Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Movie Character of All Time

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Best Movie Character of All Time

That's right folks, another movie-related tournament to obsess over!

Same layout as the BMOAT, only this time we're dealing with movie characters. There will be a total of 128 nominations, 2 nominations per post - you'll be able to nominate as many characters as you want, but please wait until at least 3 other people have posted before posting your next set of nominations. You can nominate multiple characters from the same movie.

IMO, the (aspiring) winner of the tournament should embody most if not all of the following characteristics :
    1. Be instantly recognizable
      Have quotable lines
      Have a deep impact on cinema as a whole

Like I said, this is strictly my opinion, and I'm sure many people here will like characters for very different reasons

Once all 128 characters have been named, I will use a list randomizer to sort them into groups of 8 and start posting the groups.

So, have at it! I'll start us off :

1. The Joker
    2. Hannibal Lecter

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

3. Ozymandias
    4. Alex DeLarge

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Rocky
    Han Solo
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Melikey beat me to nominating Alex.

Clarence Worley-True Romance
    Beetlejuice

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

9. Jean-Louise "Scout" Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird
    10. Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction

This is awesome, feev. Great idea !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Should we number them, I think it might help in knowing where we're at.

11. Edward Scissorhands
    12. Michael Myers
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

13. Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator) - quotes? "What we do in life echoes in eternity." or how about
    "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. "

search no farther, this is the one.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Heather has a great point.

Feev - is there going to be an updated list, else I see some repeats happening eventually.

I went back and numbered mine. Good idea, Heather.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Good idea Pam. If Feev doesn't get to it, I can try to post the list every other page or so, so that people can see what's been nominated.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we should number them. And, I think it's a good idea if we also post the names of the movies in parantheses next to the names

13. Anton Chigurh (No Country For Old Men)
    14. Rorschach (Watchmen)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

15. Pennywise-It
    16. Andre Linoge-Storm Of The Century

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Question: Mike Myers the actor or Michael Myers the killer who has no lines in the original Halloween or Michael Myers in RZ's Halloween?

17. Rosencrantz and Gildenstern, Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead

Guildenstern: Don't you discriminate?!

Rosencrantz: England? I don't believe in it.
    Guildenstern: What? A conspiracy of cartographers?

Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
    Guildenstern: No.
    Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it. I mean, one thinks of it like being alive in a box. One keeps forgetting to take into account the fact that one is dead, which should make all the difference, shouldn't it? I mean, you'd never *know* you were in a box, would you? It would be just like you were asleep in a box. Not that I'd like to sleep in a box, mind you. Not without any air. You'd wake up dead for a start, and then where would you be? In a box. That's the bit I don't like, frankly. That's why I don't think of it. Because you'd be helpless, wouldn't you? Stuffed in a box like that. I mean, you'd be in there forever, even taking into account the fact that you're dead. It isn't a pleasant thought. Especially if you're dead, really. Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off, "I'm going to stuff you in this box. Now, would you rather be alive or dead?" naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well, at least I'm not dead. In a minute somebody is going to bang on the lid, and tell me to come out."
    [bangs on lid]
    Rosencrantz: "Hey you! What's your name? Come out of there!"
    Guildenstern: [long pause] I think I'm going to kill you.

18. Walter Neff, Double Indemnity

"Who'd you think I was anyway? The guy that walks into a good looking dame's front parlour and says, "Good afternoon, I sell accident insurance on husbands... you got one that's been around too long? One you'd like to turn into a little hard cash?" "

"How could I have known that murder could sometimes smell like honeysuckle?"

"Same chair? Same perfume? Same anklet?"

19. Dr. Frederick Frankenstein from Young Frankenstein

"It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."

"My grandfather's work was dodo!"

"Destiny! Destiny! No escaping destiny!"

"A sedagive?!"
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting - Gangs of New York
    Tyler Durden - Fight Club
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

22. George Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life

I wish I had a million dollars... Hot dog!

Well, you look about the kind of angel I'd get.

Dear Father in heaven, I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there and you can hear me... Show me the way... show me the way...

I wanna live again. I wanna live again. Please, God, let me live again.

23. Rick Blaine, Casablanca

Ilsa: A franc for your thoughts.
    Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

Here's looking at you, kid.

I stick my neck out for nobody.

I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one.

Yvonne: Where were you last night?
    Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.
    Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
    Rick: I never make plans that far ahead.

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Joker
    2. Hannibal Lecter
    3. Ozymandias
    4. Alex DeLarge
    5. Rocky
    6. Han Solo
    7. Clarence Worley-True Romance
    8. Beetlejuice
    11. Edward Scissorhands
    12. Michael Myers
    14. Rorschach (Watchmen)
    15. Pennywise-It
    20. Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting - Gangs of New York
    21. Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*squee*

24. Ripley - Alien movies
    25. Mr. Orange - Reservoir Dogs
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

26. Count Orlock-Nosferatu: A Symphony of Terror
    27. Dracula-Dracula (1931)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

have we really gotten 27 deep before someone said...

28. Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)

or

29. Rupert Pupkin (King of Comedy)

there's my double dose of deniro and scorcese for the day (seymour can thank me later)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we have. I agree on Taxi Driver. I've never seen King Of Comedy though.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yay feev! I love a good fun poll!

The Bride (from Kill Bill)
    Jackie Brown

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    1. The Joker
    2. Hannibal Lecter
    3. Ozymandias
    4. Alex DeLarge
    5. Rocky
    6. Han Solo
    7. Clarence Worley-True Romance
    8. Beetlejuice
    11. Edward Scissorhands
    12. Michael Myers
    14. Rorschach (Watchmen)
    15. Pennywise-It
    20. Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting - Gangs of New York
    21. Tyler Durden - Fight Club
    dude, where's mine?>
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I love a good fun poll!

[obligatory] That's what she said[/obligatory]

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

We also haven't mentioned the cast of The Lion in Winter

32. Henry II
    "I found out the way your mind works and the kind of man you are. I know your plans and expectations - you've burbled every bit of strategy you've got. I know exactly what you will do, and exactly what you won't, and I've told you exactly nothing. To these aged eyes, boy, that's what winning looks like!"

33. Eleanor
    "I even made poor Louis take me on Crusade. How's that for blasphemy. I dressed my maids as Amazons and rode bare-breasted halfway to Damascus. Louis had a seizure and I damn near died of windburn... but the troops were dazzled."

34. Richard
    "I don't care what you offer Philip, I don't care what plans you make. I'll have the Aquitaine and Alais and the crown. I'll not give up one to get the other. I won't trade off Alais or the Aquitaine to that walking pustule! No, your loving son will not."

35. Geoffrey
    Geoffrey: I can handle John. He'll swallow anything I tell him. I'll take him by the hand and walk him into the trap you set.
    Eleanor: You're good. You're first class, Geoff. You'd sell John out to me, or me to John, or... you can tell me... have you found some way of selling everyone to everybody?
    Geoffrey: Not yet, mummy, but I'm working on it.

36. John
    "Who says, "poor John"? Don't everybody sob at once. My God, if I went up in flames, there's not a living soul... who'd pee on me to put the fire out."

37. Alais
    "I don't know who's to be congratulated. Kings, Queens, knights everywhere you look, and I'm the only pawn. I haven't got a thing to lose. That makes me dangerous."
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

38. Lon Chaney as The Phantom in The Phantom Of The Opera.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

39. Sam Lowry (Brazil)
    40. Herbert "H.I." McDunnough (Raising Arizona)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast