Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you buy a DarkTower.com Yearbook?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-Love to

67 63.21%
  • Not really...no

39 36.79%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy---TheDarkTower.com Yearbook?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Would you buy---TheDarkTower.org Yearbook?

This is an idea I had last night to help offset site costs and end up with a cool little collectible. Please only vote "yes" if you are serious about owing one of these. **Posts are not anonymous**

The idea speaks for itself. To produce a high quality hard back Yearbook for our site every year available at the end. The cost to do this would be high on the front end but they can be made back on the back.

Here are the main points:

• 50% of the sales (minus cost) would be given to Haven, the rest to the site
    • All material included is owned and copyrighted by TheDarkTower.com
    • Cost would be roughly $25.00/book
    • Books would be published in December every year
    • First publication would be a bonus that covers the first two years of the site.

Here's what to expect inside kind of a "sections" format: (this is all photo's and posts like you would see in a regular yearbook)

• The first days
    • Along the Path of the Beam: Tower thoughts (this would be theories that have been posted on the books)
    • Our Katet: Thoughts (posts) and photos on each other
    • Random Funnies
    • Games and Contests
    • Photo's-Photo's-Photo's
      • Pets-Kids
      • Marriages-Births
      • Other significant stuff (announcements)
    • Fundraiser!!
    • Get Togethers
    • Fan Art
    • Crowing Achievements
    • Also we could do some other fun stuff like "Most Likely to Succeed"

So please vote what you think, I consider it a very fun idea and you never know, the books could become collectible.

Also, we could make the fundraiser grand prize every year a signed one from King perhaps.

Much love!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

YES!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'd be unlikely to buy one as most of that info is readily available on the site. That, and I have a limited amount of shelf space.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...that's too bad. But thanks for the honest answer Dags

And yes, it's on the site already but not in an easy to read format.

Meaning, researched and put together in a way that is fun.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i would love to own one, and work on one.

<---yearbook for 3 years.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Heck, I'd buy one ! I want one now!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Funds allowing - I'd absolutely LOVE to own one of these.
    Although, I lay emphasis on the "funds allowing" part. Since I'm going back to my old job, though...I'm hoping they will, indeed, allow.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news!! Thanks you guys.

And I would love to have you on the committee sj--my creativity makes everything end up looking like a battleship

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

you knew i'd volunteer, though, didn't you?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Heck, I'd buy one ! I want one now!
    me too, i keep reading these fund raising idea's and getting really excited
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Great news!! Thanks you guys.

And I would love to have you on the committee sj--my creativity makes everything end up looking like a battleship
    i want to be on the committee too

seriously though, anything i can do let me know

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If we do it, you are in candy.

Thanks for the vote

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that I personally would not own one of these, however I do think it is a good idea, I think a lot of others would want one.

For this reason I'm not going to cast "no" or "yes" as my answer is a little bit of both.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm i'm interested
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have voted yes - I'll start saving right now, and hope Alexander (he of London) will help me to find a way to transfer the money.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I will buy one... and give it to Daggers

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I vote yes, I would love to buy one!!!!!! I will save up the money somehow.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one Mr. Rabbit Trick!

Question, though: are there any legal ramifications to this? I mean, it's one thing to post something on the Internet, but publishing it in a book may be quite another. (Yeah, I get the irony, I'm just asking). I mean, do you need people to give permission to be in this book, or is that implied by posting to the site?

Hey, somebody had to play Devil's Advocate.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I think this is a potentially good idea, however, I think there would need to be a very strict "approval process" for what pictures and what information makes it in to the yearbook or not.

There would need to be permission to allow pictures or information from every single person who could potentially be in the book. I'm sure there are several people who would definitely not want to be in it, and some that would want to be on every page.

This would add some work to the process, getting all the "permission slips" signed, but it's a matter of respect, in my opinion. And definitely necessary before we go putting peoples faces on a hard-copy.

So, yeah, if we make sure that nobody ends up in it without their permission, then I'd consider it. Interesting idea, Matt.

I'm still reserving my official vote for a later time though. I need some time to think about it.

ETA: Hey Dags, good question. I don't think it's a legal issue, as long as we get permission.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are great, thank you.

I am in the process of quitting my job so I'm going to need something to do.

I will make sure I have explicit permission from anyone that is included because I want to make sure people are cool. However, I would never take it to the extent of the law which says if you post it, the site owns it.

That seems harsh and stupid and I would rather not do it than hurt someones feelings.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heck, yes! I'd definitely buy one. <3

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I voted no, for a lot of reasons, but pretty much what daggers said, plus this following.

***All material included is owned and copyrighted by TheDarkTower.com
    • Our Katet: Thoughts (posts) and photos on each other
    • Photo's-Photo's-Photo's
      • Pets-Kids
      • Marriages-Births
      • Other significant stuff (announcements)
    • Fan Art
    Also, we could make the fundraiser grand prize every year a signed one from King perhaps.
    I have no problem with you including pictures I've posted, or poetry, or anything like that. I do have a problem with you claiming copyright on anything included. How does that work? I think that from a legal standpoint you have to rethink this idea.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to point out the potential pitfalls of this idea.

I also believe it is not needed.

*****edit

I guess you posted the above while i was posting this, so anything that seems redundant, please excuse.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I will make sure I have explicit permission from anyone that is included because I want to make sure people are cool. However, I would never take it to the extent of the law which says if you post it, the site owns it.

That seems harsh and stupid and I would rather not do it than hurt someones feelings.
    That's good to hear, Matt.
    I don't want to fuck with anybody's privacy, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess you posted the above while i was posting this, so anything that seems redundant, please excuse.
    EDIT--No problem, I was posting this while you were posting the above. The only reason I even mentioned that part is to clear the idea of using King copyrighted material.

It's just an idea man, I'm trying to feel it out.

I will not, under any circumstances publish something that someone doesn' want put in there. I will get permission for every single word.

I am not claiming I own anything that I don't.

I think we may be coming into a spot that turns this from something fun into something that isn't worth it. It's not like I'm going to make any money off it.

It was just supposed to be cool and fun.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you had a good idea Matt, we're just here to keep you out of prison.

I think what JB means is you can't (well, shouldn't) claim copyright to someone else's ideas, photos, etc. so you'd have to forego that if you wanted people to contribute to the book. If, for example, I had posted a bunch of poetry in here and you told me you would have the copyrights if I allowed it in the book, I would politely decline.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't what I meant at all. I stand corrected.

I am sure it wouldn't create prison time but I am not the kind of person to steal other peoples stuff to make a fun book.

It was just to mention the advantage of not having to worry about copyrights from various artists and King. Sorry for the mis understanding.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast