Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ♥♥ WELCOME TO THE WORLD, ELLA GRACE! ♥♥

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Here are a few photos I took tonight with my cellphone (to avoid the flash) at about 11pm (yes, sj, I mean the West Coast timezone). After our two lighter-haired boys, this girl has black hair like her daddy.

Oh, here's one from late this afternoon.

I her already.

Aww, she's adorable!

Congratulations, Patrick.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Thank you, Brice and sj.

sarajean, yes, that would be cool. But it would be more awesome if she comes home sooner!

Here's a bonus goofball photo taken on the 19th:

By the way, I'm still debating whether to post the fact that a few months ago my wife (who is not an SK fan) told me she credits Stephen King with the fact that we were going to have a girl. True story.
    Aww. She is so beautiful. So cute.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Brice and sj.

sarajean, yes, that would be cool. But it would be more awesome if she comes home sooner!

Here's a bonus goofball photo taken on the 19th:

By the way, I'm still debating whether to post the fact that a few months ago my wife (who is not an SK fan) told me she credits Stephen King with the fact that we were going to have a girl. True story.
    And why does she credit SK with this?

sj, move back to California and we'll talk.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And why does she credit SK with this?
    That was my reaction as well when she made the statement, Brice.

As you know, we have two boys already.

I suppose this might be TMI for the delicate (no, not you, Brice), so I'll spoiler mark it while I try to explain the logic.

Spoiler:
    A while back, I went on a short weekend trip. The night before leaving, we ...experienced... marital bliss... Anyway, the timing of that consummation was because I was about to leave for the weekend. There was no way she was getting pregnant because her monthly ovulation was supposedly too far in the future.

After my weekend trip, I came home for a couple days during which my wife was sick and there was no joy in Mudville (to borrow a phrase from the poem, Casey At Bat). Then I left on another longer trip out of the country.

After my return from the second trip, we found out she was pregnant, then later we found out we were having a girl.

Interesting and relevant side note: Boy sperm swim faster, but girl sperm live longer.

At some point in her pregnancy, my wife did the math: She was carrying a girl baby because we did it at the outside timeframe for getting knocked up before ovulation. And that timing was caused because her husband was about to leave for the weekend...

...to go to Las Vegas...

...to attend the 2008 TDT.com Gathering.

Therefore, my wife credits Stephen King for the fact that she got the girl she always wanted.

By the way, our baby got released from the hospital last Thursday, at eight days old. Here she is at home:

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

oh, patrick.

he so totally is responsible.

and...i swear, she's just the cutest thing.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick - She's just so precious. I'm so happy she's home safe with the rest of the family... and I love the story of how she came to be.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, sj and Pam.

By the way, I'd take that whole chain of logic with a grain of salt, but anything that makes my wife think more favorably at all about SK (and by extension, my SK book addiction) is fine by me!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, sj and Pam.

By the way, I'd take that whole chain of logic with a grain of salt, but anything that makes my wife think more favorably at all about SK (and by extension, my SK book addiction) is fine by me!
    So are you going over to his message board to start a thread titled "It's Stephen King's fault my wife got pregnant"?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not his fault she got pregnant, it is to his credit that the baby is a girl.

But I love the Jerry Springer vibe in the way you phrase it.

Too bad all posts are prescreened over there, or I'd be tempted to take your suggestion.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That was basically the exact vibe I was going for my friend.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know. That's why I love you, man.

MORE PICTURES, PLEASE!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    MORE PICTURES, PLEASE!
    Awwww.

Today she is two weeks old. However I'm in the office so my selection of photos is rather limited...

Ok, here's one for you from when she was five days old:

so.

damn.

cute!

seriously.

i love her, patrick.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So do I!
    She's such a little cutie
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, sarajean and Heather!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ohhhhhh. So adorable.
    And I want those freckles !!! Does the baby have freckles too?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Thus far my younger son is hording the freckles and not sharing with the other two.

I love his freckles. He has lots of them.

!!!!!!

seriously?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

She got a skull cap for when she's cruising around in Daddy's truck. I'm not sure her mom cares for it though.

*sigh*

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

At least I tried to color-coordinate the cap to her binkie...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast