Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Madam, I'm Adam

Along the Path of the Beam Crunchy is on a distinguished road Crunchy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah i got here late but it was very fun.

just a note.. those were technically not palindromes. palindromes spell the SAME word when reversed, not another word. the most official term i've heard for these words is "semordnilap" ("palindromes" backwards). so palindromes spell the same word (ie. racecar) and semordnilaps spell another word (ie. stop/pots)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post

just a note.. those were technically not palindromes. palindromes spell the SAME word when reversed, not another word. the most official term i've heard for these words is "semordnilap" ("palindromes" backwards). so palindromes spell the same word (ie. racecar) and semordnilaps spell another word (ie. stop/pots)

This thought crossed my mind as well, but I just assumed I was wrong.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post

I could be mistaken but I thought I heard that those still count as palindromes....

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, according to the web dictionaries

Definitions of palindrome on the Web:

* a word or phrase that reads the same backward as forward
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* A palindrome is a word, phrase, number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction (the adjustment of punctuation ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

So technically, number one is the ONLY palindrome in the group.

The rest are just words that make other words when reversed.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Call them... cat balls then... just keep 'em coming!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will post more, I promise. But this week has been hell week at work and school. Soon though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3