Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    love that pot woofer, i dont think it could have been more confusing
    Is that a typo, or are you girls on the chronic?

Woofer, I knew that what you meant was that what you thought was the opposite of what the filmmakers wanted. I was clarifying why I agree with you, but also trying to shed a little more light on their reasoning, for candy and Coz.
    Chaos theory is the scientific school which holds that minute variations lead to drastic change, which is to say that a relatively minor incident can cause far-reaching changes. I'm not sure if all of it is true, but it is based on reason.
    Anyway, my point was that, while we may not know the specific reasons, the exact chain of cause and effect, that led to
    Spoiler:
    Sarek having a different personality in the new universe, it does make sense that that would lead directly to his son Spock having a different personality, too.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

whoops - my secrets out
    Spoiler:
    i type too fast for my laptop

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    love that pot woofer, i dont think it could have been more confusing
    Is that a typo, or are you girls on the chronic?

Woofer, I knew that what you meant was that what you thought was the opposite of what the filmmakers wanted. I was clarifying why I agree with you, but also trying to shed a little more light on their reasoning, for candy and Coz.
    Chaos theory is the scientific school which holds that minute variations lead to drastic change, which is to say that a relatively minor incident can cause far-reaching changes. I'm not sure if all of it is true, but it is based on reason.
    Anyway, my point was that, while we may not know the specific reasons, the exact chain of cause and effect, that led to
    Spoiler:
    Sarek having a different personality in the new universe, it does make sense that that would lead directly to his son Spock having a different personality, too.
    Very true. My best friend got her PhD in chaos theory - yes to your interpretation of it.

And yes to everything you said in your spoiler box.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

whoops - my secrets out
    Spoiler:
    i type too fast for my laptop
    I do the same thing. I can't stand slow software.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

DVD release announced for November 17th, 2009.

The 3 Disc Edition features :

Disc 1:
    Commentary—By director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.

NASA News— This BD-Live feature gives viewers access to the latest NASA news about real space exploration. Learn about new mission developments and check out featured imagery from around the universe.

Disc 2:
    To Boldly Go— Taking on the world’s most beloved science fiction franchise was no small mission. Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.
    Branching Pods:
    The Shatner Conundrum
    Red Shirt Guy
    The Green Girl
    Trekker Alert!

Casting— The producers knew their greatest task was finding the right cast to reprise these epic roles. The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters. The piece concludes with a moving tribute to Leonard Nimoy.

A New Vision— J.J. Abrams’ vision was not only to create a Star Trek that was a bigger, more action-packed spectacle but also to make the spectacle feel real. Every aspect of production—from unique locations to the use of classic Hollywood camera tricks—was guided by this overall objective.
    Branching Pods:
    Savage Pressure

Starships—Abrams and production designer Scott Chambliss were careful to pay tribute to the design of the original Enterprise, but they also wanted to make it futuristic and cool for a modern audience. This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the film’s starships.
    Branching Pods:
    Warp Explained
    Paint Job
    Bridge Construction Accelerated
    The Captain’s Chair
    Button Acting 101
    Shuttle Shuffle
    Narada Construction Accelerated

Aliens— Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.
    Branching Pods:
    The Alien Paradox
    Big-Eyed Girl
    Big Bro Quinto
    Klingons
    Drakoulias Anatomy 101

Planets— From the frozen landscape of Delta Vega to the desert plains of Vulcan, Scott Chambliss and the art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams’ desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.
    Branching Pods:
    Extra Business
    Confidentiality

Props and Costumes— Property master Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to today’s technology. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to what came before yet were relevant and timeless.
    Branching Pods:
    Klingon Wardrobe

Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek— When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original “Star Trek” series. Burtt jumped at the opportunity to pay tribute to the sounds that sparked his career with the sounds he created for the new Star Trek.

Score— As a fan of the original series, composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage’s celebrated theme.

Gene Roddenberry’s Vision— J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
    Spock Birth
    Klingons Take Over Narada
    Young Kirk, Johnny and Uncle Frank
    Amanda and Sarek Argue After Spock Fights
    Prison Interrogation and Breakout
    Sarek Gets Amanda
    Dorm Room and Kobayashi Maru (original version)
    Kirk Apologizes to the Green Girl
    Sarek Sees Spock

Starfleet Vessel Simulator—Explore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups, review detailed tech information and even launch weapon simulations.

