Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Typos, Bloopers and Artwork Mistakes.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Ruthful. How about I be as critical as I like and you just deal with it?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit you guys, I looked in my copy at home and his fingers are totally gone. Its like...prominent in the picture.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

*cue Outer Limits theme*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    He simply reached into his growbag and replaced the missing digits while fishing out two loosies.

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Holy shit you guys, I looked in my copy at home and his fingers are totally gone. Its like...prominent in the picture.

Okay.
    Now I am absolutely confused.
    Do you really see that?
    I am holding the books in my hand and altought I am not a doctor (where is a doctor???) for my eyes it's impossible that those two fingers are his pinky and ring.

Roland would have understood.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

So I looked at the crystal clear picture in the book when I got home last night and I am more convinced than ever that I am looking at Roland's first two fingers on his right hand. If that area is supposed to be anything other than the webbing between index finger and thumb than Whelan needs a little more training and I know he doesn't. What I mean is, if it's a normal hand it's perfectly drawn, but if it's supposed to represent Roland's injury the shading and the size are off completely.

Also, and this is just a practical question for those of you who feel this could be the injured Roland... why would he put a smoke between his ring finger and pinkie in his bad hand when he could more easily use his whole left hand to smoke with? I know he's Roland of Gilead and he could do more with the two fingers on the useless hand than I can with all ten, but still, he was nothing if not pragmatic, and it seems to me as if he could make the left the dominant hand for shooting he could make it that way for smoking too.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The image is so clearly a stump with only the last two remaining there is no question.

Seriously, everyone please have a look. I may need to scan and bring it forward somehow because there are only two fingers plus a thumb on that hand. Why he would smoke in it, I have no idea but there it is.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well - as a version - I'm a smoker with 27-year experience, and I'd rather smoke with the help of the hand I always smoke with even if it was injured, than with the other. Smokers have rituals, without which it just doesn't taste as delicious.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:The image is so clearly a stump with only the last two remaining there is no question.

Seriously, everyone please have a look. I may need to scan and bring it forward somehow because there are only two fingers plus a thumb on that hand.
    You seem awfully positive there Matt. I agree that there are only two fingers visible, as from the angle the other two would be hidden. I have studied this picture I'm sure as closely as you have, and while I still cannot say with the certainty that you apparently can, it sure as hell looks like a drawing of a normal hand which connects directly from thumb to index finger. I see no evidence of stump, scarring, et al that would be there if this picture represented injured Roland. Like I said, if that is supposed to represent Roland's injury, Whelan needs a brush-up course on size and perspective because an injury which robbed a hand of its first two fingers would take up a larger portion of his hand and leave a more visible wound, healed or not. We can agree to disagree, but to my eyes that will never be anything other than a miraculously healed Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    well - as a version - I'm a smoker with 27-year experience, and I'd rather smoke with the help of the hand I always smoke with even if it was injured, than with the other. Smokers have rituals, without which it just doesn't taste as delicious.
    Yes, but on the other hand [pun intended], if Roland continued smoking with the right hand after the injury, this would have second-hand smoke basically consuming the injury the whole time he wasn't actively taking a drag. Smoke into an open wound, that's not particularly sanitary, and I don't know that they stole enough 'cheflet' to help if he got that thing more infected. lol

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I looked at it last night and I'm still not convinced, it just seems like Mr. Whelan made a boo-boo and thats okay, he's still my favorite Dark Tower artist by far.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I looked at it last night and I'm still not convinced, it just seems like Mr. Whelan made a boo-boo and thats okay, he's still my favorite Dark Tower artist by far.
    No doubt Whelan is still the best. His representations of Oy [particularly of Oy at Jake's feet helping defend the door below the Dixie Pig] are spectacular. His drawing of Roland carrying Jake to his burial spot chokes me up everytime I see it.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    :The image is so clearly a stump with only the last two remaining there is no question.

Seriously, everyone please have a look. I may need to scan and bring it forward somehow because there are only two fingers plus a thumb on that hand.
    You seem awfully positive there Matt. I agree that there are only two fingers visible, as from the angle the other two would be hidden. I have studied this picture I'm sure as closely as you have, and while I still cannot say with the certainty that you apparently can, it sure as hell looks like a drawing of a normal hand which connects directly from thumb to index finger. I see no evidence of stump, scarring, et al that would be there if this picture represented injured Roland. Like I said, if that is supposed to represent Roland's injury, Whelan needs a brush-up course on size and perspective because an injury which robbed a hand of its first two fingers would take up a larger portion of his hand and leave a more visible wound, healed or not. We can agree to disagree, but to my eyes that will never be anything other than a miraculously healed Roland.
    Yes, agreeing to disagree is what makes this so cool

As for me, I can actually see the horrific scar lump where his fingers used to be. Right between the thumb and the first finger you can see (3rd). Smoke between that one and the pinky.

The hand (on close inspection) looks very mangled to me--post healing, but mangled for sure.

And we also must consider Michael Whelan himself. Obviously a professional and I have always had a hard time believing someone that entrenched in the story--on a paid job that is his livelihood, could possibly make that kind of mistake.

However, I would still say it was so if the evidence was not right there in front of me. Only two fingers and a thumb on that hand

Yeah, Matt, we'll just have to agree to agree that you're wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Yeah, Matt, we'll just have to agree to agree that you're wrong...
    I can agree with that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we'll see when a few more people have a chance to look at it.

Matthew has an axe to grind and R of D is the one that brought it up, conflict of interest.

... R of D is the one that brought it up,
    R_of_G, not D, as in R[oland]_of_G[ilead]

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang! I had been so good about not screwing that up.

Lucky I am not typing R and D witch is something you put on a baby's bottom to prevent rash. My daughter bought a tub and it brought back weird memories.

Sorry about that Ro

Yeah, we'll see when a few more people have a chance to look at it.

Matthew has an axe to grind and R of D is the one that brought it up, conflict of interest.
    I've already ground all my axes..nice and sharp too, just like they need to be.

Dang! I had been so good about not screwing that up.

Lucky I am not typing R and D witch is something you put on a baby's bottom to prevent rash. My daughter bought a tub and it brought back weird memories.

Sorry about that Ro
    Get on your knees and cry my pardon!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets see...that'll happen

Okay, this is getting kinky..

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad I am totally right.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, that's wrong as hell.

Now I will have to start a vote.

'Cause, you know, a vote proves something beyond a majority opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast