Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book of Lilja

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default The Book of Lilja

From Cemetery Dance. I had the pleasure of interviewing Lilja for the book, and to write the introduction.

Lilja's Library: The World of Stephen King
    a massive book about Stephen King and his works by Hans-Ake Lilja
    illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne

Featuring special appearances by Stephen King, Peter Straub, Ridley Pearson, Mick Garris, Marsha DeFilippo, Michael Whelan, Stewart O’Nan, Glenn Chadbourne, Robin Furth, Steven Weber, Mark Stutzman, Frank Darabont, Jae Lee, Tyson Blue, and many others!

For over a decade now, Lilja has been one of the leading voices on the Internet when it comes to covering and reporting on Stephen King's books and movies. His website, Lilja's Library, is the die-hard fan's source for information about new King projects and breaking news, but Lilja has also featured his own in-depth reviews and interviews with many of the most important people in King's world, including Stephen King himself.

Lilja's Library: The World of Stephen King is a brand new massive collection of over 150 of those reviews, over 40 of those interviews, and other special features of interest to King readers everywhere. If you've never been to the website, you're in for a real treat as you catch-up with over 500 pages of articles and features that are sure to please any kind of Stephen King fan, from the general reader to the die-hard collector. And for Lilja's constant readers, there's original material in this special volume that has never appeared anywhere on his website before, and every article and review has been updated and revised for this release.

You have to see the table of contents to understand just how much great material is in this massive book, but just a few of the interviews include: Stephen King (twice!), Frank Darabont, Marsha DeFilippo, Mick Garris, Peter Straub, and many other people who have been involved in King's prolific career. The reviews include detailed commentary on well-known works by and about Stephen King, along with details about the rare works you might not have heard of, including the original scripts for Hearts in Atlantis, Stud City, and dozens of others; the original pilot for The Dead Zone that never aired on TV; Walking The Mile: The Making Of (a book that has never been released); the Pet Sematary and Secret Window, Secret Garden UK dramatizations; the dozens of Dollar Babies, and more!

There are also dozens of brand new features written exclusively for this volume, including interviews with Lilja himself and Glenn Chadbourne; reviews of short films such as "Here There Be Tygers," "Boogeyman," "Walking Ghost," "The Secret Transit Codes of America's Highways," "Night Surf," "Stephen King's Gotham Café," "Sorry, Right Number," "Night of the Living Dead," and others; reviews of the script for "The Mist" and scripts that are currently in development (including Black House and From a Buick 8); reviews of books such as Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography, Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and others; and much, much more!

If you're new to the world of Lilja's Library or already a constant reader, this special volume is a must-have for your collection! An exclusive Cemetery Dance Publications release, there are no other editions planned anywhere in the world for this incredible book.
    Click here to view the MASSIVE table of contents, read all of the praise for Lilja's work, or to place your order!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What a beautiful book Bev, congratulations on all the effort.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My effort was limited to the interview and intro. The rest was all Cemetery Dance.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Still, the intro to something like that has got to take some thinking.

The opening sentence went something like "I don't know Hans-Ake Lilja." Brian Freeman suggested it would have been funny if I stopped right there.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would have been funny dude. It would have been funny as hell!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I would like to get a copy of this book, I really don't think I'm going to. I'll wait until it's released and then see about getting the trade edition. I'd like to have one of the lettereds, but I can't afford that at this time.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That's sweet! Very proud of Lilja!! But CD????
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure it will be a wonderful resource. Thanks Bev.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I hope those of you that get a copy of the book will enjoy it. And Bev's intro is super.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

But will you being having a signing anywhere Lilja?

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dig the art work on the cover.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I plan to purchase this book as soon as possible. i love the cover. Great job Bev Thanks

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    I hope those of you that get a copy of the book will enjoy it. And Bev's intro is super.

Lilja
    Looks really cool Lilja.

Welcome to the site, I'm glad we can get the word out as much as possible.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, welcome, Lilja! Wishing you much success on the reception of your new book!

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Thanks for all the kind words about the book and the welcomes. It's nice to be here (can't belive I haven't registered earlier :-) )

I'd love to do a signing but since I live in Sweden I don't think it'll happen. But if anyone have a planeticket to the US lying around, please let me know.

Lilja

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, this looks sooooo cool...

... and being such a comic geek, I love that the DT comics are included !!! Bravo there!

ETA: Holy Smokes! That's actually Lilja posting. My compliments! Very impressive.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Thanks turtlex.

Lilja

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Lilja, Have CD pay for you to come over!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

I doubt they want that but if all of you demand it maybe :-)

Lilja

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I'll be getting a copy, but I won't order from CD until it's actually published.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Lilja, you should include the page from The Stand comic where your "library" is shown on a sign - if you haven't included it already!

That would be cool but there might be copywright problems with that.

Lilja

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would think so, those images are exclusive to Marvel and they are classically not cool about sharing them. I love the cover set up though, it looks great.

And just so you know Lilja, Calvin's Corner is the collectors forum, all kinds of very serious SK discussions going on in there.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Oh, well...as long as you mention that page/reference in your book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast