Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would actually like to respect John's wishes to not be spoiled and leave this thread for general disucussion (covers--variants, things like that)

I do not mind if there is a spoiler thread in here for each of the issues
    So, then maybe this thread should be changed to The Long Road Home (non-spoilers) and the one Erin made just for issue 1 chat should be changed to The Long Road Home (spoilers)?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's more what I had in mind, but, of course, I'll abide by whatever decision is made.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I switched the title to reflect this one's status you guys.

Spoilers are fine line, we do the best we can on them.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm being the weird one here, by the way, in that I'm waiting until all the issues are done before I read them. It takes a lot of will-power, and having to skip spoilers just aggravates the situation. It's me--not you all!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its okay John--we'll do our best to make it as right as possible for everyone.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it a lot. The problems I had with the first arc weren't present here. The giant eye inside the ball...I always thought it was hollow or at least solid glass. Ick.

One thing...does Eld die at the end of the story? Because that'd be pretty anticlimatic to be killed by a bunch of robots...and what's all this talk about the body in Sheemie's Dogan? Was this in DT7?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cyber it is the body he is tugging on on the 3rd and 2nd to last pages of the actual story in TLRH. Before the endstory of Eld.
    At least, that was what I was talking about.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Or are you just asking in general what was up with the body?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, you mean the guy with all the wires stuck into him? I thought that was a robot. Now I'm confused.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I did too at first. But looking at it again, I'm pretty sure it is a human.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I just read it again. It could be Arthur Eld, now that I think of it, although I'm not too crazy about the idea of robots killing him off. Ah, well...

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Neither am I. Nobody from the line of Eld should be killed by robots. Hopefully that is not the case....we'll have to wait at least a month to find out though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Neither am I. Nobody from the line of Eld should be killed by robots.
    Wouldn't mind seeing it happen to Mordred.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Too late! Roland already got him!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I think there is a lot more going on then the robots killing Arthur Eld.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I don't believe the robots will be responsible for it. Maybe responsible for a capture of some sort but not the death.

(where the blue f*ck did your sig go CK? i didn't give you permission to change it!)

Me too. I don't believe the robots will be responsible for it. Maybe responsible for a capture of some sort but not the death.

(where the blue f*ck did your sig go CK? i didn't give you permission to change it!)
    I think the power of the Red will be working through the robots to bring about the birth of Los. Just a guess.

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't we already get the background story about the birth of Los?
    Or you think these robots will somehow, someway be involved in the CQ visiting Arthur Eld and Gilead?
    Interesting idea but I'm not following it completely.

Didn't we already get the background story about the birth of Los?
    Or you think these robots will somehow, someway be involved in the CQ visiting Arthur Eld and Gilead?
    Interesting idea but I'm not following it completely.

Yeah, but did you notice that, we never saw Los getting born? In fact the spider child was chopped in half by the guards. So I'm wondering if this is the Crimson Queen working to give birth to her child, the same way Mia and Susannah gave birth to Mordred.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh! That's right! I forgot about that.
    Hmm, I can totally see that possibility. Nice one!

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I know I'm being the weird one here, by the way, in that I'm waiting until all the issues are done before I read them. It takes a lot of will-power, and having to skip spoilers just aggravates the situation. It's me--not you all!

John
    Memo to John (and to Storyslinger, as well):

If you're waiting for the full arc to be published and only reading the hardcover, you're missing half the story. So far, the hardcover neglects to print the prose pieces at the end of each comic issue (I don't know if the next one will do the same, but it probably will), dealing with various aspects of the history/mythology of Mid-World. This is a real shame, as those 3-5 page essays have been one of the more interesting parts of the series so far. Personally, I think Robin Furth's history lessons make picking up each monthly issue quite worthwhile; even if I were not determined to collect all the variants, I'd at least get the regular cover each month just for those. Some don't care for them and it's debatable whether or not they should be regarded as canon, but they are at least interesting and they add a further dimension to the story. They also add some literary meat to an all too brief comic book each month (there are more words in these stories than there are in the rest of the issue, I think). Just figured I ought to say it, as no one else here has; anyone waiting for the hardcover is missing half the story. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Go back and re-read the end-stories in the last arc. The CQ gives birth to Los soon after Arthur takes power- remember the original story of the Wizard's Rainbow? Queen Rowena's misfortune happens much later; by the time Arthur finds himself with the robots in the Dogan, some time after that, it has been many years since he was tricked by the CQ into fathering Los. Will either the spider-mommy or her spider-brat rear their ugly heads in this story at some point? Hopefully; it really would suck if the great Arthur was killed by a bunch of robots in some other world, with no one back home any the wiser. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say though, I love how the door said "The King"...gave me chills it did.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not waiting on the hardcover--I'm buying each issue as it comes out (along with the variants). I'm just waiting for the whole arc to be published until I read it. This is what I did with Gunslinger Born, too.

John

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Go back and re-read the end-stories in the last arc. The CQ gives birth to Los soon after Arthur takes power- remember the original story of the Wizard's Rainbow? Queen Rowena's misfortune happens much later; by the time Arthur finds himself with the robots in the Dogan, some time after that, it has been many years since he was tricked by the CQ into fathering Los. Will either the spider-mommy or her spider-brat rear their ugly heads in this story at some point? Hopefully; it really would suck if the great Arthur was killed by a bunch of robots in some other world, with no one back home any the wiser. . .
    Yeah, I went and checked and it says Los was born a year later. Its going to be interesting.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast