Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got my Barnes and Noble copy today. They had them at 20% off, from $24.99 to $19.99, plus tax. Not a bad deal. It's still in the shrinkwrap.

John
    John - I assume you went to your local BN? I only see the "regular" edition on their website.

I got my regular and amazon exclusive copies yesterday. Both were shrinkwrapped - which I like a lot.

Not sure about opening them though I did get an extra copy to read.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

<Resisting the mind control...>

I've already read the comics, so I'll just leave it in the shrinkwrap. Nothing new except the cover. I plan on getting the "regular" issue of the hardcover today, which I will also keep in the shrinkwrap. I'll be ordering the Amazon version soon.

John

My Mood
    Gay

I read the comics as well. To me, these are collections and what with the shrink wrap - I'll put them in my bookcase and admire them.

The "reading" copy I will open and share with my girlfriend, who missed a couple of the comics but LOVES the series. I guess I will head to BN today and pick up my copy of that exclusive. Wow, how odd to actually go into a store. I'm kind of an amazon-snob.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny--I feel the same way about going into a bookstore. When I went in yesterday, I asked the clerk behind the register about the book and she directed me to the Customer Service desk. The young lady there looked it up on the computer, then remembered she had just put them out--on the first table as you come in the store! If I'd looked around even a little bit, I'd have seen them!

John

My Mood
    Gay

I so am in touch with that !!!

I will have to remember to check the table today, before I ask.

I've sort of decided my Lee Bermejo amazon exclusives - I'm going to keep them in the wrap unless I see Lee signing at a comic-con. Then, I so will get a signature and have the cover framed. It's my absolute favorite and oy-the-brave just got the original!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just found this Barnes and Noble exclusive for online order. I was looking because the closest B&N to me is a 30 minute drive, not plausible in a Titan just for a book! I'm gonna order it, hopefully they send the correct edition.

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, you must be magic. I searched and sorted on every possible word and couldn't find it.

Thanks for posting the linkage.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also look on-line first, but couldn't find it. My mother is in a nursing home about 40 minutes from my home, and there's a Barnes and Noble right off the interstate on the way there, so I stopped there on my way to see my mom.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Weird. They have different prices for each version "regular" and "exclusive" - though they are both called Premium.

I think I'm going to do the drive-by and not risk ordering online and having them send me the wrong one.

My Mood
    Gay

WOW - anyone live near Arlington, Texas.

LEE BERMEJO is going to be a guest at Wizard World there November 7-9: http://www.wizardworld.com/leebermejo.html

I've been to WW in Philadelphia and it's a great Comic-con, so I imagine this one will be pretty impressive as well. Plus - what I wouldn't give for a LB autograph on my cover!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your welcome guys... I tried searching on the B&N site, but found luck just using google

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I think I'm going to do the drive-by
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I wonder what was the reasoning behind that nuclear hazard symbol being included in the background when the Crimson King was telling Roland of his conception?

Traveler Geomon is on a distinguished road Geomon's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

That wasn't a radiation hazard sign. That was a bio hazard sign.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my Amazon variant hardcover a few minutes ago.

I ordered the B&N version last night it came up on the website when I searched for "dark tower long road home"

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huh. I didn't even notice that.

It makes sense though.
    Spoiler:
    The Crimson King has had access to the old one's weapons. He's certainly used them in the past.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - just a quick heads up. I was able to go to Barnes and Noble tonight. I got my copies ( yeah, I got two ) of the BN exclusive Long Road Home... but, they were ONLY selling their exclusive cover. No copies of the "regular" cover was available.

Just thought I'd mention, incase someone was planning on going and getting both. At least at the one here in PA, just the exclusive is available live and in-person.

oy - please let us know if BN online sends the right one !

Oh, yeah, thanks for the heads-up, John - it was on the table out front.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the hardcover from B&N today and they did indeed send the variant cover that I ordered.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

And now a fourth edition is out:
    http://www.liljas-library.com/

Puhh, i wonder how many magazines and hardcovers that will be released of this DT comic.

My Mood
    Gay

Flipping are you kidding me?!?
    Another variant hard cover?!?
    Cripes!
    I mean, its bad enough I have to hunt for three versions of ever comic, now this!

Well, thanks for the info - I completely would have missed it. Off I go to Borders.

Oy - good deal. Glad they sent the right one!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dora bought me one of each at Boarders. I'm liking them.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Gay

Well I now have two of each.
    2 regular
    2 amazon exclusives
    2 borders exclusives
    2 barnes and nobles exclusives

I guess all the different covers is because they saw me coming

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is getting crazy. I will either pick up the Borders cover in Vegas or order one when I get back. The one cool thing is they have used the art on 2 of these that I have the originals.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone.
    Does anyone have a link to order the variant copy from Borders?
    I have the other three the regular Amazon and B&N.
    When I go the their site they only have the regular one.
    If they come out with another one they could have done a hardback for each of the 5 comics.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    This is getting crazy. I will either pick up the Borders cover in Vegas or order one when I get back. The one cool thing is they have used the art on 2 of these that I have the originals.
    Actually, that makes them VERY cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Does anyone have a link to order the variant copy from Borders?
    I have the other three the regular Amazon and B&N.
    When I go the their site they only have the regular one.
    If they come out with another one they could have done a hardback for each of the 5 comics.
    Sorry, I couldn't find one online and had to do another drive-by. They did have both their exclusive and the regular version though. Where as the B&N only had their exclusive available. Maybe someone else could find it though.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast