Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: General Comic Info, Questions and Help Wanted

Traveler Retrospectiv is on a distinguished road Retrospectiv's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ebay is another great source, as always.
    You can get some good deals on whole sets of the comincs, I've been searching myself lately as well.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Boydok View Post
    I own the hardcover copy of the gunslinger born comics and it did not come with the additional prose stories that were printed in each additional chapter. I have been trying to find them online, Can anyone help? I aso tried to buy them but the ONLY comic store within 50 miles of my house went out of business a few months ago.
    I have a whole set of the original comics I will sell you at a good price if you are interested

The funds would be donated to charity.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Matt,

If Boydok fails to take you up on your offer, I'm interested. Excellent Ebay references (10+ years). Do you happen to have the One Shots as well (The Sorceror, Guide to End World, etc.)?

I just received the 1st two full comics in HC this week and am loving them. I'd hate to think I'm missing out on anything though!

~Ret

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If I don't hear from him soon, they are yours. I may need to go through and see what I have because the 2nd arc may be there too if you are interested.

Like I said, its all for the fundraiser and these comics have been donated to me in years past so I would love it if they sold.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Matt. I'd be happy to have them, and better yet if the cost goes to a good cause

Drop me a PM if Boydok turns out to be a One Shot ;-)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good. I will do my best to remember but if you haven't heard from me in a few days, shoot me a reminder.

Country
    Country Flag

Will do!
    Time is a face on the water

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all~

Hopefully this is the correct thread to post in.

I know absolutely NOTHING about comics.....however, I just traded some old books for a bunch of them (somewhere around 120). A lot of these are X-men (Amazing, x-cutioner's song, Uncanny, etc) some Vampirella, Bloodshot, a couple Spiderman, Wizards...... a mixed bunch. Many of the x-men are labeled as 'Direct Edition' and 'X-men deluxe'. They are all bagged & look un-read and un-opened. They appear to be someone's collection that ended up in a pawn shop. How collectable they are is up to someone besides me.

Any advice or interest is appreciated.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Hi all~

Hopefully this is the correct thread to post in.

I know absolutely NOTHING about comics.....however, I just traded some old books for a bunch of them (somewhere around 120). A lot of these are X-men (Amazing, x-cutioner's song, Uncanny, etc) some Vampirella, Bloodshot, a couple Spiderman, Wizards...... a mixed bunch. Many of the x-men are labeled as 'Direct Edition' and 'X-men deluxe'. They are all bagged & look un-read and un-opened. They appear to be someone's collection that ended up in a pawn shop. How collectable they are is up to someone besides me.

Any advice or interest is appreciated.
    Hi Dolso - Welcome to the site. I'm going to move this post over to the General Questions thread, so more folks will have a chance to see it.

Honestly, it's hard to tell if you've come into a winfall, or just come cool comics. So much depends on condition, like most anything. The X-Cutioner's Song arc is a pretty popular one, so those might be worth some money, again - depending on condition. It's hard to make any kind of estimate without knowing what the issue numbers are. Titles alone really don't do the trick.

What I'd suggest is this - Do an inventory of what you have. Title, Issue # and general condition.

Once you have those details - head over to the Comics Price Guide and join. It's free, and they don't spam. From there, you can look up estimated values.

Another option - Just head over to the library and grab the latest edition of the Overstreet Guide. That should cover everything you need to determine an estimated value.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured I'd need to do an inventory, but honestly, don't even know what I'm looking at. Issue number? Some marked like '2 May' (assuming the May Issue of 2002?) but not all. I don't see any type of identifying number on many of them. All seem (to me) to be in pristine condition.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I figured I'd need to do an inventory, but honestly, don't even know what I'm looking at. Issue number? Some marked like '2 May' (assuming the May Issue of 2002?) but not all. I don't see any type of identifying number on many of them. All seem (to me) to be in pristine condition.
    No problem. Let me see if I can help you. I'll use an example I'm sort of familiar with. The X-Men stuff.

For instance, the Xcutioner's Song arc includes the following X-title issues : X-Factor (Vol. 1) #84-86, X-Force (Vol. 1) #16-18, X-Men #14-16, and Uncanny X-Men #294-296. The entire story was told with 12 issues, crossing into different X-titles.

Here's a picture of Uncanny X-Men # 294

The Issue Number is in the box on the upper left hand corner, and so is the price and the month ( not usually the year, however ). That might be different based on the publishing company ( Marvel, DC, Wildstorm, etc ).

