Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2618

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad to hear you are ready for your turn but what happened to your friend Joe? He hasn't replied to anything. He technically hasn't missed his turn since Gabriel hasn't picked but he soon will. Can you talk to him?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, double-post

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I am waiting for my turn��
    awesome sauce. Glad you could make it
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I will call him tomorrow
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

It seems Joe is out. I am going to start sending PMs to find a replacement.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

General Ad posted

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ootball-League

should we put another one in a more high traffic area?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you need another, I will join.

I've been wanting to join the DT.org fantasy football league for a while, but I always figured it was full so I never even bothered looking in the thread. I have 5 teams already, but if you guys are in a bind, sign me up.

However, if you have other guys that have been waiting for a spot to open, I defer to them.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that the league is a dynasty league. Just to give some background. I have belonged to a dynasty fantasy baseball league since 1995. The league itself has been around since 1975. There was an article a few years back in the local newspaper that credits the founders of the league as one of the first fantasy leagues ever, calling them the grandfathers of Fantasy Sports.

Anyway, my point is I'm acutely aware of the dedication it takes to be a part of a dynasty fantasy league. This will be my first dynasty fantasy football league, which is something I've been interested in doing for a few years now.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome man we could use you!

Let me let RUBE chime in because he's the commish.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Great. We will be glad to have you.

I sent a pm. Please reply with an email and I will send you a league invite. As soon as you accept you can go to the league page on ESPN and submit a draft pick.

Country
    Country Flag

The draft is "paused" for Still Servant to accept his invite.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the chance, guys! I'm looking forward to it.

I was on late last night and I just got home, so I haven't had the chance to research the ins and outs of the league. Could you guys just give me a quick rundown of anything I might need to know? Thanks.

I just sent RUBE my email, so I will make my pick as soon as I get the login info.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I wait, can anybody give me an idea of the team I'm inheriting? Thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nevermind, I'm all set. I just logged in and checked my team out.

I selected Will Fuller - WR - Houston Texans.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see you here Still Servant.

We are always happy to see folks who may be in for the long haul.

We have had some turnover in the past few years but i think with good recruiting we can keep interested people participating in the league.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to be here. I suspect I know the reason the other guy lost interest. His team needs a lot of work. I'm up for the challenge though.

Ironically, I came into a similar situation in my fantasy baseball league in 1995. I joined my cousin's team, who took over a neglected expansion team. He was in last place every year since '91. It took some time, but in 2001 we won our first championship. If we win this year, that will make it 11 championships.

I'm not saying this to pat myself on the back, I'm just pointing out that I'm used to struggling for years before getting good and that I know it won't be easy. I'm very patient and you won't see me bail or lose interest just because I'm struggling on a weekly (yearly) basis.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Joe had a good team to start with Foster, Green, and some other pieces but it slipped a little the last few years. We have tried to encourage more trading in this league so it might not be a bad idea to offer Green to get several starting pieces in return.

I am sure that you know how to check out the league settings but if you have any questions let me know.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah it is definitely a rebuild project. But just some mindful add/drops to weed out the guys who are no longer relevant and attention to detail could get you turned around.

I had the worst record in the league for the first two seasons since the dynasty redraft because i purposefully went for a lot of young blue chippers, but my time in the sun has now arrived and I won the league last year and my team is pretty stacked.

I relish the idea of the long game and most of our turnover in my opinion has been due to folks leaving who just wanted a water cooler simple fantasy experience. It is tough to build a dynasty champion but it is fun when you do it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

@ The Big Coughlin Hunters
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

Sorry, Joe had a good team to start with Foster, Green, and some other pieces but it slipped a little the last few years. We have tried to encourage more trading in this league so it might not be a bad idea to offer Green to get several starting pieces in return.

I am sure that you know how to check out the league settings but if you have any questions let me know.
    It's understandable. He was hit hard by injuries and age it seems and was unable to resupply his team with young talent. Trading some of my more valuable pieces in order to help rebuild is something I'm hoping to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    yeah it is definitely a rebuild project. But just some mindful add/drops to weed out the guys who are no longer relevant and attention to detail could get you turned around.

I had the worst record in the league for the first two seasons since the dynasty redraft because i purposefully went for a lot of young blue chippers, but my time in the sun has now arrived and I won the league last year and my team is pretty stacked.

I relish the idea of the long game and most of our turnover in my opinion has been due to folks leaving who just wanted a water cooler simple fantasy experience. It is tough to build a dynasty champion but it is fun when you do it.
    As soon as rosters are unlocked, I plan on trimming a ton of fat. My dynasty fantasy baseball league is built on prospects. I love scouting high school and college players. That's why a league like this is right up my alley. I love the NFL draft. There's something I love about young players in general in any sport. I watch the WNBA draft for god's sakes.

Both you and RUBE have legit teams for sure. Nice work.

@ The Big Coughlin Hunters

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I have renewed the league for the upcoming season. This means that your players from last year are locked in as keepers.

Some of you have a player still in your IR spot. I sent an email to those this applies to but it occurred to me that you can't see the IR player now. You can click on the history section to view your team from last year if you can't remember who you had on IR. Please let me know if you want to drop someone to keep the IR player and I will fix your roster.

This is why I have been hesitant to play for several years! Since we went "public." We are beholden to ESPN or whomever..i just cannot start clean... there has to be some silly catch... no even playing field.

This frustrates me to no end as i feel this is just an other example of elitism on this site... given what i understand... there is no way to overcome not being involved now or with the last season... or the one before...ect. Thus elitism. I must say that, as one who helped build this group/thread...I find the elitism insulting. While no one has been disrespectful to me at all (in fact, quite the opposite)...I mean the "process" is elitist.

With missing owners mucking up the league and holding up the draft,
    The time to take over a team is NOW, Jon!

Choose your team, participate in the slow draft, and build yourself a champion.

The dynasty format is the "long game", but very rewarding if you can get to the top of the heap. Ill be there to try and get in your way, though!
    Thank you for your offer. I have managed to ruptured 2 discs in my neck. All my efforts are toward healing now. I also have some doubt as to how long I can keep the Internet service paid. I have been off for 3 weeks now and will soon run out of paid vacation, personal and sick days...only 3 let an I am facing a possible 6 week recovery.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, Jon. Sorry to hear that. I know every company is different but when I really tore up my leg and had to be out longer than what my normal days off would allow we had something built into our benefits to help until I could go back. Have you talked to someone to see if your company has anything similar? I have also had back surgery for a ruptured disc so I know it's painful. I hope you heal quickly.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Thank you for your offer. I have managed to ruptured 2 discs in my neck. All my efforts are toward healing now. I also have some doubt as to how long I can keep the Internet service paid. I have been off for 3 weeks now and will soon run out of paid vacation, personal and sick days...only 3 let an I am facing a possible 6 week recovery.
    OMG Jon, that really sucks and I'm very sorry to hear it. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery and return to health
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

9 picks by noonish tomorrow, come on guys.

Rube, for what its worth I don't care who my last pick is, I'll probably drop em and keep the open roster slot. If need be. I'll pick if we get there fast enough.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive been emailing and pming on this site for whoever is on the clock for the past few picks as they come on the clock.

I think we can get it done.

RUBE if you read this your friend Waste Lands Blaine's Pains (jason) is on deck (picking after Astrodad). If you can call him up when you are able so he can be prepared...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast