Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Edgar Allan Poe *spoilers*

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, what a good thread. Poe was one of the first authors that I read myself after learning to read - of course, that was after Russian fairy-tales and "Science and Life" magazine
    The stories that left the most impression on me (for different reasons) were The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar (ack, scary and repulsive), The Gold Bug (cryptography is fascinating) and The Pit and the Pendulum (this one gave me nightmares - the feelings of helplessness and hopelessness are a terrible thing).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Oh, what a good thread. Poe was one of the first authors that I read myself after learning to read
    Twinners, yes... did you used to scare your friends by retelling his stories?...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, at that age it was too much for most kids. They were fine telling stories about 'black-black house on a black-black street' and the like. When it came to reading I was the only weirdo around
    Actually, come to think of it, I've never even mentioned to anyone that I was so young when I read Poe.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, I see... I never cease thanking Heaven for the friends I had

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Jean, you are very lucky to have like-minded friends. I wish I had such people around me when I was younger - it was hard to be different. I'm not disparaging my schoolmates - there were enough smart people among them, we just had different interests.

EDIT: Back on topic - I could never read The Black Cat, and probably never will, although I know the plot - the whole idea of doing harm to a cat makes me sick.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, that's why I never re-read it. Kids are tougher.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had several friends my age who were also bibliophile weirdos. Too bad they all lived inside books.

Country
    Country Flag

all of my friends have been able to find their way outside... too bad I never followed them

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

when i was in high school i did had to do a project about the guy, & it was interesting to learn about him. how much bad luck the guy had in his life. if memory serves me right. it's been eons so bear with me. i DO recall i got an A on it. & in that class it was a he he RARITY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2