Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: HOW TO: Keep track of your books

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

excel...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Jerome

I think your selection list is good. John's additional ideas are good too.

I use a program called Book Collectorz purchased from collectorz.com

As seen in the picture below, I like it because it allows me to add pictures to my database. The program backbone....Microsoft Access. It also allows me to use over 70 canned fields or add my own custom named fields.

The price for the program???? I think was around $25. I used to use Excel, but I really liked the format of this software.

Again, excellent list Jerome. I love your field "shelf location". Just had to laugh at that. Shelf 3 (located not in room 1, 2 or 3, but in room 4). I think Bob may need this feature added to his database...haha

Mulleins
    I am considering buying it (the pro version, as it seems to allows more customization)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

This message is from october. I still plan to do it. I'll be testing the trial version first, then probably buy the pro version.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

You could check shelfproud.com, it's free

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How to keep track of your books:

Mail them all to me!

[/thread]
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmtarantino View Post
    You could check shelfproud.com, it's free
    There are MANY, MANY, MANY online services. ie : goodreads, booknote, babelio (french)...
    And collectorz.com have their own online service. But i spent 5mins there and had a few online errors and dont seem to be giving as much customisation as the software.
    There i dont think i'll be using their online version, but i am likely to continue with the software (which i tried so far, i am quite happy with it... although their UX could be improved).
    Still plenty books to enter into it!

shelfproud.com : they only have 47 "likes" on their facebook page, while collectors have over 30,000. To me that shows that shelfproud online presence is not that great, and who knows if they are not going to close it one day?

What do i see on the homepage of their website?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Ari one of the admins for Shelfproud?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler remyzaguan is on a distinguished road

Livin' in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you guys for turning me on to ShelfProud! It's awesome. I just started on it and I'm loving it!

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After six years I'm wondering if anyone has an update as to what you are using to track your books.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a collectorz account yesterday.....so busy now.....
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which collectorz account did you choose? mobile app, desktop software or web app?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mobile app. Easier and cheaper, I use my Ipad for everything
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppygoblin was working on an iPhone app, but I believe it's on the back burner.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I know my collection by heart pretty much. Cataloging it for insurance purpose if needed and if something happened to me before the wife, she has an idea what is what and value
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    ... if something happened to me before the wife, she has an idea what is what and value

Same reason here. Come to think of it. It was the her idea... Hmmm.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bookcases.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read through this thread. I developed an access file to keep track of mine, but wanted to compare some of these others as well. I see one that was mentioned back around 2011 or 2012, shelfproud.com is no longer active. Has it moved?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up the Collectorz phone app (CLZ Books) just this week, based on this thread, and it's been fun cataloging the collection.

137 books by King himself, and probably another 30-40 that part of the "King collection" that are related to him in some way. Not including stuff by Owen or Joe.

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The app below is only for iPhone or iPad users

http://shelves.desappstre.com/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I use Bookpedia which is Mac only. They have a companion app for iPhone that lets you use the phone as a barcode scanner. They’ve built their own database of books that is constantly being updated.

https://www.bruji.com/bookpedia/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I use Bookpedia which is Mac only. They have a companion app for iPhone that lets you use the phone as a barcode scanner. They’ve built their own database of books that is constantly being updated.

When you use the app on your phone, does it create a list on the phone via the app or is the barcode scanner feature just to add it to your Mac?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

When you use the app on your phone, does it create a list on the phone via the app or is the barcode scanner feature just to add it to your Mac?
    Either. The phone app syncs with your computer for the database as well as the scanner or it can be used as stand alone app.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Either. The phone app syncs with your computer for the database as well as the scanner or it can be used as stand alone app.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7