Now - it just so happens that this comic is POLYBAGGED. That means, it was sold in a sealed bag! Usually with a collectible card or an insert. A collector would then take that comic, leaving it in the polybag, and put that into another bag with a board on it... to preserve the spine, etc.

Other comics, from other publishers, you might have to open the comic and look on the title page to get the issue number and year. DO NOT OPEN A POLYBAGGED COMIC ... I only mean "open" if the comic has been manually bagged and boarded.

As a quick reference, using the above Uncanny X-Men # 294.
    The issue price was $1.50 when first sold in Nov 1992.
    I can currently ( as of right now ), get a near mint copy for $1.10 online from a comic store I frequent.

( near mint is about the best condition any comic can be in )

I hope this helps. If you have any specific issues you are wondering about, just post and I'll see what I can look up.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks tons turtlex. I'm in the process of inventorying them now. If I'm understanding you correctly, if the bag is just taped shut, I can open & look for an Issue number? If it's factory sealed, don't open?

I appreciate all the help!

My Mood
    Gay

Yup, that sounds about right.

If the comic is in a bag with a back board, that means someone put it there for collecting, and to preserve it. Some people put a piece of tape on the back to close the flap, some do not.

If the comic is in a sealed polybag - that means the publisher did it, and that should be left closed. The comic ( in the polybag ) should still be put in a bag with a board though.

Good luck. Can't wait to hear what you got there!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just tallied up all my Stephen King comics. I have a total of 198 different issues! I am not collecting The Talisman series. I think the only one I'm missing is the Stand: American Nightmares hardcover variant. This is amazing! No wonder I'm beginning to run out of room!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

198 different King comics? There are that many?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah..If you include the promo stuff.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! I am WAAAAAAYYY behind.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My 198 figure includes:

A spare dust jacket for the Gunslinger Born hardcover
    One each of the seven Gunslinger Born issues signed by the colorist, Richard Isanove
    Six different posters, Treachery, The Sorcerer, The Stand: Captain Trips, The Stand: American Nightmares flat, The Stand: American Nightmares rolled, and American Vampire.

Also included are the one-shots, such as the Sketchbook, Daily Bugle, Best-Selling Heroes, Guide to Gilead, The Sorcerer, etc.

Still, a LOT of comics! (I also have two copies of each of the regular editions, but not the second printings or the variants. I have one each of those. The "extra" comics are NOT included in the 198 figure.)

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible!

It does make me wonder though exactly how many SK comic items Pam has (WITH) all her duplicates.

If you rescue me

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, dude, the odds of you being able to successfully determine the number of King items Pam has in her collection COUNTING the duplicates are approximately 3720 to 1.

My guess is 10,457, but that takes into account the three missing chase issues that she may have finally been able to acquire while I wasn't looking.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

She could open her open comic store catering JUST to SK fans.

Well, except for the whole selling comic books part. I suspect she'd be more inclined to give up her spleen.

If you rescue me

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    She could open her open comic store catering JUST to SK fans.

Well, except for the whole selling comic books part. I suspect she'd be more inclined to give up her spleen.
    That's like Watching American Pickers on the History Channel. these guys go around and buy collectibles, but most of the time it's stuff you and I would think of as junk and they usually low ball the price, because it's all about making a living. But sometimes they run into collectors who know the value of their collections and even know they called the Pickers to stop by, they don't sell anything because it's worth more due to the sentimental value.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I am completely sure. I tried one on at my local store. It no fit.

What can I say, I have thick damn fingers.
    We need to get actual metal rings made up, that's what we need to do, Sam!
    to go back a page. This is the only metal ring I can find:

http://www.superherostuff.com//green...mCd=ringglslvr

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I buy rather impulsively. Today I was at my favourite bookstore and picked up the following books. I hadn''t read any reviews so I've no idea if i did the right thing or not.
    Is anyone familiar with these, and if so, how do you rate these?

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My 198 figure includes:

A spare dust jacket for the Gunslinger Born hardcover
    One each of the seven Gunslinger Born issues signed by the colorist, Richard Isanove
    Six different posters, Treachery, The Sorcerer, The Stand: Captain Trips, The Stand: American Nightmares flat, The Stand: American Nightmares rolled, and American Vampire.

Also included are the one-shots, such as the Sketchbook, Daily Bugle, Best-Selling Heroes, Guide to Gilead, The Sorcerer, etc.

Still, a LOT of comics! (I also have two copies of each of the regular editions, but not the second printings or the variants. I have one each of those. The "extra" comics are NOT included in the 198 figure.)

John
    John - Do you also have all the variants of the Long Road Home hardcovers?

That Batman:RIP is a great book!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast