Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Lookit This!

Gunslinger Apprentice Roland number 19 is on a distinguished road Roland number 19's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Lookit This!

So, I'm trying this out. If this flops.. I'm done. Hahaha.

I draw a lot. It gets me through the day. I wanted to know what people think.

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Roland number 19 is on a distinguished road Roland number 19's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think they are terrific!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved them. (Although the first one scared me and will give me nightmares!) When you drew these you were on Keep it up!

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are really good!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You seem to be getting better and better at this , Nick. Keep em' coming

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I remember seeing some of your drawings before. You're really talented. Is all just done in pen?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking brilliant, Nick!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, you have a really special style and you certainly are talented.
    Keep posting.
    How do you draw? With a pencil or some kind of pen? I am sorry if it's a silly question but I am always interested in such things.

Roland would have understood.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

These are really fucking great!!
    You have a lot of talent, Sir.
    That first one will be stuck in my head for a while.
    Really, really good, man. Keep 'em coming!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone, thank you for the kind words. :]

To answer the question, I only use a pen. Its like a gel ink, sorta. Its difficult to describe. I hate using pencils because I find that I backtrack a lot and find a lot of "mistakes." With a pen I have to buck up and keep going. Its a good way of getting things right the first time.

I'll be putting up more soon, I just need to find the time to pull 'em all up from a website and copy URL addresses for here. However, if we're friends on Facebook or MySpace, I have put them all on there for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Again, thanks for all the kind words. I love you guys.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome detail!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright I want to preface this next post by saying that I'll be adding 51 pictures in the next post. It will VERY much so elongate the length of this webpage.

Note to Moderators, I'd like to say that I am aware that this may be a violation of a rule, and I will most certainly comply with a change in the original post. I offer my complete cooperation with any changes neccisary. :]

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

These are all of the pictures that I have drawn in the past couple of years THAT HAVE BEEN SCANNED ON MY COMPUTER. I have more, but I have yet to load them. I am, indeed, a lazy sack of shit.

Please, I am fine with criticism and will more than gladly answer any questions. I drew all of these in pen and none of them are plagarized that are not credited below the picture. Again, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! Thank you!

The perception of this picture is the most fucked up thing ever.

Its hard to see, but that's a picture of suicide

Meteor Shower

Lyrics by Papa Roach

I llove monsters, I hate cities.

Lyrics by From First to Last

Diablo 2

Lyrics by Job For A Cowboy

Lyrics by UnderOATH

I am actually proud of this one. Hate most of the others...

For an ex.

For my Mom.

Alice in Wonderland concept

Fuck Religion.

Can't remember

Pirates

I hate this.

From the Wizard of Oz

Lyrics by A Perfect Circle.

Lucifer

Lyrics by The Talking Heads

Politics

V for Vendetta?

I seriously want to burn this one when I see it. It is complete shit. For real, the only reason that I choose to keep this is for the fact that it allows me to see how much that I have grown.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I think Spy vs Spy is an allegory for Hate Crime. hahaha.

Quartering is just plain badass.

Octopi Rule

I mean, for sure

Where the Wild Things Are

Hahaha. I thought that my friend said "Organ" instead of "Oregon" when we were talking once, so I had to draww it in literature class.

Splash of color.

King Kong

Gunslingers

from Calvin and Hobbes

Big Fucking Fish

For a class project. It was "draw a tree."

Goodfellas made me do it. Cop car looks fucked up.

Hippos can totally climb trees. By the way, the quote in my signiture is from my friend's response to seeing this for the first time. LAWL.

Future idea.

I love this one, too. I have a copy on my wall at home.

Landscapes were my thing for a while.

Look in the windows.

See what I meant?

Angels make me smile. Hahaha. I'm Muslim now, too.

This is a copy. The original went to my friend Angie.

This sparked a huge controversial argument between some people I know between how important the symbol of the fish is to the Christian faith and my interpretation of how its a fucking load. I'd like to point out that that is opinion, NOT fact.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Sorry to Michelle Gilmore for drawing this. :[

REPTAR, King of the Ozone!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

those are all amazing. good work.

something you could consider doing so that it doesn't elongate the page so much is wrapping a spoiler tag around the images.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice work.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    those are all amazing. good work.

something you could consider doing so that it doesn't elongate the page so much is wrapping a spoiler tag around the images.

that's a really good idea. I think I'll do that once I get home (I'm on my phone now)

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are great!!! You are very talented!!! Thanks for sharing

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

wow i'm really impressed you've done it all in pen.
    excellent work. if i tried that there would be a hundred
    mess-ups and liquid paper lakes on the paper
    i really love your subject matter too.
    i tried to pick a favorite but I can't
    they're all amazing!
    thanks for sharing
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are all amazing!
    And so detailed!

I could look at them for hours.

Thanks for posting, man.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent work! I love that first octopus one And what really impresses me is that it's all done in pen. That doesn't give you a huge margin of error. I don't think I could do it. I'm constantly erasing and redrawing.
    How do you come up with your ideas? And is it all drawn just from your mind? Also what did you use for the colored ones, is it colored pencil? I couldn't quite tell.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

These are awesome, man!
    Especially taking into consideration the fact that you're using pen.
    The detail you've managed to get into each drawing is fantastic.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Excellent work! I love that first octopus one And what really impresses me is that it's all done in pen. That doesn't give you a huge margin of error. I don't think I could do it. I'm constantly erasing and redrawing.
    How do you come up with your ideas? And is it all drawn just from your mind? Also what did you use for the colored ones, is it colored pencil? I couldn't quite tell.
    Everyone thinks they'd mess up, but with a pen, you don't think of anything as a mistake. Its just something in the picture that you need to adapt to.

As for ideas, its really aything. I'll just have an idea and draw it up, or I'll see something that makes me think about something else and leads to a drawing idea. Or its just a key word that I've heard or read that 'll make me draw something up. There's no real thought to it.

Oh, and as for the color... The one with the heart, the man with the tie, the witch burning and the 300 picture are sharpie. And the sky behind the mountains are done with water color pencils (essentially just pencils that make watercolor when you add water). The one with all the color that I did for my mom is in chalk or soft pastel.