Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Typos, Bloopers and Artwork Mistakes.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Annoying things in DTVII

1. Roland still "fans the trigger". That's not how a gun works. You fan the hammer.
    2. The artwork for the gathering in the compound after the attack on the guards which shows the Ka'tet together appears in the book after Eddie is shot. It should be immediately after they gather.
    3. Whelan's drawing at the end of the chapter after Ediie is shot shows Eddie with his hand over his LEFT eyebrow. The book says the gunshot entered over Eddie's right eye.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    1. Roland still "fans the trigger". That's not how a gun works. You fan the hammer.
    2. The artwork for the gathering in the compound after the attack on the guards which shows the Ka'tet together appears in the book after Eddie is shot. It should be immediately after they gather.
    3. Whelan's drawing at the end of the chapter after Ediie is shot shows Eddie with his hand over his LEFT eyebrow. The book says the gunshot entered over Eddie's right eye.
    King has NEVER gotten guns right and seems not to care to try. Look at Drawing of the Three where he talks about the massive recoil of an M-16! I've shot an AR-15 which there is barely any difference between the two and you can hardly feel a thing.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I actually made a comment to Robert about that one. LOL He thinks that maybe the image got reversed.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default DT Typos, Bloopers and Artwork Mistakes.

Anybody else come across the omni-present typos while reading the series?

I dont remember exactly which books to find these at, but at one point, King goes on to describe how Roland's right hand is practically useless without the first two fingers...and then he talks about Roland's 60% percent reduction...er, make up your mind?

And I'm 110% positive that somewhere in the middle of W&G there's a 'Ronald' in there somewhere

What else you guys got?
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 01-01-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book I talks about Roland's parents and somewhere a gender switch occurs.

Fanning the trigger.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean gender switch?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

King has NEVER gotten guns right and seems not to care to try. Look at Drawing of the Three where he talks about the massive recoil of an M-16! I've shot an AR-15 which there is barely any difference between the two and you can hardly feel a thing.
    You do know that guns are constantly upgraded and a similar model from twenty+ years ago and would probably have a lot more recoil. Recoild also depends on experience with a gun and strength. A gun will move around a lot more for someone who is not apt for firing them. They now have a portable howitzer with zero recoil, computer chips etc.

A guy I worked with shooting an M-16 one weekend (saw video of it) and his face was all bruised from the gun bouncing back and hitting him in the face.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I actually made a comment to Robert about that one. LOL He thinks that maybe the image got reversed.
    it's awesome that you actually said something about that K.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

You do know that guns are constantly upgraded and a similar model from twenty+ years ago and would probably have a lot more recoil. Recoild also depends on experience with a gun and strength. A gun will move around a lot more for someone who is not apt for firing them. They now have a portable howitzer with zero recoil, computer chips etc.

A guy I worked with shooting an M-16 one weekend (saw video of it) and his face was all bruised from the gun bouncing back and hitting him in the face.
    The M-16 is called a recoilless rifle for a reason. It was designed to have hardly any recoil. It hasn't changed between now and then and certainly not in 1986-1987 when King was writing Drawing of the Three. Also the recoil of any gun does NOT depend on the experience with the gun. How you handle the recoil does. I've shot a lot of guns and several different AR-15s various years apart in manufacture and their recoil doesn't change.
    King has never known guns or made any attempt to. Him making some guy firing an M-16 out like he was firing an Thompson gun which from all accounts DOES have a big recoil especially the 45 cal ones, was just another example of it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe Roland's father starts singing to him, and in the next sentence it talks about SHE is singing to him.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Roland's Father and Mother were together in the room and, while Roland watched, suddenly merged into one androgenous being, at different points singing like Gabrielle and another Steven. Its why Roland became the way he did.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by tamez View Post
    it's awesome that you actually said something about that K.
    it bugged me!! lol
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Ediie is right handed, and the image has him with the gun in his right hand.
    I think it is just a screwup on Whelan's part.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, like the screw up the WotC artist made making Susannah white

Don't even get me started on the WOTC "artwork" *ralf*

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Art Work Mistakes and Annoyances

You know this first softcover of The Wolves of the Calla bothered me big time when it first came out. Why is the gun on his right hip? We all know Roland stopped wearing the gun on his right side in DotT. I feel that if you are lucky enough and talented enough to get to draw/paint the cover of one of the dark tower books you wouldn't have overlooked over something that major. AND how did it even get printed in the first place? How did no one catch it or care to catch the mistake?

any other mistakes or annoyances?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are, of course, assuming that the picture is Roland. I noticed that too but I just played it off that it was of Eddie.

They should have used this cover. This is the only Wolves cover I've seen that is actually good.

Overall King's art choice for Wolves was poor. Bernie Wrightson's stuff is just awful.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    We are, of course, assuming that the picture is Roland. I noticed that too but I just played it off that it was of Eddie.

You know it looks as if the artist was trying to show you that the fingers were missing on the right hand and so saying that it is roland.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    They should have used this cover. This is the only Wolves cover I've seen that is actually good.

Yes, I too like this cover much better.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Normally I wouldn't care but this is the Dark Tower series, my favorite books and VERY important to me.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

You know it looks as if the artist was trying to show you that the fingers were missing on the right hand and so saying that it is roland.
    I totally never noticed that before...it does look like the fingers are missing. Good call!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Overall King's art choice for Wolves was poor. Bernie Wrightson's stuff is just awful.
    Amen, brother!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Like, Jakes hair being the wrong color in The Wastelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Like, Jakes hair being the wrong color in The Wastelands?
    Yeah, but the artworks quality itself was very high. The artwork in the Wastelands is up there in the top three of the series for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast