Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: The Stephen King Illustrated Companion

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great book, well worth the price. The "inserts" in themselves are invaluable!

John

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

This book is the closest I'll ever get to owning some of the items in Bob's collection!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

@Randall: LOL!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I haven't yet been able to confirm this, but it appears that the Companion is out of stock at the B&N warehouse, which means it is no longer available at bn.com except used (prices starting at $62!). The "find in store" function isn't there, either, so I can't determine if there are copies in any stores. There's no guarantee that there'll be a third printing (though I hope there will be), so if you haven't bought a copy yet and see one at a B&N store, I'd say grab it while it's still available.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I haven't yet been able to confirm this, but it appears that the Companion is out of stock at the B&N warehouse, which means it is no longer available at bn.com except used (prices starting at $62!). The "find in store" function isn't there, either, so I can't determine if there are copies in any stores. There's no guarantee that there'll be a third printing (though I hope there will be), so if you haven't bought a copy yet and see one at a B&N store, I'd say grab it while it's still available.
    I was looking at many B&N's last year for this trying to find the Fall River imprint. There were stacks of the reprint version on the bargain shelves for around $20 each. Finally found one copy out of looking through maybe a hundred. They were also on the endcaps near the bargain area where all the big books are.

Fantastic book BTW and a great idea. I don't know who's it was but it was a great one to make it interactive. I've seen others copy the idea since.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought one of these a while ago and never ended up cracking it open. It looks pretty cool, I'm going to have to dig it out.

I did notice that BandN here in Ann Arbor had some in the bargain area when I was there at Christmas.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered 5 extra copies 3 months ago and never arrived. And since there are no existences, I got my money back, but can't get the copies.

Oh well...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

I have no idea what he's saying, but this is pretty cool: a 10 minute video review!

Autor książki - Bev Vincent - stara się odkryć zawarte między wierszami wpływy z prywatnego życia Kinga na postacie swoich najważniejszych powieści. Książka zawiera nieznane dotąd fotografie rodzinne, odręczne notatki na maszynopisach, wczesne szkice powieści, zapiski z pamiętnika, czy rysuneczki jakie Stephen nabazgrał do swojej gazetki szkolnej. Wszystko to okraszone ciekawymi detalami z biografii pisarza stanowi obowiązkową pozycję na półce każdego fana.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I wrote you on Facebook, he loves the book ;-)

Thanks! I thought so.

Another video review. It's awesome!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beverly!

He's not wrong there.

And he did give it a 6 out of 5.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So he gets a pass for all the she(s) and her(s)?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

He's only 17. I did brief him in the comments.

Announcing: The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, 2nd edition. The text has been updated (Dark Tower chapter to include Wind Through the Keyhole), there's a new chapter (13 -- covering Under the Dome, 11/22/63 and Doctor Sleep) and a revised conclusion mentioning Joyland and Mister Mercedes. Available Nov 5.

Full disclosure: This edition does not contain the pouches with removable content. Some of this content has been omitted and some of it has been reproduced on pages of the book.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781454911258

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great news! Congrats! (Shame about the removable content, though. That stuff was awesome.)

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book was amazing the first time around, and am interested to see what has been added. Glad I own a first edition, because the removable content was really fantastic. Still amazed how the publisher was able to make all that work on a grand scale.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it's release in Nov.!
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

The revised and updated edition has been spotted at at least one B&N store. It's also available online

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the main differences between the previous & the revised edition?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

What's the main differences between the previous & the revised edition?
    see Bev's post #491 above

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20