Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Robin Furth and Peter David / Dark Tower Comic Writers

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Far from thinking that only Stephen King should be allowed to touch this mythos, I'd like to see more writers than just Furth contribute.

And I realize that the argument about Aileen is just an aside here, but to toss in my own two cents, I tend to agree that such a trope can be hit-or-miss. Specifically in this case, it doesn't bother me unless I think about it. I guess I have mixed feelings.
    It doesn't bother you unless you think about it?!?!

Dude? How can you not think about it ... she's in every issue looking like a cross between Bobby Brady and Pancho Villa.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's clearly an open secret. Everyone calls her by name, even in public. Doesn't seem like the writers are thinking about it all of the time, either. Seems Furth just wanted an excuse to include her. Writing consistently of an alien culture is more difficult. I expect some measure of slackness when I pick up a comic book. It's just a part of how I read, I suppose.

My Mood
    Gay

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In response to the argument that King wouldn't be able to balance writing both comics and novels, doesn't his involvement in the "American Vampire" series disprove that a little? (I say "a little" as he's not in it for the long haul like Furth and David apparently are, but he's still doing it)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    In response to the argument that King wouldn't be able to balance writing both comics and novels, doesn't his involvement in the "American Vampire" series disprove that a little? (I say "a little" as he's not in it for the long haul like Furth and David apparently are, but he's still doing it)
    Yes, on some points, for sure. Then again, he's just contributing, it's not all on him to write the whole thing, every month.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey NYC local folks - Peter David is doing a signing on January 27th.

Though it's a signing for IronMan... how could he turn down some DT related books?!??!

Details :
    Legendary writer Peter David (Fallen Angel, Dark Tower, X-Factor, a ton more) and artist Sean Chen (Mighty Avengers, Dark Reign: Fantastic Four) will be signing copies of their new book I Am Iron Man #1 EXCLUSIVELY at our Manhattan location on Wednesday, January 27 starting at 5:00pm!

This is your chance to meet industry legend Peter David and the great artist Sean Chen at our first signing of 2010, exclusively at Jim Hanley’s Universe, Where Fans and Creators Meet!

Jim Hanley’s Universe, 4 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001

(off 5th Ave. – opposite the Empire State Building)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    Hi,
    I've talked to Robin Furth about The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, if you're interested: http://stephenking.pl/sk_wywiady_skpl_091.html
    (there is also one question about Discordia and about Wind Throught The Keyhole).
    Many thanks to nocny for this link! Thought I'd bring it over here so hopefully more folks will see it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4