Gag Reel— Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast.

Disc 3:
    Digital Copy
    STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for XBOX 360
    Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PC
    Weblink to the STAR TREK D-A-C Free Trial Game for PlayStation Network

turtlex comments - Okay, every time I see "Narada" I am reading "Narnia"... makes for a whole different movie.

Of all this, I'm looking forward to the stuff with Ben Burtt the most. I think he's just amazing and have admired him since his Star Wars days.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

New Amazon exclusive edition with collectible has been released :

Super cool.

Details on the ship :
    The U.S.S. Enterprise Commemorative Replica is modeled directly from the digital effects files used in Star Trek (2009). Hand cast in solid metal, the replica incorporates chrome, textured steel and pewter finishes to create a collectible of unsurpassed detail and elegance. From the delta command badge base to the tip of each nacelle, not a drop of plastic was used in the construction of this substantial piece. Each ship is crafted by the artisans of Quantum Mechanix Inc. (QMx), a boutique collectibles maker. The U.S.S. Enterprise Commemorative Replica was created exclusively for Amazon.com to celebrate the maiden voyage of Starfleet's newest flagship, and is available in a limited edition of only 5,000 ships. Each replica comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by QMx and Industrial Light & Magic's Roger Guyett, Visual Effects Supervisor.

• Model directly from the digital effects files used in Star Trek (2009)
    • Made of solid metal with chrome, textured steel and pewter finishes
    • 8.5 inches long and weighing over a pound
    • Limited Edition of 5,000
    • Comes with Certificate of Authenticity

The BluRay is a hundred dollars at amazon.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Love me some Zachary Quinto. Just watched it last night (also saw it in the movies) still a great flick! Blown away again!

Will have to watch it again with Hubby this weekend.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Worried

Mr. Woofer finally saw it, so I got to see it again.

My Mood
    Gay

No surprise but I ordered the collectors edition with the ship.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i suppose its pointless asking for pics?

edit ;- of you with the ship?

My Mood
    Gay

candy - When the ship gets here, I'll take pics of that... solo !!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I got the 2 disc special edition *sighs* I it so much...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://trekmovie.com/2016/07/08/romu...r-trek-beyond/
    Here’s a marketing partnership done right: Enterprise Rent-A-Car has released their first commercial featuring their Star Trek partnership, and it’s perfect.

In the ad, employees beam up, offer the Starship Enterprise for rental (and get asked about mileage), practice their Klingon, and “yes” the Vulcans over the phone. One of them even walks into a cloaked ship. Ouch! (“Sheila, you HAVE to turn off the cloaking device”!)

The ad is called “Business Is Going Boldly,” and features the phrase “Until We Can Beam You Up, We’ll Pick You Up.” In additional to commercials, you’ll see signage with the slogan on it on airport shuttles in NYC and Philadelphia, plus various other locations.

We have to give them credit for this one. We’ve seen some terrible ads from Rocket Mortgage, which include an unfortunate shot of a Vulcan handing over his dirty laundry to his wife, and a more creative ad from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, focusing on new technology. But Enterprise Rent-A-Car wins for being the most creative as well as the funniest.

Watch the clip below, and let us know what you think. Pick-up in the Beta Quadrant!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of Star Trek so I'm finally going out to see Star Trek Beyond!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of Star Trek so I'm finally going out to see Star Trek Beyond!
    LOL Where? It's on DVD Tuesday.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

It's playing at my local theaters still.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like today is actually the last day it will be in theaters.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you then. I missed it and have to wait until Tuesday.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure why you think it's out on Tuesday. I just checked Amazon and there is no date listed. It would be a very quick turnaround as it came out July 22.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, you're right. Civil War comes out Tuesday. No date for Beyond as yet.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I would highly recommend seeing it tonight if it's still playing around you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been gone here for two weeks. I hesitated and blam!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

What did they replace it with? I know it wasn't doing real brisk business nationally, but few movies are this year. Seems like not holding out at least until the anniversary was a waste of free marketing.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    What did they replace it with? I know it wasn't doing real brisk business nationally, but few movies are this year. Seems like not holding out at least until the anniversary was a waste of free marketing.
    Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got nothing to say in this thread, but it's the first time I've seen you in years!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast