Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2616

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to make my first post-season with the DT league! Hope my squad can be at full strength for the rest of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    ...and Fernandito rounds out the field due in large part to an impressive seven game win streak in the middle of the season.
    Believe me, I was surprised too. It'll probably never happen again tho

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Congratulations to The Big CoughlinHunters (Still Servant), death by snu snu (Kent), Lud Billy Bumblers (Wolfhr), Gilead Brewery (fernandito), and Blaine the Pain Train (Jason) for making the playoffs!

I also limped into the playoffs but that will be short lived since my team hasn't scored more than 100 points in the last six weeks. While Jason got in as the sixth seed, his team has been on a roll going 5-1 the last six weeks to overcome a 2-6 start.

Still Servant's team rolled through the season to go 11-3 and earn the top seed and bye. Kent's team finished 10-4 to win a difficult Red division and earn the other bye.

Wolfhr's team won The White division to earn the third seed and Fernandito rounds out the field due in large part to an impressive seven game win streak in the middle of the season.

Good luck in the playoffs!
    I had a strong year, but my two-headed TE monster has looked kinda weak in recent weeks. Andrews hasn't looked the same since coming back from the injury and now he's without Jackson at QB.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't had Jackson at QB either.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rube, you resilient little bugger! 2-3 times I thought I had definitely put you away but damn you kept coming back... much to my distress.

Need Watson to give me 4 points today... I'm expecting he does, but if he doesn't - what's the tie breaker protocol?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to double-check on the tie breaker when I get home because I can't pull up anything on ESPN about it on my phone. However, I believe you would advance. It probably won't matter because I'm sure Watson will score at least 4 points.

If I could ever play the right WRs, it would be awesome. I have too many around the same level. If I had played Devonta Smith or Zay Jones, I would really be putting the pressure on you.

EDIT: I was right, you would advance if we tied. Here is the rule according to ESPN: "the tiebreaker for playoff games is each team's original seeding in the playoffs. In short, the team with the higher seed wins."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rube! BROOOOOOOOOOOO

That was the most nerve wrecking fantasy game I've ever 'played'! I was texting Mike throughout the game, ask him how much profanity came outta my sewer mouth.

Well played man!

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Fernandito and Wolfhr for winning in the first round and advancing!

Fernandito will take on the top seed Still Servant while Wolfhr will face the two seed death by snu snu.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Rube! BROOOOOOOOOOOO

That was the most nerve wrecking fantasy game I've ever 'played'! I was texting Mike throughout the game, ask him how much profanity came outta my sewer mouth.

Well played man!
    One-point losses make you second-guess yourself a lot. It would almost be better to be blown out. I decided to watch something else once Watson caught a couple passes.

Good game and good luck!

Country
    Country Flag

Of course I score the second most points I have all year and the most since week two in a game that doesn't matter.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Still Servant and Wolfhr for making thedarktower.org Fantasy Football championship game!

Still Servant's Big CoughlinHunters beat Fernandito's Gilead Brewery 126 to 105. Apparently, Joe Burrow (Still Servant's QB) really does own Patrick Mahomes (Fernandito's QB.)

Wolfhr's Lud Billy Bumblers upset the number two seed death by snu snu 150 to 82, scoring their highest point total of the year.

Good luck in the championship!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to the finalists! Well earned.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I need a big game from Burrow, which is certainly possible, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm fortunate to even have a shot. If Wolfhr played Daniel Jones, I'd be toast.

Country
    Country Flag

With the Monday night game postponed and both teams in our championship having players in their lineups from the game, I am waiting to declare a winner. Let's see what the NFL and ESPN decide to do first then we will have to discuss options.

In the meantime, we will be praying for Damar Hamlin.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good mind to Hamlin and his family. Hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

fyi...

NFL says Bills-Bengals will not be resumed this week, league has not changed Week 18 schedule

The NFL announced Tuesday afternoon that after discussion with both teams and the NFLPA, the game will not be resumed this week. The NFL also said it hasn't made any changes to the Week 18 schedule.

That opens up the possibility of the game not being played at all, or the start of the playoffs being pushed back. The league said no decision has been made on the possible resumption of the game at a later date.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With Hamlin doing better, I feel comfortable asking about this. Have we made a decision on how to handle the championship? I'm open to all options.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    With Hamlin doing better, I feel comfortable asking about this. Have we made a decision on how to handle the championship? I'm open to all options.
    CALM DOWN, SKIP BAYLESS.

Kidding.

IMO it's highly unlikely they resume that game. Let's see what the league says...

Country
    Country Flag

There are several ways we could handle the league championship game, which include:

1. Continue to wait until the NFL makes it official one way or the other. If they do replay it, apply the points from then.
    2. Call the game where it stands
    3. Add the week 18 points to the Buffalo and Cincinnati player's scores
    4. Just call the championship a tie and put both names on the trophy. We would need to use one of the above methods to still sort out the draft order between the two.

For every game that is not the championship game, the results will stand where they are.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    CALM DOWN, SKIP BAYLESS.

Kidding.

IMO it's highly unlikely they resume that game. Let's see what the league says...
    He's the worst.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Wolfehr for winning the 2022 Thedarktower.org Fantasy Football Championship!

Wolfehr's Lud Billy Bumblers beat Still Servant's Big CoughlinHunters 118 to 91 after adjusting the week 17 final to include the week 18 stats for the Bills and Bengals on their teams. This is Wolfehr's first championship.

Thank you everyone for a great season. I hope to see you all back for next season. I will post the draft order for that in the coming days.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Wolf!

And thanks again Commish for taking the time and organizing everything. This was another fun year and I look forward to the next!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Wolf!

And thanks again Commish for taking the time and organizing everything. This was another fun year and I look forward to the next!
    Congratulations! Well deserved. The trio of Niners really fueled your team down the stretch. Another nice job, Rube. It's never easy being a commish and that's in a normal season. The way this season ended was certainly not normal.

I'm putting it out there now, I'd like to vote on moving to a PPR league. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

what's the advantage of jumping to a PPR league?

Country
    Country Flag

A PPR league awards a point per reception so it gives extra points to WRs, TEs, and RBs that catch a lot of passes. It favors players that are heavily involved in the offense even if they aren't particularly effective. If you listen to most fantasy football experts, it has surpassed standard scoring (non-ppr) as the standard.

We can definitely put that up to a vote this off-season. I will probably include 1/2 point per reception as an option in the vote as well.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Rube!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast