Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Typos, Bloopers and Artwork Mistakes.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

First two of his right hand(index and middle)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Index and middle?????
    In this case this pic really has a damn big mistake... damn...
    So it's not Roland but someone who is very similar to him.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

His twinner

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

doesn't anyone have a bigger picture? Can it be that he is holding the cigarette between the ring finger and the pinkie, and that shadow is the stumps? (not that I really believe that, though)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I keep the book in my hand and... no... I wish I could say yes.
    From this angle we should see what left from his index and middle fingers but we can see just one beautiful healthy finger.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    doesn't anyone have a bigger picture? Can it be that he is holding the cigarette between the ring finger and the pinkie, and that shadow is the stumps? (not that I really believe that, though)
    My eyes are pretty good [not quite Roland of Gilead good, but I do have 20-15 vision, so better than normal], and I can say pretty confidently that that picture represents the index and middle fingers. Take a look at the thumb first and follow that up and to the left and you will see that the outside of the palm is complete and joins the thumb in a way that could only make those fingers be the index and middle.

Country
    Country Flag

R_of_G... you have just opened in front of us such a door... such a door...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a visual idiot - I can't recognize things I see before I verbalize them, and even then can never be sure - so I will just trust those who can see.

Country
    Country Flag

I must say Jean, in the book it's clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I am a visual idiot - I can't recognize things I see before I verbalize them, and even then can never be sure - so I will just trust those who can see.
    Jean, I think when you have a chance to sit down and take another look at the illustration in it's book form [ie. where you can hold it right up to your face if you need to] it will be a little easier to tell. If not, trust me, I've studied this picture too long and hard. I'm an artist, so I have a bit of an hyper-developed eye for detail. It's a blessing and a curse.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It's a blessing and a curse.
    But now you are here with us and now you are not alone anymore. We all are shocked.

Country
    Country Flag

R_of_G: yes, that's what I meant! I can't tell a hand from a foot going by the way they look, so from now on I'll take your word on anything visual!

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    But now you are here with us and now you are not alone anymore. We all are shocked.
    Yes, at least here the things I am a nerd about are things people care about.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure you guys, to me, it looks like he is holding it in the last fingers and there is a stump between thumb and smoke
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm not sure you guys, to me, it looks like he is holding it in the last fingers and there is a stump between thumb and smoke
    I'd never say I was completely positive unless I could see the original full size illustration Whelan submitted, so I will say it is within the realm of possibility that you are correct Matt [see, like Roland I am a bit of a diplomat], but my eyes are typically correct, and from an art-critic point of view, if that area between the cig-holding finger and the thumb was supposed to be Roland's injury, it should be a lot bigger and bloodier than that [given his lack of ability to properly clean and bandage the wound at all times]. Also, you ever try smoking a cigarette from between your ring finger and pinky? Now that's a good party trick!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can agree on that but Roland is highly adaptable. Also, I believe the wound itself would be basically healed at this point in the story wouldn't it? I know time is soft but there were at least a bunch of months in between the event and this scene?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"Healed" yeah, but not grown fingers back.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I mean, it looks like a stump to me with only the last two fingers holding a the smoke.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Snot to me..I'll have to look again.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

He simply reached into his growbag and replaced the missing digits while fishing out two loosies.

Problem solved!

The more I look at it the more I can see that it could go either way.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I find the illustrations in DT-7 to be amazing, however there is one aspect of one of them which continues to bother me every time I see it. The picture is the one of Roland, Jake and Oy looking out over Algul Siento while still planning their assault. The picture is stunning, with one exception... in the picture, Roland has ten fingers!!! It gets me every time.

Damn, I'll have to check that out.

Spencer my man, you need to read through the thread..I believe someone posted the picture on the second page..

Traveler robotechlu is on a distinguished road robotechlu's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thats what i see 2 sorta but im not sure

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you all need to be less hypercritical.

I mean, he didn't turn Susannah into an Asian chick, or add an extra human head to one of the taheens.

And even if he did, wouldn't that be his prerogative under artistic license?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast