Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2616

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I will probably include 1/2 point per reception as an option in the vote as well.
    I feel like 1/2 pt. is a good idea. We have been drafting dynasty style non-ppr for years on end. Changing on a dime will definitely favor those owners that already are holding the PPR darlings.

Most dynasty leagues that do a major scoring rules change like that will pass the rule then not enforce it until the season after the next draft to allow for owners to adjust their squads to new parameters (for at least one season) I mean I know we only take 3 guys a year here, so that may not be much of an effect, though.

1/2 a point seems a good middle ground. Adjusts the scoring more minimally while still enacting the "points per reception" format.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I will probably include 1/2 point per reception as an option in the vote as well.
    I feel like 1/2 pt. is a good idea. We have been drafting dynasty style non-ppr for years on end. Changing on a dime will definitely favor those owners that already are holding the PPR darlings.

Most dynasty leagues that do a major scoring rules change like that will pass the rule then not enforce it until the season after the next draft to allow for owners to adjust their squads to new parameters (for at least one season) I mean I know we only take 3 guys a year here, so that may not be much of an effect, though.

1/2 a point seems a good middle ground. Adjusts the scoring more minimally while still enacting the "points per reception" format.
    Yeah, that makes sense to me.

If we stick to non-ppr, I won't be upset, I just feel like it's the way the hobby has gone now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to not post this sooner but here is next year's draft order:

2023 Draft Order:
    1. Equus Asinus (SkippyD023), 3-11, 1124
    2. Derry's Rejects (thegunslinger41), 5-9, 1273
    3. Garrell's Raiders, 5-9, 1394
    4. Walkin' Dudes (Lookwhoitis), 6-8, 1335
    5. Forbidden Zone (DoctorZauis), 6-8, 1362
    6. Dallas Death Rattle, 6-8, 1392
    7. Blaine the Pain Train, 6th Place, 7-7, 1394
    8. Rube's .45s, 5th Place, 8-6, 1278
    9. death by snu snu, 4th Place, 10-4, 1606
    10. Gilead Brewery (fernandito), 3rd Place, 9-5, 1513
    11. Big CoughlinHunters (Still Servant), 2022 Runner-up, 11-3, 1656
    12. Lud Billy Bumblers (wolfehr), 2022 League Champion, 8-6, 1457

Weirdly enough, several teams ended up in exactly the same draft position as last year, including Forbidden Zone, death by snu snu, and my .45s. I stayed in the same position despite my team scoring the most points last year and the third fewest this year. Sometimes it really does come down to luck in your matchups.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I propose something? What if we made the 3rd place match a battle for the better seed? (9th instead of 10th)

I feel gipped by putting out my best lineup in an attempt to win, when I really should have just tanked on purpose. But then that ruins the spirit of the competition...

Maybe I'm just bitter.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We can put that on the list of things to vote on this summer.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NFL draft is creeping up on us...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I need a strong one
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

I reactivated the league today.

If you want to start confirming your participation in the coming season, please feel free to do so. I will require it by the end of May. I will also start putting up suggested rule changes for votes on the ESPN page starting then.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No need to wait til May, I'm in!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone communicated with Wolfehr (Heath) recently? I have sent him a few emails but have not received a response and his inbox is full on this site.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in like Flint.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

IN2WIN
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

We have had one member of the league confirm that he will not be returning. If someone here on thedarktower.org is interested in the spot, they will get the first shot at it. The team is a good one that won the championship recently. If you are interested or know someone that is, please have them send me a PM.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone communicated with Wolfehr (Heath) recently? I have sent him a few emails but have not received a response and his inbox is full on this site.
    what is the scenario on the trophy? who has it right now?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Jason still has it from the previous championship. I was trying to get Heath's address to have Jason send it to him.

Since I posted that, Heath replied that he was back for this year in the ESPN message board so I know he is still around.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Jason still has it from the previous championship. I was trying to get Heath's address to have Jason send it to him.

Since I posted that, Heath replied that he was back for this year in the ESPN message board so I know he is still around.
    great news!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I was contacted by a member of this forum that is interested in taking over the open team manager in the league. I have sent him an invite to join. As soon as he does, we will begin the polls on potential rule changes, starting with whether we would like to go to PPR.

Country
    Country Flag

Please welcome ajw2910 to the league! He has accepted his invite and has already started personalizing his team.

I will post the first poll this week and send out an email when I do.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Which team did he take over?

Country
    Country Flag

Dallas Death Rattle in The Red division. The former owner was Brooks Knight who had previously been a member of this forum as well.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, happy to be part of the league.

Couple questions:

Do we just designate our keepers by just dropping the 5 players we don’t want?

And we drop 5 but only draft 3, is that correct?
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Country
    Country Flag

There are two IR spots so that is why you have two extra players. You can carry up to two in those spots during the season but they must be listed as out. Before I can enter the draft results, all of the teams must be down to 25.

You just need to go to your team page on ESPN and click the keeper link. There you can select your 25 keepers.

If you have players get hurt during the season, you can move them to IR and pick up a replacement from the available players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast