Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random SK Book Questions!

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I would venture a guess that it was cheaper to leave out some of the illustrations. Just for the record, the UK Hodder & Stoughton trade paperback has NO illustrations.
    I wouldn't buy a copy without the illustrations. I think they add to the story. I don't own any of the books in mass market.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Harrison, you should get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography'. This book will help answer your question better than anyone can over the 'Net. It's really the definitive King bibliography (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, plays, unpublished stuff, you name it).

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Harrison, you should get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography'. This book will help answer your question better than anyone can over the 'Net. It's really the definitive King bibliography (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, plays, unpublished stuff, you name it).

This!!!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    This!!!
    ?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Biomieg,
    I been looking to buy a copy of this and was curious to know if either or both of the soft or hardcover editions has illustrations?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have the softcover edition and I was going to say it doesn't have any illustrations but I'm not so sure actually - there may be a couple on the title pages of the different chapters. I can't check it right now. But if there are any, it's not much. The book is really just a long list with bibliographical info. If you want pics/illustrations you should get a copy of George Beahm's Stephen King Collectibles. It's woefully outdated as a price guide but it's a nice book to have regardless.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The CD Publications hardcover version of Justin brooks book has cover art by Alan M. Clark (SK Signpost) and interior black and white draawings by Glenn Chadbourne. They are simply introductory pictures to each section of the book and not of any of the items listed in the bibliography. There are 12 drawings in true Chandbourne fashion.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm heavy into my search for rare King works from his early days. Does anyone know if Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished was printed in any other form than the limited edition hardcovers from Cemetary Dance? I would love to read it without shelling out a bunch of dough. Was it ever released as a trade paperback? Does anyone know of a digital version perhaps?

Country
    Country Flag

Everything that is in that book is also in Justin Brooks' book. The difference is that Brooks' book merely lists all known King pieces (published an unpublished) with a bit of bibliographic info while the book you show also contains reviews/critiques and such.

I don't think there's a trade paperback version of it but there are some proofs of the book out there. I have one, I didn't want to spend my money on the limited either. I got it for $30 I think.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I borrow it? Just kidding.
    Looks like I am going to have to get my hands on that Brooks book...

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication?
    great idea--I'd join this reread group & it sounds like fun

whoever organizes the group can make the reading list? (someone besides me, that is?)

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1stly i apologize if i didn't put this in the right area folks. but i had no idea where to ask it to be honest, and Random SK book Questions sounded like a good question. i had asked my mom to pick me up a copy of the paperback version of Under the dome. i have the hardback novel but when i want to say go to work and read on my lunch break carrying that heavy novel is a fucking bitch. so i was wanting to get the paperback version of it which is no doubt lighter. my question is there a paperback version of it? or just the hardback and she says the trade paperback version of it. i wasn't with her so i
    have no idea what she was even looking for? anyways, i kinda stopped paying attention to the paperback releases cause i buy the hardbacks.

so i have no idea how they released Under The Dome. and also the reason i just said fuck it and had my mom pick me up a copy is i don't get out much. other than going to work. and she gets out more than i do. again much apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the Dome has been issued in paperback. Check out eBay or Amazon.

John

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Trade paperbacks have been released in two formats with the addition of the new TV tie-in version. I've never seen an American mass market version anywhere.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well the version i was told told was a big edition. i will look more thanxs. and i did look on amazon i really couldn't figure out which was paperback or trade. yes i know the difference. but i was thinking along the lines of trade paper backs some people just call them paperback. and since amazon only said paperback that it maybe meant that was what they meant. i dunno i was dog tired yesterday or whatever day i looked at amazon. thanxs though

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just looking at Amazon.com and they have listings for mass market paperbacks different then the trade paperbacks (which they just call paperbacks). So the UTD paperback they have listed is trade paperback edition.
    Christine

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that's what i thought. and if my post made people confused upon reading it, i apologize i was dog fucking tired when i wrote that. and i had trouble
    typing it cause i couldn't figure out a good way to put it. anyways i asked the same question about it being in paperback on IMDB well the Stephen King board. just for shits sake ya know? cause i had no idea how long it would be until i got a response from here. and someone posted they think it's only been put out in Trade. so i dunno what to think ya know? i need to go to a bookstore at some point soon and see for myself. or hell ask someone who works there!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can tell you right now, with Amazon only having a listing for the trade paperback, there has yet to be a MMPB made of UTD.
    Christine

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i have the hardback novel but when i want to say go to work and read on my lunch break carrying that heavy novel is a fucking bitch.
    Under the Dome is the only (except the treasured DT editions sent to me by Jerome a few years ago) hardback King novel I have. I bought it in Paris two years ago. It was an act of idiotism, but I couldn't wait. I was hauling it with me around Paris, and reading it in parks, cafes, everywhere. My bag (camera, water bottle, wallet, keys... and then that volume) was outrageously heavy. But it somehow added to my love of that book.

... kindle!.. KINDLE is the answer to everything!...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ok i have 2 other questions for ya folks, my apologies if i asked this already. i honestly can't remember. i have a paperback version of "the Shining' and 'it's a (2001) printing 1st printing i believe from Pocket Books it's been years since i last read the shining. but i don't remember it being 683 pages.

and than i have a paperback of 'Salems Lot' put out by Pocket as well. i also don't remember the book being 631 pages but these paperbacks are
    that long. are they longer versions? i haven't read them yet and even if did i haven't read Salem's Lot since like fucking High school i believe. so it's been years. so i would be unable to tell what's been added and what not. am i wrong in thinking this or did Pocket just make the print smaller and make the paperback books longer than they originally were the way they printed them? thank you by the way for the help.

what's MMPB by the way? and Kindle see isn't my kind of thing. that's fine for those who like it. but i'm old fashion i guess. when i read a book i love the smell of a new book just like someone loves the smell of a new car. and each NEW SK book has their own kind of smell. it's weird i know but it's how i am. it doesn't turn me on or anything like it may some people.

i just love holding the books weather it be paperback or hardback in my hands. or if it's a heavy ass book like say "IT" if i'm reading the harback of it i lay on my bed and read it while i set the book on my bed.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

They are not longer versions, the type is just larger.

MMPB=mass market paperback

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    it doesn't turn me on or anything like it may some people.
    Ha ha.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i thought you'd like that. i only say that cause you know how there's many type's of things that people get off on. and it would NOT surprise me if that was one of them. and thanx again for the help. it's also nice to know that we STILL got bookstores around. not many are left by where i live. which pisses me off to no end.

Country
    Country Flag

The MMPB of these books are always going to be longer then the originals since they are phsycally smaller then the hard backs are.
    Christine

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i picked up the trade paperback of under the dome yesterday. and i think i may go to sam's club which we have one out by us and get it there cheaper.
    it's lighter than the hardback but it's still a big book. he he. i am curious though i bought Joyland recently i haven't read it yet. but it took me by surprise that it wasn't the same size as The Colorado kid. which i have 2 copies of. one i got used and it's been read and one is brand spanking new

and it's never been read nor do i intend it to be read either. is there a smaller edition of it? i'm just curious that's all. if i can find a copy of the hardback of joyland i'm getting it. if not than i'm not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast