Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Wait, I just realized you called me a whore All Hail....jerk!
    Its a compliment.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Not where I come from

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    like you, it could go both ways
    And like you.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

good comeback

Its actually not a comeback...more like a fact. Anyone can be bi

Bringing this back on topic...I like this cover the best of the series. Fantastic artwork.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It's awesome.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Christ, you'd think such a powerful, magical being could at least have conjured himself some decent abs! What; is he just so evil that he doesn't care, or is it just that no one has the nerve to tell him that he's let himself go? But on the other hand, he does eat human flesh, and people are a lot like pork (or so I've heard), quite fatty and full of cholesterol. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think once you are that evil and corrupt, you just don't give a shit about how society thinks you should look.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

:coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Spoilers for the Dark Tower: book 7.

I suppose the story involving
    Spoiler:
    the impregnation of Arthur's wife and the Spider demon child might be seen as spoilers for The Dark Tower in that similar events occur,
    but I think that's only really in hindsight of having read the books.
    Right. What looks like a spoiler to those of us who know the rest of the story won't mean anything to someone who's starting with the comics. They may, when they get to the books, have a better idea what's happening in certain subplots, but I can see how that would only increase the dread felt by such readers as they progress.

For instance:
    Spoiler:
    I remember finding Suzannah's late-night dining excursions kind of weird and somewhat disturbing, but I think that, if I'd had a better foreshadowing of the real nature of her pregnancy, it might've been scarier earlier (meaning in WotC rather than SoS).

Oh, almost forgot: Now that I have a better idea of its meaning, love that cover!
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

Anyone in their right mind would say no! Now, if the CK had offered to share the throne and rule of the multiple worlds as they were, that's a whole other can of tuna. But no one with the wits Gods gave a turnip is stupid enough to try ruling chaos (unless they are also arrogant beyond comprehension, as the CK clearly is); only a true fool would first wipe out all natural order, then attempt to reimpose it on one's own. Then again, the CK isn't showing much in the way of either common sense or good taste, going out in public looking like that- he really has let himself go! He really needs to lay off the fatty human flesh for a while, perhaps convert to a fish and cottage cheese diet. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Anyone in their right mind would say no! Now, if the CK had offered to share the throne and rule of the multiple worlds as they were, that's a whole other can of tuna. But no one with the wits Gods gave a turnip is stupid enough to try ruling chaos (unless they are also arrogant beyond comprehension, as the CK clearly is); only a true fool would first wipe out all natural order, then attempt to reimpose it on one's own.
    The folk of chaos is who the CK is born from. Before the Dark Tower came there was the Prim or Greater Discordia and thats what he wants to bring it back to. From his point of view it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Then again, the CK isn't showing much in the way of either common sense or good taste, going out in public looking like that- he really has let himself go! He really needs to lay off the fatty human flesh for a while, perhaps convert to a fish and cottage cheese diet. . .
    To each their own, but I think he looks awesome.

If you notice he just ate a huge meal, blood all over him especially on his mouth for instance...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had it for my wallpaper for less than a day before my dad changed it because he thought it was too gross.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    I had to digest this first issue and it has been growing on me. I think my biggest disappointment was with Jae Lee's art. The first run was just so clean and stunning. Perhaps he's 'dirtied' up his style a bit which seems to run with the mood of the comic. It's still great work.
    I felt the same. Theres too much detail in it almost.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what is this Dogan crap
    Spoiler:
    with the evil clones
    and whatnot? :blink: I mean damn, if we're gonna have
    Spoiler:
    evil clones
    , I want it in the main book series, with Evil Eddie Dean. Wouldn't THAT have been fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    what is this Dogan crap with the evil clones and whatnot? :blink: I mean damn, if we're gonna have evil clones, I want it in the main book series, with Evil Eddie Dean. Wouldn't THAT have been fun?

What is this Dogan crap? Its not crap its pretty damn cool and interesting, mother-fucker! And you don't need to put spoilers tags because this is a spoiler designated thread..

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I think the spoiler tags are pretty damn cool in their own right.

So there.

~moons the thread~

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I think the spoiler tags are pretty damn cool in their own right.

So there.

~moons the thread~

I love it when you talk rough, Ladysai.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That full moon shines very brightly! Just as well I'm wearing my sunglasses as I right this.

Not that I was looking or nothin'

Hello Ladysai.

Yeah, she's got a sweet ass. Dark Tower chics tend to...

Hello, Brainslinger! Good to hear from ya.

(now that 'sunglasses at night' song from the 80's is stuck in my head...)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cory Hart!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and read it cover to cover. Loved it! Especially the banter between Cuthbert and Alain on the bridge - that cracked me up.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast