Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stephen King Illustrated Companion

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stephen King Illustrated Companion

There's a new book from Bev to be released this fall!

Check:
    http://www.bevvincent.com/sk-companion/

Liljas has two puzzles that show you the cover.

I'm looking forward to see it. Looks pretty interesting!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i like those puzzles!

am looking forward to the book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'll be posting more about the book in coming days...

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I want a copy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's the publisher's copy:

An interactive approach to King’s greatest works, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion features a wealth of unseen memorabilia from the author’s desk and insightful text that reads between the lines to uncover King's own compelling biography. Supplemented with rare and previously unpublished ephemera from King’s archives, such as hand-edited manuscript drafts, revealing letters between King and his editor, and personal mementos from his career, this unique companion volume tangibly illuminates the writer's works and life in a way never done before.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it's going to be an interesting book, Bev! Looking forward to learning more.

The puzzles were fun too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

From the back cover:

Exploring Where Savage Things Grow...

With thousands of horrific pages published since the first lines of Carrie, Stephen King's gripping perennial fiction has earned him the rightful appelation "The Master of Modern Horror." The Stephen King Illustrated Companion takes a critical look at King's most iconic works and reads between the lines to uncover the personal influences and demons as reflected in each monster, epidemic, and depraved character. Unseen family photographs and 16 pieces of previously unpublished ephemera--such as handwritten manuscript notes, typed early drafts, lengthy journal entries, and doodles for King's college newspaper--complete this tangible tour. Packed with fascinating biographical details, literary interpretations, and personal memorabilia, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion is a must-have addition to any true fan's library.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------------------Anxiously awaits the book.!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Who's the publisher?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Who's the publisher?
    Barnes and Noble.

The book was edited and produced by becker&mayer! but will be released under the imprint Fall River Press, which is Barnes & Noble.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, will you be signing copies?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

I'll have to figure that out when the time comes. It's going to be a large book (the page proofs were printed on A4 sheets and that was at a reduced size!) so shipping it back and forth isn't going to be cheap.

Table of Contents

Introduction: Mr. Horror USA
    Chapter 1: The Early Years
    Chapter 2: Room 217—The Shining
    Chapter 3: The Walkin’ Dude—The Stand
    Chapter 4: Welcome to Castle Rock—The Dead Zone
    Chapter 5: Sometimes Dead Is Better—Pet Sematary
    Chapter 6: Pennywise Lives—It
    Chapter 7: Number One Fan—Misery
    Chapter 8: The Night Journey—The Green Mile
    Chapter 9: Things That Go Bump—Bag of Bones
    Chapter 10: The Accident
    Chapter 11: More Worlds Than These—The Dark Tower series
    Chapter 12: The Thing with the Endless Piebald Side—Lisey’s Story
    Conclusion

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When will be released?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

In November, around the same time as Under the Dome.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome! Thanks, Bev. I'm really looking forward to it.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am on this like white on rice.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The concept here is that the book is a reader's companion. Since I couldn't cover King's entire career, I picked titles that were distributed across his career and were also among the more popular books, the ones that the average reader would be sure to know. However, I also picked books that had a significant biographical context. So, each book chapter is essentially partly about where King was in his life at the time he was working on the book and partly about how that might be seen to play out in the story. Biography through literary analysis.

The photo and documents researcher went after material that ties in well with my text.

Each chapter has two, three or more sidebars, self-contained items that relate to the text, though sometimes only marginally. Barnes and Noble loves sidebars!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- also loves sidebars!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

how exciting Bev!
    I'm sure you're really happy to have it done too.
    we can't wait to get it.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Just wait until you hear what sort of cool things King allowed the publisher to reproduce from his archives at the University of Maine. Along with some terrific material provided by a collector. I can't wait to get the book myself!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, I'll be getting a copy.

(Any proofs going to be available? )

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Of course, I'll be getting a copy.

(Any proofs going to be available? )

John
    I second this (both the statement and the question )!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast