Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What should we do to raise money next year?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the store!

2 12.50%
  • Bracelets - I want more bracelets!

2 12.50%
  • DT bookmarks!

6 37.50%
  • I have another idea! (please post your thoughts)

6 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas for next year - making $$$$$$

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

One picture of you and you get your own personalised Lisa Calendar

Hey! That's given me an idea!! We could maybe do a member auction next year! Like, anyone that is up for it puts themselves in and offers say, a drawing they've done, or a mix tape (cd) they've made, or cookies or cyber gifts like a video clip or song request played or a photo - then other members bid on them over, say 24 hours. Highest bidder wins the offered item from the member they bought.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, that sounds like FUN!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, the possibilities. Wubba.

( no way you're getting a pic of me, lisa, but it was a valiant try, me chum )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Drat! Foiled again

The main point of the member auction, aside from raising for Haven of course!, is that the item you win must be made by that member - just shoving that in there to clarify

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it would be a fabulous idea!

My Mood
    Gay

Sounds like a good idea... so long as the person getting auctioned gets to pick what the "item" is.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha! For the sake of what little morality we have here, I think the member should specify what they are going to provide on entering themselves. Certain prizes can obviously be personalised, like songs played or sung or drawings or details of photos etc.

My Mood
    Gay

i would pay big bucks to have Lisa read me a book.

I think its a great idea !

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If I had a mic I would

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think this would require an up-front statement of what the goods/services offered were.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

oooh! i love that idea.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yeah, I think this would require an up-front statement of what the goods/services offered were.
    you know what I want, my little irish pudding.............

i love chocolate chip cookies!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

All of these ideas are awesome!
    I especially love the calendar one.
    Hopefully by next year, I'll have money to spare (rather than being a parent-sponge), and shall be able to donate something less abstract than just love, support, and a whole lotta heart.

I look forward to it.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That stuff you did donate up there was just as important to the cause as the money Alisha.

All of you just being here so that we can share each other and our experiences is the best that we can do.

And I am as mushy as a 3 day wet sponge today.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love the member auction idea
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

as am i, its a fab idea, as it wouldnt have to cost a lot (or anything) it would just be something really personal from that person.

i must say all of this sounds super, let me know if and when i can help

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The DTStore was at CafePress and they do charge for a premium, not to mention, they take such a large amount of the items cost...it's not effective and I don't want to line their pockets with Haven's money.

Not to mention, it did not take one single sale for the fundraiser this year.

My idea to Dags was to see what we could do about producing something like the bracelet that people knew they would be able to buy and donate to Haven at the same time. Bulk and planning means low overhead.
    I feel DOH! because I didn't even realize that the Cafe Press store was tied into the fundraiser. I'll just crawl back under my rock over there. *points*
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    One picture of you and you get your own personalised Lisa Calendar

Hey! That's given me an idea!! We could maybe do a member auction next year! Like, anyone that is up for it puts themselves in and offers say, a drawing they've done, or a mix tape (cd) they've made, or cookies or cyber gifts like a video clip or song request played or a photo - then other members bid on them over, say 24 hours. Highest bidder wins the offered item from the member they bought.
    Hey! Nobody had a heart attack or went blind from any of my pictures. Thank TPTB because I couldn't afford a lawsuit if someone had. Phew!

I like this idea a lot. I could donate some cookies or brownies or something like that. Also, if I get my crafty stuff back together, maybe I can make a DT plasticraft for hanging. Can't guarantee that, though, as I'm best at abstact and geometric designs. I... well, I'll put it this way. Once I tried to make a cross-stitch bear. When I finished, one side looked normal but the other looked like he'd been melted slightly or perhaps was born with Downs Syndrome. I'm not sure have the guides in the plasticraft will help, but if I can organize* my crafting center again, then... Woo.

*It has lots of balls of yarn. The cats got into it when they were kittens. I still haven't sorted all the knots. One ball of yarn was all over and around everything on the porch like straight out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    All of these ideas are awesome!
    I especially love the calendar one.
    Hopefully by next year, I'll have money to spare (rather than being a parent-sponge), and shall be able to donate something less abstract than just love, support, and a whole lotta heart.

I look forward to it.

*wolfhug* Don't worry. We all do what we can. Every circumstance is individual - pay, housing cost, SO (or not), Kids and/or pets (or not), taxes, insurance, etc. None of our circumstances are the same, so we each do what we like, are suited for, and can afford because we want to help.

You could auction off Alicia thread stalking - they can stalk your threads or you'll stalk them for a week. I be a lot of folks would pay just to make sure you kept posting pics of your beautiful self!

P.S. Yeah, I just wanted to post that picture of Kakihara. Rawr!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ralph had a great idea over in Calvin's Corner.

Sign the site up for the affiliate program with amazon whereby the site gets a % of each sale direct from the site. We'd just click a link here to access amazon and then a percentage of our purchases would get credited to the site.

I know Horror Mall also has a similar program, and I'm sure theres other sites out there too.

It could be a year-round way to jump start the Fundraiser each year!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

that would be a great idea!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As you all probably know by now, Matt has the Amazon link all hooked up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2