Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i just realised how much i prefer the french name of "the long walk"
    litterally : Walk or die

i think there is a saying : sink or swim
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    i just realised how much i prefer the french name of "the long walk"
    litterally : Walk or die

i think there is a saying : sink or swim
    Precisely.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always loved this french cover for Firestarter

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I always loved this french cover for Firestarter

That's the best cover of that novel I've seen so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And some of they are pretty awesome too.

I love that Carrie.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoLabelBG View Post
    Needful Things

(artwork by Peter Stanimirov: http://www.peterstan.com/)

The Black House

The Dark Half
    These are my favorites. Amazing.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a different "The Dark Half" than I have...Those are Russian, correct?

I think I prefer that cover--mine looks like it could easily be mistaken for a Hardy Boys book! (Same with my Russian "Rage").
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is Bulgarian, I believe.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Bulgarian covers are pretty scary...
    The Firestarter (Charlie) cover you seem to like bothers me a bit since I don't see the link between the cover and the story. I mean apart from the implied heat.
    I also think "Marche ou crève" is a better title than "The Long Walk". It's a lot closer to the story and that's partly because of the title that I bought the book in the first place. It took them 10 years to translate that one so hopefully they got a good title for it!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, Bulgarian...they are really cool.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Country
    Country Flag

A good friend of mine (which is always updating the french bibliography) is currently working on the list of all the mass paperback editions from a publisher.

And i was "amazed" to see what the publisher is doing.
    Well, first of all the type on the covers is not always the same (but over the time they all get the same), but something that is shocking me is all the different colors of the type.
    It's not harmonised at all, and look stupid !

Look at some of em:

WTF ???
    Even when they do the same color, it's not the same. Blue, baby blue...WTF ??? Seriously!

If you want to see em all :
    http://www.livredepoche.com/catalogu...sPourCetAuteur

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think some are cool. Misery looks great.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A bizarre German Cover - Brennen Muss Salem - Salem´s Lot - from the 5 book Bloodbox

This is the Blutbox - 5 books in a ´blood´ painted plexiglas case Stephen King - Brennen muss Salem, Poe - Der Goldkäfer, Koontz - Der Schutzengel, Straub - Wenn du wüßtest..., Perutz - Der Meister des Jüngsten Tages

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap! That's awesome! Can we see the rest of the covers please???
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes here are all 5 Covers:
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! I think they are fabulously creepy!
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

John F. Kennedy snsd is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default South Korean covers for "The Stand"

These are South Korean covers for "The Stand".

In South Korea, this version of "The Stand" published all 6 volumes in 2007.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are really interesting!

And welcome to the boards!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for your reply.

I'm very happy!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the crow:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, those are cool. I hadn't seen all 6 covers before. I have the Korean 3 volume IT.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

There is a german edition of ES, that i really like!
    The one on the picture page 95, of Bev's book : "the illustrated stephen king companion"

The picture shows it well!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the ES Cut-out HC from Heyne?

Country
    Country Flag

Default South Korean covers for "The Dark Tower" series.

These are South Korean covers for "The Dark Tower" series.

The Dark Tower 1 : The Gunslinger

The Dark Tower 2 : The Drawing of the Three

The Dark Tower 3 : The Waste Lands

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast