Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1055

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Marotta and Cafiero, a small publishing house in Scampia, near Naples, in Italy are publishing Stephen King’s essay, Guns.
    https://marottaecafiero.it/ricerca?c...submit_search=

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish there was an English version, very cool!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Me too.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Any idea what this is? Binding looks pretty cool. 1/12

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Stephen-King...4AAOSwqNZgFF9R

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Link is not working...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

The link does work for me.
    I cant read the german properly, but it looks like custom binding to me, no?
    The copyright page seems modern and mention a company that isnt Heyne

Here is another version of the link
    And couple of pictures below

Stephen King - ES - limitierte einmalige Sonderedition Nr. 2 / 12 im Schuber
    > ebay link

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is licensed from Heyne to some kind of German bookclub. Never seen this edition before.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still selling a big amount of Dark Tower books from USA / UK / Netherlands / France / Germany / Spain / Italy / Poland.

Added some new books today to the for sale section! Including a few limited US stuff and more languages like Sweden, Russia, Ukraine.

Check this page for specific pictures:

http://www.roog.nu/stephenking/darkt...le/forsale.htm

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I mostly collect King in french (because I came too late to the world of collecting, don't have the money nor the spaces, but mostly and foremost because it is my native language and discovered King in France) but over 15 years I have gathered quite a good collection in french. Or I like to think so.

So most of us, here, know about proofs and arcs.
    Usually they are pretty easy recognize. Especially in the USA / UK.
    But it's not always the case with foreign copies. Which may all have their own specificities.

I do have french proofs (for all or almost all of King's books released since "Blaze" in 2007), and they are mostly fairly easy to recognize : the traditional lack of cover. With a few having the cover and a mention on the back.

There is however one that stands out in my mind : a french "Bag of bones", with a reprint of King's letter to bookseller. (See photo) Of which I know 3-4 copies.

However that's not the reason of this message.

I wanted to talk about early (french) review copies. Up until probably the late 80s at least, french publishers were using punching hole letters (SP), meaning "Service Presse" (meaning Press Copy) for arcs. Nothing more. Cheap and easy I guess.

Sometimes it's pretty easy to notice, for instance when it's on a black background. Some other time it's almost invisible without looking closely. And that's why most of the time the SP are pretty darm impossible to find : because people dont see the punching holes (sometimes it's not even a "SP" punching hole, but a punched star, as in my copy of "Christine"!), dont know what they are, and therefore it doesn't appear in descriptions of auction titles.

Those are almost impossible to recognise :

(But from the inside it looks like this)

As a matter of fact, I have 5 or 6 and I ALWAYS found them by pure accident.

Those past 6 months or so I've seen a few appearing in collectors collections but I only saw one explicitling for sale that it was a review copy.

I haven't seen any (french) King books that way, but I am pretty confident that there are some review copies with a simple stamp mark inside. I know that it was used in american copies sent mid-90s by King's agent sent to publishers/translators.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. I wanted to take the opportunity that not everybody here are americans or british, to point out foreign review copies. And foreign review copies.
    I know that most german explicitly say they are "lessen exemplar" (eg the last picture, in my collection related to another author), but I don't know about other languages.
    However I am confident that collectors here will have some info and pictures to share 😊

I believe Stokerlone has quite a few german arcs

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Here in Sweden we don’t even have something called ARC or Galley. The press is sent regular copies that sometime has a stamped ”Resensionsex” (Review copy) on the top. They are worth less that a normal book and no one collects them ☹️

Lilja

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding King I only know of two ARCs: Lisey's Story and 11-22-63. Those two did have a particular copy produced.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Here in Sweden we don’t even have something called ARC or Galley. The press is sent regular copies that sometime has a stamped ”Resensionsex” (Review copy) on the top. They are worth less that a normal book and no one collects them ☹️

Lilja
    You don't collect them either, even without hunting them down?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Regarding King I only know of two ARCs: Lisey's Story and 11-22-63. Those two did have a particular copy produced.
    In spanish?
    I remember seeing one or two spanish 112263 proof a little while ago

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Lilja
    You don't collect them either, even without hunting them down?
    Nope, they are just regular books with a stamp on them or just regular books without the stamp. I’m actually happier if they don’t have the stamp. With a stamp they are more like regular books with smudge on :-)

Lilja

Got this beautie today!

Pet Sematary in Sinhalese

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dutch cover of Billy Summers with the cutout text in Dutch

Along the Path of the Beam kkemikk will become famous soon enough kkemikk's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone collects Slovenian editions of Kings novels?

I collect one book in every language King has been published and have this one from Slovenia. I would love a hardback though if you can help me get one…

Lilja

Along the Path of the Beam kkemikk will become famous soon enough kkemikk's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect one book in every language King has been published and have this one from Slovenia. I would love a hardback though if you can help me get one…

Lilja
    Unfortunately there is only paperback edition for this title. We have very poor selection of translated titles.

Quote Originally Posted by kkemikk View Post

Lilja
    Unfortunately there is only paperback edition for this title. We have very poor selection of translated titles.
    But there are other titles in Slovenian in hardback right?

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja
    In Hardback we have:
    It
    Cujo
    Pet Sematary
    From a Buick 8
    Cujo
    Different Seasons
    The Bill Hodges trilogy
    The Log Walk
    Dark Tower 1,2,3 (further translations planned)

Quote Originally Posted by kkemikk View Post

Lilja
    In Hardback we have:
    It
    Cujo
    Pet Sematary
    From a Buick 8
    Cujo
    Different Seasons
    The Bill Hodges trilogy
    The Log Walk
    Dark Tower 1,2,3 (further translations planned)
    Cool! If you could help me get one please send me a DM.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah : from july 1st, every package recieved in France from outside of the EU, with ANY value will have to pay some taxes
    (-_-)

First book by King translated into Kazakh.

Lilja

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast