Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random SK Book Questions!

Gunslinger Apprentice osseolax28 is on a distinguished road

Default Dolans cadillac-R.F.?

just watched Dolans Cadillac, a new stephen king film i think, and was wondering if Jim Dolan supposed to be Flagg? Theres so many things that point to it directly, at least in the movie, havent read the story.

So has anyone else seen the movie and thinks the same?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Seen it and read the story. No connection. Dolan is just a hood.

Traveler ChildoftheTurtle is on a distinguished road

Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!

Along the Path of the Beam NoLabelBG is on a distinguished road NoLabelBG's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by osseolax28 View Post
    just watched Dolans Cadillac, a new stephen king film i think, and was wondering if Jim Dolan supposed to be Flagg? Theres so many things that point to it directly, at least in the movie, havent read the story.

So has anyone else seen the movie and thinks the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Seen it and read the story. No connection. Dolan is just a hood.
    In fact, there is a connection! The movie begins with the description of Randal Flagg from The Stand! They used it to describe Dolan! It was very strange! And stupid, i think! Flag is way more evil, interesting and "classy" character than Dolan. Dolan was a small fish! He didn't earned this awesome description!
    [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]To see some Bulgarian
    Stephen King book covers, click here:

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheTurtle View Post
    Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!
    The first thing that came to my mind was "Cell"...but it was only the child's shoe bit that made me think of it.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking Cell also, but like you I think it's just the child's shoe that's leading me there.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheTurtle View Post
    Sounds like BLACK HOUSE if memory serves.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think this may be something that happened in DT books but I can't be sure and it's driving me nuts: whose father poisoned a neighbor's horses during the Depression and forced the farmer to move on? I read a ton of books this winter and for some reason the little backstory bit is stuck in my head and I can't place it. It was a white guy who was a kid in the Depression and the farmer was black. I don't even remember what the point or context was. The only character I can think of Prentiss. Is that right? Anyone? Sorry for putting this in non-DT questions but I can't remember. I read all seven of them a couple months ago and then a wack of other King novels. It may have been in Blaze?

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Not what you are looking for but there is a Pimli(?) Prentiss in one of the DT books. He didn't work with horses though

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^ is a major spoiler for people who haven't read DT: VII, maybe it should be in a spoiler tag.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree! It should be spoilered, please.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I agree! It should be spoilered, please.
    Sorry peeps didnt think, I took the whole thing of as I couldnt work out the spoiler thingybob. Sorry again!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries! You just need to click the radioactive symbol in the box you post in for spoilers.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy Flavio is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think that happens after, in the book Cell...
    Spoiler:
    Clay makes a call to the 911 and gives the phone to his zombie-son

I would kill to know what happened after the book finished, and who made all the mess...
    And... this will be stupid but I am a Cat-Lover, yes... What happens with Tom's Cat...
    The one that Clay mentions "President of the US"

PD: Cell was the first S.K. book I ever red...
    I could not sleep the first night after reading it... that means that I did not get to the part that says that the phone-crazyes do not enter in the houses during the first night XD
    Last edited by Flavio; 03-01-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Updated

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

@savvy yeah I remember Prentiss, it is just the backstory I can't place. It just reminded me of the Hanlons in It, but in a different novel. Any help?

Country
    Country Flag

Its really annoying me now I seem to remember something like the back story but I'm sure it wasn't in DT books

Country
    Country Flag

I keep thinking of The Eyes of the Dragon

Spoiler:
    where Ben Staads dad Andrew loses his farm and he joins the exiles

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about The Breathing Method. Does anyone have any idea who John, the English teacher at the end is? I wouldn't put it past King to hint at someone who appears in other works but I can't think of anyone except John from The Dead Zone.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I have a question about Wizard and Glass. I have the first plume trade paperback edition. I saw on Dave Mckean's website that there were more illustrations from Wizard and Glass. Were there more in the first edition hardback than in the trade paper editions?

BUMP!
    I'm still unable to find the answer to this question. If anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    I have a question about Wizard and Glass. I have the first plume trade paperback edition. I saw on Dave Mckean's website that there were more illustrations from Wizard and Glass. Were there more in the first edition hardback than in the trade paper editions?
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How many illustrations are in the Plume?

If you rescue me

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

There are 18 illustrations in the hardback and 12 in the Plume.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    There are 18 illustrations in the hardback and 12 in the Plume.
    excellent. Thank you. Wizard and Glass is the next Dark Tower first edition I plan to get. I'll probably have to get The Gunslinger last since it's so expensive. Anyone know why some of the illustrations were removed for the Plume and subsequent editions? Just out of curiosity.

Sweet! Went ahead and edited the wikipedia page for Wizard and Glass so that this information is available to anyone else who is looking for it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I would venture a guess that it was cheaper to leave out some of the illustrations. Just for the record, the UK Hodder & Stoughton trade paperback has NO illustrations.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast