Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslinger Born Discussion Thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The issue with the Guidebook is that it was bound wrong. The printer placed the back cover as the front and vice versa. They had to redo the entire production. My comic store told me there is no planned date of release but possibly as early as next week.

I got both variant covers at my store.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been ordering my copies thru eBay. There is a comic store about a block away from where I live but the two times I checked, they didn't even have TDT. Unbelievable! I tried to call them this morning to see if they were carrying #7 but apparently it is too much to expect for them to actually pick up the telephone and answer.
    Can't wait til I get #7!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yep, talk about a disappointment when I go to the local store where I buy them and NO Guidebook! Along with no explanation..thanks Wizardsrainbow!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to have to check with my guy at g-mart and see if I can get the guidebook when it comes out.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I went to my comics store today and got the #7 issues, but he did not have the Guidebook. Did anyone else get one today?

John
    so when you got issue #7, did you get the variants too?
    I got the 1:25 variant at the cover price ($3.99), but he said they hadn't gotten their 1:50 variants in yet. I'll go back in the next week or so and it should be in by then. He charges me about $10 for the sketch 1:50 variant. Hopefully, the Guidebook will be in then too.

I was able to pick up an extra copy of the #6 1:25 variant. Cost, if anyone is interested, is $10.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My store did not receive the Guide as it was misbound-per Wiz.
    My guy charges $60 cash-no tax for the 2 variants. I haven't gone there yet (38 miles away), but he says it will be a bit (weeks) before the guide comes out.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I went to my comics store today and got the #7 issues, but he did not have the Guidebook. Did anyone else get one today?

John
    so when you got issue #7, did you get the variants too?
    I got the 1:25 variant at the cover price ($3.99), but he said they hadn't gotten their 1:50 variants in yet. I'll go back in the next week or so and it should be in by then. He charges me about $10 for the sketch 1:50 variant. Hopefully, the Guidebook will be in then too.

I was able to pick up an extra copy of the #6 1:25 variant. Cost, if anyone is interested, is $10.

John
    I gotta check this stuff out when I get to the store

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

John
    Mine didn't have it either.

Curious to see if those error copies start turning up on Ebay. LOL!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I picked up issue #7 and also the 1:25 color variant ($10 as always) from my local store. I've got to get over to the store in the town where I work to pick up the 1:50 sketch variant (his prices vary every issue).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Today I picked up issue #7 and also the 1:25 color variant ($10 as always) from my local store. I've got to get over to the store in the town where I work to pick up the 1:50 sketch variant (his prices vary every issue).

Congrats man. Shall I alert the press?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would if I had it. But Matthew may be able to hook me up...
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This series is totally HOT in New York City. I have to get there early for any chance to get the variants. And each time I have gone, they are completely sold out of prior issues (and note that this is a big comic store!).

My variants have cost me $40 and $20 each time. But, then again, it IS NYC.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am glad to hear the series itself is so hot. That bodes very well for the future imo.

I visited three shops in Denver and they maybe had the current issue and one back plus misc stuff they were trying to get out the door. Didn't seem like there was a vast supply of anything back though

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Even my online guy is running out of the variants. I checked today and he's low on just about everything.

Glad I have mine on advance order.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that the issue is on the stands, I changed this thread name to match the other issues' thread names.

Carry on.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Prices on DT Comic Hardcover Edition

I can pre-order the comic series in hardcover from Amazon for $16.49. Anyone seen a better price anywhere? I'm tempted to get on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I can pre-order the comic series in hardcover from Amazon for $16.49. Anyone seen a better price anywhere? I'm tempted to get on the list.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL So that's good, then?

Yeah...don't you think so?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I do. Just looking for confirmation.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be getting mine from my local comics book store, thus keeping the relationship going. This is the same store that allows me to buy the 1:25 variants at cover price and the 1:50 variants for about $10.

John

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be getting mine from my local comics book store, thus keeping the relationship going. This is the same store that allows me to buy the 1:25 variants at cover price and the 1:50 variants for about $10.

John

Damn, I want that deal.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

I really enjoyed this series. Not sure I was so happy with the point they ended on, but....

Can't wait for the second arc. I'm just happy to have new DT stuff to look forward to.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here man, I haven't got a chance to read #7 but I am really looking forward to the "burning of Susan"

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    I really enjoyed this series. Not sure I was so happy with the point they ended on, but....

Can't wait for the second arc. I'm just happy to have new DT stuff to look forward to.

Ya me too! I think they should have went a little farther to what happened after that point.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast