Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Random SK Book Questions!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joyland was only issued in trade paperback size. Not including the hardback editions of course.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh ok. thanxs. it just caught me by surprise that's all. cause i was just fully expecting for it to be the same size as the colorado kid that's all.

it's not a big deal though. i was just curious that's all. thanxs.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It caught me as strange also that Joyland was not the same size as TCK.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    It caught me as strange also that Joyland was not the same size as TCK.

Why exactly? It's a totally different edition, no? As I recall, HC released predominantly PB editions of TCK as well and only a limited amount of HC's, right?

Just curious is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard Case Crime did not release the hardcover Colorado Kid. That was PS Publishing.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Joyland is a little bigger than the standard HCC paperbacks. Maybe they changed the dimensions recently but older books I've seen are the same size as The Colorado Kid.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hard Case Crime did not release the hardcover Colorado Kid. That was PS Publishing.

John
    Oops, yes you are totally right. My Bad!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication?
    Hey,

First Words include "Jhonathan and the Witchs" written when SK was 9. That would be the first story.

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheTurtle View Post
    Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!
    http://whatismymovie.com/results?tex...2-672ed0f1a9ed

Suggested 3 King movies for your question.
    Shawshank Redemption (I doubt it is correct)
    Dolores Claiborne
    Cats Eye.

There's a start at least

I didn't Black House had a movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz View Post
    I think this may be something that happened in DT books but I can't be sure and it's driving me nuts: whose father poisoned a neighbor's horses during the Depression and forced the farmer to move on? I read a ton of books this winter and for some reason the little backstory bit is stuck in my head and I can't place it. It was a white guy who was a kid in the Depression and the farmer was black.
    Did you ever get an answer?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

At least 2 of those posters haven't been on the forums in over a decade...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4