Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding the Bullet - Lonely Roads Limited

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Riding the Bullet - Lonely Roads Limited

I guess it's time for this one to have its own thread.

Here's a copy of the email I got yesterday morning:

Hi there!

We have IMPORTANT STEPHEN KING NEWS to share, so read this private email carefully! The signed editions will NOT last long!

You're receiving this email because you purchased a collectible book from Lonely Road Books in the past. Per Lonely Road's tradition, you are being offered first shot at their next book, which we expect to sellout VERY quickly. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH ANYONE. You're part of a select group of customers who are now the only people outside this office and the authors who know of this special edition!

The next Lonely Road Books project is a deluxe special edition of RIDING THE BULLET by Stephen King and Mick Garris. This oversized collectible hardcover will feature the complete text of King's original novella and Garris's screenplay, PLUS exclusive artwork by Bernie Wrightson, storyboards, photos from the set, production notes, hand-corrected script pages, and more from the "Director's Notebook" keep during the production.

This will be Stephen King's FIRST EVER "DOUBLE" style Limited Edition! Imagine the special edition of DARK FORCES, then cross it with the special edition of THE ARTHUR DARKNELL DOUBLE, and you'll get some idea of what Lonely Road is going to do here!

There will be three different states of this oversized collectible hardcover:

* Slipcased Gift Edition for $75
    * traycased Limited Edition signed by Garris and Wrightson for $250
    * traycased Lettered Edition signed by Garris, Wrightson, and STEPHEN KING for $750

Since you purchased a title from Lonely Road Books previously, you now have 24 hours to decide if you wish to purchase this one, too. After that, these copies will be sold to other collectors on a first come, first served basis and we do not expect the signed editions to last very long at all for the obvious reasons!

(PLEASE NOTE: Right now we are offering the Limited Edition for just $200 instead of the retail price of $250, but there is a strict limit of 2 copies per person! There is also a limit of ONE Lettered Edition per customer.)

**** Because this book has not been announced to the general public, here is the secret link to place your order for any of the three states while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_MINDY0509

There will be no text on that page, but you can just add the editions you want to your cart and then checkout like normal. Our office will do the rest!

(Please do not share this link with anyone else. Any orders from customers we have no personally contacted will be cancelled.)

Thanks, as always, for your continuing support!

~ Mindy

Cemetery Dance Publications
    132-B Industry Lane
    Unit #7
    Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]
    410-588-5904 [fax]

http://www.cemeterydance.com
    I may regret it, but I ordered one of each edition.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I guess it's time for this one to have its own thread.

Here's a copy of the email I got yesterday morning:

Hi there!

We have IMPORTANT STEPHEN KING NEWS to share, so read this private email carefully! The signed editions will NOT last long!

You're receiving this email because you purchased a collectible book from Lonely Road Books in the past. Per Lonely Road's tradition, you are being offered first shot at their next book, which we expect to sellout VERY quickly. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH ANYONE. You're part of a select group of customers who are now the only people outside this office and the authors who know of this special edition!

The next Lonely Road Books project is a deluxe special edition of RIDING THE BULLET by Stephen King and Mick Garris. This oversized collectible hardcover will feature the complete text of King's original novella and Garris's screenplay, PLUS exclusive artwork by Bernie Wrightson, storyboards, photos from the set, production notes, hand-corrected script pages, and more from the "Director's Notebook" keep during the production.

This will be Stephen King's FIRST EVER "DOUBLE" style Limited Edition! Imagine the special edition of DARK FORCES, then cross it with the special edition of THE ARTHUR DARKNELL DOUBLE, and you'll get some idea of what Lonely Road is going to do here!

There will be three different states of this oversized collectible hardcover:

* Slipcased Gift Edition for $75
    * traycased Limited Edition signed by Garris and Wrightson for $250
    * traycased Lettered Edition signed by Garris, Wrightson, and STEPHEN KING for $750

Since you purchased a title from Lonely Road Books previously, you now have 24 hours to decide if you wish to purchase this one, too. After that, these copies will be sold to other collectors on a first come, first served basis and we do not expect the signed editions to last very long at all for the obvious reasons!

(PLEASE NOTE: Right now we are offering the Limited Edition for just $200 instead of the retail price of $250, but there is a strict limit of 2 copies per person! There is also a limit of ONE Lettered Edition per customer.)

**** Because this book has not been announced to the general public, here is the secret link to place your order for any of the three states while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_MINDY0509

There will be no text on that page, but you can just add the editions you want to your cart and then checkout like normal. Our office will do the rest!

(Please do not share this link with anyone else. Any orders from customers we have no personally contacted will be cancelled.)

~ Mindy

132-B Industry Lane
    Unit #7
    Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]
    410-588-5904 [fax]

I may regret it, but I ordered one of each edition.

John
    I secured one of the Lettered. I'm excited about it

I'll wait on the Gift or S/L when it comes out.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a gift only. Thought about the limited, but didn't even consider the lettered - an additonal $500 just for SK's sig seemed a little steep.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

It does not say what the print run of the limited and the gift edition?. Does anyone know?.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Thanks for this J - I managed to get the signed edition. Lettered is a bit steep for a story I didnt even love... but you know us collectors!

HA!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    It does not say what the print run of the limited and the gift edition?. Does anyone know?.
    Not sure just yet. Everything in the past from Lonely Roads has been 300 or less on Limited and 26 on Lettered. At first I posted the lettered was a 52 print edition but after going through my notes, I'm not sure now. I hope it is 26.

Lonely Roads never printed a "Gift Edition" of any kind as far as I know. Not sure what that would be.

I'll try to get an official report from Brian.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$750 on loan-indefinitely, no thanks.

Traveler Aleister Crowley is on a distinguished road Aleister Crowley's Avatar

Oops
    Last edited by Aleister Crowley; 05-10-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: My bad . . . . not on topic . . . .

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish King would stop agreeing to do S/Ls for CD.

I actually like their books quite a bit, but it's the "indefinite loan" issue that RF mentioned above that has me annoyed.

I am passing on this one....completely.

$750 is just too much to pay.

And besides, I have deposited enough money into my 0% interest account at at The Bank of CD.

Still wating on my SoD2, Necon, and Legacies.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will never again "loan" money for a book to CD.

The only "CD" I will consider is the one at my bank. Six months at 3.21%.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you all are forgetting that this is a Lonely Road book (which has been fairly prompt in getting their books out) rather than a Cemetary Dance book. This is the ONLY reason I'm getting the lettered and paying on order. As I said in the original post above, I may regret this, though.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

There were 300 Limited Editions for Dark Forces, but the limitation had dropped to 200 for the next two books, and now 250 for the new Clegg book. All books have hadonly 26 Lettered Editions.

I would expect 300 Limited Editions and 26 Lettereds for the King book. That is one of the things Lonely Road is doing keeping the limitation small and creating a higher priced book, so they'll be collectible, not like the 1,500 copy Limited Edition that is a regular at CD. This is why they are doing a gift because the Limited and lettered's will not have enough copies for the King fans.

Also of note the first two books by Lonely Road took almost two years to make. But the third took about 6 months. They want to put out two books a year, which would make The Clegg and King book for the 2009 schedule. If it's not 2009, I wouldn't expect it to be much longer (under a year). This is a different business model than CD. But I'll admit I could be full of it. lol
    Geoff

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think it will be out pretty soon...

Like I said, I think Lonely Road is an attempt at re-branding CD, so they want to keep up their decent reputation...

I'm passing though...would be more interested if the story was one that excited me...but will probably be a neat s/l after it's all said and done.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'm passing though...would be more interested if the story was one that excited me...but will probably be a neat s/l after it's all said and done.
    That's what I am hoping...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously doubt the gift will sold out, so I'm waiting to order it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    They'll have copies for a long time, there are 3,000. Plus 500 Limiteds and 52 Lettereds.

