This is a bit image-heavy, and one might argue a bit off-topic. But I've mentioned this a number of times, so I thought you might want to see what I mean.

As you may or may not know, Peter David's had a long career before working on Dark Tower. He's done several runs for several titles. He is in many ways the definitive Hulk writer, but he's also a great Spider-Man writer.

All of these are from his Spider-Man work, so if you have no interest in it, you might as well skip it.

In case you are wondering if this is legal, these are only excerpts and not the whole thing.

First up is "Leah".

Spoiler:

Those who've seen the Spider-Man films probably know who J. Jonah Jameson is. This was David's take on it.
Spoiler:

Now again, I still have to say that I've enjoyed "Long Road Home" much better than "Gunslinger Born". Still, these two Spider-Man stories are probably a blip on Peter David's career (although the first one was dedicated to one of David's friends who passed away, so maybe its more than that) whereas his Dark Tower work is probably his biggest project in a long time. But I'm glad that David's writing DT, just as I am that Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is doing The Stand, as both are underrated writers who don't nearly get the credit they deserve.

Still, in David's defense, he was largely adapting another writer's work and when he finally got to do his own stuff (albeit being guided) I think he had more free reign as a writer.

But in the end, I posted these two stories as a representative of the work that probably helped David get the job he got and how good he can really be.