Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Typos, Bloopers and Artwork Mistakes.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just really glad they didn't attempt to use some of that stuff for the comics. Its god awful in some instances
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In DTVII there is a picture of Eddie at the end of a chapter.

Major spoiler alert:
    Spoiler:
    The picture shows him clutching his left hand over his left eye. He was shot in his RIGHT eye.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

grrr. that really annoyed me too. how could that be messed up? How could that not have be catched?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Or caught even??
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

blast you all hail and your grammar catching.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Good catch!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank God I am very bad at noticing mistakes. It can be a book or anything else... my mind jumps over them. Sometimes it can be good... and very bad as well.
    It's good because such things can't bug me.

Roland would have understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Thank God I am very bad at noticing mistakes. It can be a book or anything else... my mind jumps over them. Sometimes it can be good... and very bad as well.
    It's good because such things can't bug me.
    Same here. I usually catch them but when I love something as much as the Dark Tower series then I just ignore them. Why let it bother you?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Default Illustration in DT-7 that irks me [spoiler warning]

I find the illustrations in DT-7 to be amazing, however there is one aspect of one of them which continues to bother me every time I see it. The picture is the one of Roland, Jake and Oy looking out over Algul Siento while still planning their assault. The picture is stunning, with one exception... in the picture, Roland has ten fingers!!! It gets me every time.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*runs to look*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

holy shit. i never noticed that.

goddamn inconsistency.

It makes me sad because otherwise it's such an amazing illustration.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to need to go home and look at it. I know people thought Susannah's legs were shown in one but on closer inspection, she had no legs.

I don't remember this particular one but it could be just a flat mistake.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Man and I (use to) pride my self as observant! Good catch!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You have eyes as sharp as Roland's, meng.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Than perhaps you caught this one... there is an issue I have with two illustrations in The Waste Lands. They are (1) the illustration of Eddie at the far end of the field of roses looking at the Tower, and (2) the illustration of Jake's drawing from Dutch Hill to Mid-World. What bothers me about these drawings is the presence of Jake's Piper uniform in one of them and its absence in the other. The illustration of Eddie is supposed to represent Eddie's vision of the Tower from his dreams. In these dreams it is he who is wearing Jake's uniform. When this dream is illustrated he is in his Eddie clothes. This isn't too big of a deal until the illustration of Jake's drawing. In this illustration, Jake IS wearing the uniform though he was not wearing it the morning he left home hoping to end up back in Mid-World. Small details, but they don't go unnoticed.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this the Grant hardcover edition? Because in mine you can only see seven of his fingers-three of them fully, the other four partially.

If he were giving Jake a high-five on both hands-and you could clearly distinguish each finger-that would be one thing, but I don't think you can tell if he has ten complete fingers simply by looking at that illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Is this the Grant hardcover edition?
    I am not sure because I am not at home right now to check which edition it is, but it is the hardcover, so perhaps. I will double-check this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    ...but I don't think you can tell if he has ten complete fingers simply by looking at that illustration.
    I do have that illustration on my laptop [as well as most of the others] and from what I see, you are correct in that you do not see all 10 fingers. However, what you DEFINITELY see in that picture is that he has the index and middle fingers on his right hand [in the picture he is holding a cigarette between them], and, as you know, these two fingers were lobstrosity food long before this scene, so the picture is inaccurate.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Than perhaps you caught this one... there is an issue I have with two illustrations in The Waste Lands. They are (1) the illustration of Eddie at the far end of the field of roses looking at the Tower, and (2) the illustration of Jake's drawing from Dutch Hill to Mid-World. What bothers me about these drawings is the presence of Jake's Piper uniform in one of them and its absence in the other. The illustration of Eddie is supposed to represent Eddie's vision of the Tower from his dreams. In these dreams it is he who is wearing Jake's uniform. When this dream is illustrated he is in his Eddie clothes. This isn't too big of a deal until the illustration of Jake's drawing. In this illustration, Jake IS wearing the uniform though he was not wearing it the morning he left home hoping to end up back in Mid-World. Small details, but they don't go unnoticed.
    You get an A+ for the day.

[Places star-stamp on R of G's paper]

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

You get an A+ for the day.

[Places star-stamp on R of G's paper]
    I remembered the face of my father.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...

Yes, well that would require another wholly implausible explanation.

Hopefully this will be corrected in a future revised version of The Dark Tower where we find out what happened to Dennis and Thomas.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to get home now and check my copy of DT 7. I can't believe I missesd something like that! Great catch, R of G!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, we are talking about this pic, aren't we?
    I can't see all of his fingers but my eyes aren't too good...

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Guys, we are talking about this pic, aren't we?
    I can't see all of his fingers but my eyes aren't too good...

Yes, Letti, that's the one. What's important to note is that you should be able to clearly see the cig between the first two fingers on Roland's right hand, fingers that should be long gone by this point. Perhaps had this been later on in the book we could speculate that Patrick drew Roland some new fingers, but this is too early in the story for that.

Country
    Country Flag

Which fingers did he lose?
    Shame on me I don't know. Forgive me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast