Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future Book Nominations

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Nominations are indeed accepted!
    however there seems to be very little activity
    Hey Jean, do you think we can get an announcement at the top of the page scrolling marquee?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

bump.
    looking to move past 1984 >.>

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I would 2nd Turn of the Screw, 3rd Great and Secret show, and 4th Catch - 22
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The more I look over this list, the more I want to read Catch-22 and The Great & Secret Show. Some good ones on this list.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

John F. Kennedy Beambounder is on a distinguished road Beambounder's Avatar

Default Nominations

Swan Song ,By Robert R.McCammon and Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons.
    Also I must not forget Slaughterhouse 5, Kurt Vonnegut of course.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Second slaughterhouse 5
    Sloth Love Chunk

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

excellent news. just let me know when we are ready to move forwards as i think i have nominated and seconded

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I haven't been in here much yet, but I'd third The Turn of the Screw.

I also agree that it might be interesting to discuss The Great & Secret Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Dae-Su View Post
    I don't think anyone will vote for it but here you are: Flowers for Argernon by Daniel Keyes
    No...don't think so, here. But, say, have you read The Minds of Billy Milligan?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually both of those two are excellent.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

list has been updated, let me know if we're good to begin voting

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm ready, willing and waiting
    Spoiler:
    i'm just looking for an excuse to stop reading a borin book

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

bump

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a thought, but how about Under the Dome, as I will have no interest in reading anything else untill I am done with that, and it would be a shame to miss the opportunity to all experience a King book (a good one I expect/hope) together for the first time.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it will be done in Cara Laughs, I am sure Under the Dome will be the Book of the Month as soon as it is out.

Only I have no idea where I could take it... not until I go to France in April, but even then it will be hardback, so I won't be able to buy it...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, and due to money constraints at the moment mine is christmas present,
    is the vote poll going to be up soon do we know?

If someone wishes to take the reigns of this, feel free to. I don't have the patience or attention span to keep it running.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 4thing the Turn of the Screw

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    If someone wishes to take the reigns of this, feel free to. I don't have the patience or attention span to keep it running.
    grrrrrrrrrrrr

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    aw sweetie. not too worry i am sure someone will pick up the reins. I would - but due to being computer stupid i would not be the best person for the job.

**sits and waits patiently for someone to come along**

Country
    Country Flag

computer skills don't have anything to do with it. I'll make all the polls for you, or anything else you might need.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can we just set up a poll to pick the next book?
    I'd offer to take over, but honestly I'll only be participating if it's a book that interests me. Could we just have the person that nominated the book take over the discussion if their book wins?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

A very good suggestion, to my mind. I hope it will be considered by

our new President -

candy

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you jean - that made me laugh

Razz has done all the hard work so far on this one, so i'll just set up a new thread with poll today and we are good to go

(thanks for your faith jean)

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2