Looking at this as a collector and Lonely Road as a high end publisher, which was it's original goal, I have to say Lonely Road sold out. By having 500 Limited and 52 Lettereds it reduces the collectibality of this title immensely, disregarding the ridiculous number of 3,000 gift editions. This book should have been published as a CD book, not a Lonely Roads book, as it does not follow the formula of a high-end book with a low print run for collectability, which has previously been it's purpose.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But would that many 3552 lemmings fork over the cash to CD with their growing reputation as a soon to be defunct publishing house?

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    They'll have copies for a long time, there are 3,000. Plus 500 Limiteds and 52 Lettereds.

Looking at this as a collector and Lonely Road as a high end publisher, which was it's original goal, I have to say Lonely Road sold out. By having 500 Limited and 52 Lettereds it reduces the collectibality of this title immensely, disregarding the ridiculous number of 3,000 gift editions. This book should have been published as a CD book, not a Lonely Roads book, as it does not follow the formula of a high-end book with a low print run for collectability, which has previously been it's purpose.
    That's CRAZY! I haven't sent my check yet...!

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think there was a King limited edition I could be less interested in than Secretary of Dreams. I was wrong. A book dedicated to a Z grade movie based on a C grade short story? Ugh.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered state, which was the only one signed, must be now sold out--it's no longer on the page.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, they were going to sell 52 of those...and that's where all the money is...$40K from just those books might pay the expenses of the entire run.

They don't care about the long-term collectability anyway...in the short term, they'll bring the money in from the lettered edition - but since it's taking a long time for Grant to sell out of the LSOE artist edition, I think the Gift Edition will be available for a loooong time.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    I didn't think there was a King limited edition I could be less interested in than Secretary of Dreams. I was wrong. A book dedicated to a Z grade movie based on a C grade short story? Ugh.
    I agree the movie was bad. However, the story struck a nerve due to my mom passing around the same time.

If I remember right, this was his first story after he got better from the accident. I think this dark story came from that accident along with many others he wrote.

JMO

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I may buy the Gift Edition after it is actually released. That's about as far as my interest goes given the prices and the lack of an SK sig on the limited edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My sentiments exactly Patrick. There is no need to fork over the money today.

We have, at the least, a couple of years to make that decision.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The latest:

Hi there!

We have IMPORTANT STEPHEN KING NEWS to share, so read this email carefully so you don't miss out. We will be sending a newsletter to our big mailing list (25K collectors) about this book later this week, but we wanted to let our current customers get a head start on placing their orders, especially for the signed Limited Edition, which is already selling very quickly!

Yesterday Lonely Road Books announced their next book, a deluxe special edition of RIDING THE BULLET by Stephen King and Mick Garris, which will be published later this year as a Slipcased Gift Edition, a Traycased Limited Edition signed by Mick Garris and Bernie Wrightson, and a Traycased Lettered Edition signed by King, Wrightson, and Garris!

This oversized collectible hardcover will feature the complete text of King's original novella and Garris's screenplay, PLUS exclusive artwork by Bernie Wrightson, storyboards, photos from the set, production notes, hand-corrected script pages, and more from the "Director's Notebook" kept during the movie's production.

*** COLLECTORS TAKE NOTE:
    This will be Stephen King's FIRST EVER "DOUBLE" style Limited Edition, and we expect collectors are really going to blown away by what Lonely Road Books has planned. Just imagine the special edition of DARK FORCES, then cross it with the special edition of THE ARTHUR DARKNELL DOUBLE, and you'll get some idea of what they're going to do.

*** SPECIAL $50 OFF COUPON OFFER TODAY AND TOMORROW ONLY:
    Right now we are offering the Limited Edition for just $200 instead of the retail price of $250. To get that discount, enter BULLET50 into the coupon code field on the payment page and then make sure you click the REDEEM COUPON button before continuing. The page should then reload and automatically reduce your total due. If you run into any problems, let me know.

*** HERE IS THE LINK TO PLACE YOUR ORDER AND TO READ ALL OF THE DETAILS ABOUT THIS VERY SPECIAL BOOK:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king40

~ Mindy

132-B Industry Lane
    Unit #7
    Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]
    410-588-5904 [fax]

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast