Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home

A monthly five-issue comic bookmini-series, a prequel spin-off of Stephen King's sci-fi western novel series of the same name, set to debut in February 2008.

It is the second of five such miniseries based on those novels, following the 2007 miniseries The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born. It will depict the title character of Roland Deschain as he returns to Gilead.

Whereas The Gunslinger Born was largely based off the events of Wizard and Glass, The Long Road Home showcases mostly new material not found in any of the prior books. It will be written and illustrated by the same creative team as The Gunslinger Born, which includes writers Robin Furth and Peter David, and illustrator Jae Lee.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit! That looks great!!

I had the bookmark on the site page but this needs to to there I believe.

Has anyone seen a quick synopsis that I could post with the picture?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, and Roland's crimson eyes may be an ominous foreboding, or I could be reading way too much into it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home is a monthly five-issuecomic bookmini-series, a prequel spin-off of Stephen King's sci-fi western novel series of the same name, set to debut in February 2008. It is the second of five such miniseries based on those novels, following the 2007 miniseries The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born. It will depict the title character of Roland Deschain as he returns to Gilead. Whereas The Gunslinger Born was largely based off the evens of Wizard and Glass, The Long Road Home showcases mostly new material not found in any of the prior books. It will be written and illustrated by the same creative team as The Gunslinger Born, which includes writers Robin Furth and Peter David, and illustrator Jae Lee.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Thank you Jerome.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope Cuthbert, Alain, and Sheemie are a bit more involved than that quote makes it sound.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That artwork is kind of spooky.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it is

I altered the first post in this thread and used it to establish the first block on the comics web page.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Awesome. One of the best artwork on a cover yet, up there with issue 2 even. Oh and the eyes look pink not crimson to me. Only about three months to go folk, we can do it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

AAAHHHHH!!!! Withdrawal! Withdrawal!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone take a good look at the bookmark (see other thread) for this arc? You can figure out whose charred remains Roland must be holding... I think they're going to bring home some of the horror that was missing from the artwork at the end of the first arc (as discussed in the issue #7 thread). Now I'm really looking forward to this arc.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I totally noticed that. Gross.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gross, yes, but in a totally cool Stephen King way.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yeah, that's a given.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome cover. I would also say those eyes are pink...grapefruit after all.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I made a thread over in the Gunslinger Comic forum in the SK.Com message board asking for clarification for the month of the release. It might ge approved sometime this week and actually get an answer next week...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Amazingly, I got a quick reply! Here you go -

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessMsMod
    Posted on: Nov. 26 2007,12:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It originally was scheduled to begin in February but I have sent an email to Marvel asking if they have a more up-to-date publication date that I can pass along and will get back to you when I hear back from them.

Another post from Ms Mod in the thread on SK.com -

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessMsMod
    Posted on: Nov. 26 2007,2:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My contact at Marvel informed me that they have not set a definite date for release as they would like to have more of the issues completed before doing so to make sure they do not have to change the announced date due to delivery delays.

So there you have it, they're definitely indefinite about it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that settles it then. Thanks for the clarification.

I think instead of saying February they should have said To Be Announced and then there's the "March" business out of the blue on the bookmarks and then say "we don't know".

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is clear as mud.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a case of CYA. In case they can't make the February date for some reason.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Sounds like a case of CYA. In case they can't make the February date for some reason.

John
    You got it.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome NEWS!!! I've already put my "comic dude" on notice to hold out copies for me. I love that it will be some original material. I can't WAIT!!!

Thanks, Crimson!

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast