or agency that determines the course of events, something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing)
    2. duty (required action, something that must be performed or completed)
    3. spirit (a dominant tendency or character, the vital principle in humans which animates the body)

+ Reply to Thread