Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Riding the Bullet - Lonely Roads Limited

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's gonna be a pricy few weeks for them. If mine is without a slipcase, too, then I will return mine as well.
    Last time they send me a book which needed to return (because the dustjacket was ripped), it cost 20 euro.

I did receive a full refund, with return-shipping-cost included (back then).

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    It's gonna be a pricy few weeks for them. If mine is without a slipcase, too, then I will return mine as well.
    Last time they send me a book which needed to return (because the dustjacket was ripped), it cost 20 euro.

I did receive a full refund, with return-shipping-cost included (back then).
    They did provide me with a pre-paid UPS return label.

Hey everyone!

My apologies for not posting the Amazon information here as well the other day! I didn't realize the question had been asked in this thread.

We emailed Amazon to let them know they're shipping less than perfect copies that are missing a key component, etc, for what that's worth. If someone just wants a copy to read, these would suit those purposes, but we certainly didn't send these copies to our distributor for Amazon to snag. I hope at least some of them made it to the libraries, which was our intention.

If you have any questions, just drop me a line.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got notice that my s/l and gift editions have shipped. Still waiting on the lettered (my first lettered!)

John

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    ...(my first lettered!)
    Awesome, congratulations! That is so cool to be one of only so few people in the world owning such a book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got word that my lettered edition has shipped!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Pics when it arrives?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All I have access to is a scanner and I doubt that will be large enough to do the book properly.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Nor would I put anything on the scanner besides the cover. Oh, well. I'll have to make do with the pics Brian posted on CD's webpage.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those guys at Lonely Road are almost as good as the CD guys!!!!! LOL

Gift Edition, ordered from Dave at The Overlook!! Handsome book!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*Out of Foreign Customs, December 23, 2010, 11:41 am, NETHERLANDS
    *Into Foreign Customs, December 08, 2010, 8:02 am, NETHERLANDS

Both my gift- and S/L editions - stuck for weeks!

No way they'll be here before Christmas!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    *Out of Foreign Customs, December 23, 2010, 11:41 am, NETHERLANDS
    *Into Foreign Customs, December 08, 2010, 8:02 am, NETHERLANDS

Both my gift- and S/L editions - stuck for weeks!

No way they'll be here before Christmas!

sk
    That sucks! Do all your incoming packages have to spend that long in Customs, or is this an unusual event?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some do, others for only a day (or two..).
    Oh well, next week for sure.
    Plus, my lettered is still in limbo...

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In my experience the only stuff that gets held up at Dutch customs are items which have a price on the package > €20 or something like that - you have to pay additional taxes for those. It can take weeks to reach you and you have to pay additional money. I absolutely hate it when that happens and I usually ask the seller to put a lower value on the package if possible.

Country
    Country Flag

True - I had to pay some € 30.00 for my gift and S/L editions. Hate to think what I'll have to pay extra once the lettered edition is here.
    Oh well, at least the wait is over - happy to have the books in my possession!

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked up the s/l edition of the book for $170 on eBay from Roy Robbins at Bad Moon Books. He still has one left. Issue price was $250.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking to sell a copy of the S/L as well. I can't go as low as Roy, so if anyone misses out on the remaining copy at $170, I would accept $225 for mine (#101).... still below issue price.

Traveler MarkHarrill is on a distinguished road

I got the last one. This seems like a better idea than keeping my gift edition that is on the way.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have an estimate of how many Advance Uncorrected Proof copies of RIDING THE BULLET were produced?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does anyone have an estimate of how many Advance Uncorrected Proof copies of RIDING THE BULLET were produced?
    I've heard fewer than 25. Of course, there's no good way of verifying this unless Brian advises otherwise.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard fewer than 25. Of course, there's no good way of verifying this unless Brian advises otherwise.

John
    That was what we were told initially. Then, after paying pretty high prices for the first available copies, they became readily available. Some sellers even offered them at Dutch auctions for $40 and had five or more copies to sell. I got burned on this one big time.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

John
    That was what we were told initially. Then, after paying pretty high prices for the first available copies, they became readily available. Some sellers even offered them at Dutch auctions for $40 and had five or more copies to sell. I got burned on this one big time.
    I know the number is small, my guess less than 70 but I've never heard less than 25. Somehow some sellers did receive extra copies but I think the number is still low.

Let me ask this.......I have one for sale for $63 (mint, bagged & boarded). Price includes insurance & shipping in the US. International will be at cost.

Am I ripping someone off with this price? I hope not, that was never my intention.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Due to the unusual nature of this project (reprint novella with script with extras), I only sent out review copies to a couple of the trade reviewers (Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, etc) and a few places that requested copies. I didn't do a big mailing to a lot of reviewers. But this ARC was part of a promotional offer where customers could order something and get the ARC as part of the deal. I'll have to try to find the invoice from our review copy printer and see how many there were. I don't think we sold a lot of the promo offer, but I do remember there was no limit on how many times you could purchase the deal and some people definitely stockpiled copies. Because this ARC was offered as part of a deal, a much higher percentage of copies than normal ended up directly in the hands of readers/collectors -- without a book reviewer or bookseller being an intermediary, as is often the case.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

John
    As did I.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Due to the unusual nature of this project (reprint novella with script with extras), I only sent out review copies to a couple of the trade reviewers (Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, etc) and a few places that requested copies. I didn't do a big mailing to a lot of reviewers. But this ARC was part of a promotional offer where customers could order something and get the ARC as part of the deal. I'll have to try to find the invoice from our review copy printer and see how many there were. I don't think we sold a lot of the promo offer, but I do remember there was no limit on how many times you could purchase the deal and some people definitely stockpiled copies. Because this ARC was offered as part of a deal, a much higher percentage of copies than normal ended up directly in the hands of readers/collectors -- without a book reviewer or bookseller being an intermediary, as is often the case.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Thank you for the background info. I missed that promo offer, most likely through oversight on my part.

Your small mailing to reviewers is likely the source of the speculation that fewer than 25 of these existed.

If you are able to confirm the overall figure, I'm sure a lot of us would be grateful.

Thanks again, Brian.
    - Patrick
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast