Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I always thought it would be cool if DMB did the fan club bootlegs like Pearl Jam does.

I mean, I wouldn't get them all ( like I do with PJ ) but I'd definitely grab a couple if they were available from DMB.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Kidd, that sounds like an amazing time. I'm so glad you had fun. I'm going to see if it's up for download yet, you've got my dying to check it out. And that's a great pic of you and your brother.

Did Jason play alone? I think he's going to have his band with him this weekend (at least I hope so). I downloaded some shows from his last tour, and they sounded amazing. He had this horn section and everything which really added to the songs. I'd recommend checking some of them out. I think you might like them.

Pam if you can do torrents, I'd highly recommend checking out the website Kidd posted. They've got everything up there. And the tapers are great. The sound quality is amazing. Plus they're free. That's one thing that I love about this band, is that they actually allow taping and trading of their shows. Pretty much every show (at least the recent ones) are readily available, and you can usually find them just a day or two after the show. And if you check online, they have their live trax series. They usually officially release a couple of live shows a year. If there's ever a specific show you're looking for let me know, I can probably find it for you.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Heather. Jason did have a band with him, but for a stadium like that it just felt like he needed a little more. Maybe a drummer. He only had a guy playing the bongos.

And Pam, the Live Trax series is great. All remastered live shows. And I think they have to be up to volume 14 or 15 now. My brother gets every single one . . . and then I rip them into my iTunes. It's awesome.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll let you know how the show is on fri. Hopefully he's got a bunch of people playing with him. I can't wait.

And you should so hit up Camden if you can. They're actually playing there on my birthday!

The live trax series is great. Although my problem is that I want to buy everything they release, so it's not good on my wallet. I've got most of them, I think there's just 2 that I'm missing. And they have released some great shows in that series. The first one from Worcester 12-8-98, and then the New Years Eve one from 96 are two of my favorites.
    Plus they also have that new DMBLive series which is only available for download online. They've put up some really old shows on there that I've been dying to get but I'm trying to hold off. Have you listened to any of them yet Kidd?

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I've listened to a bunch, but I couldn't tell you the exact dates of the shows I've listened to. Everytime I go to my brothers house, we pretty much crack open some beers and he plays anything he finds on his computer. I really want to get the show from 8/26/1995 at PNC Bank Arts Center in Jersey. My first show.

We've been looking for it for awhile but have not come across it yet. I think my brother said he found part of it one time, but it was only available to stream, not to download.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

I'll check and see if I've got it. I'll let you know.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks . . . And have fun tonite. I hope it's a good show.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Thanks, I'm so excited

I checked and unfortunately I don't have it. I looked around and found it on dreamingtree, but there's only 1 seeder. I'm trying to download it now but I'm having trouble connecting to them. I think it's something on my end, but I don't know how to fix it. I'll let you know if I'm able to get it.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you. Don't drive yourself crazy though. I know how that feels and wouldn't wish it on you. Haha.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Country
    Country Flag

I did a couple of Fire Dancer designs . . . And I did a digital rendition of a poster that was done for a May 2005 show in New York City. (I was there . . . Awesome Show . . . I don't know how I missed buying this poster . . . )
    Attached Images
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Nice! I love the poster one. Too bad you weren't able to get the actual poster. Have you picked up any from the other concerts you've gone to. I've got a couple. My favorite is the one from the first Fenway show. Eventually I'd like to get the ones I've got nicely framed with the ticket stub.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. That's how I have most of mine (with the stub and sometimes i'll print out the set list and throw that in there too)

Umm . . . Let's see. I have 2 from Hershey, 1 from when it was still the Continental Airlines Arena in Jersey (It's the Izod Center now), The one from Central Park, and one from San Diego that one of my friends got me for my birthday (I wasn't there). I think I have one more, but there packed up somewhere right now.

But it's pretty cool, I have a wall for everything pretty much. And my g/f got me an autographed copy of a Rolling Stone issue with Dave on the front (nicely framed) and An electric guitar guard signed by everyone in the band, Dave, Carter, Boyd, Stefan and oh so thankfully, Leroi (also very nicely framed, haha). Those last two are like my prized possessions.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Nice! Do you have pictures, I'd love to see them.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, no. I've been fixing up my place so that I can try to sell it . . . So everything is kinda packed up. I have boxes and framed pictures here and there . . . I don't even know where half of my stuff is most of the time. (My DMB stuff is at my girlfriend's parents house . . . I know where that is at least) But if I get my hands on any of it in the near future, I will take some pictures and post them in here.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Yes, please do. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

I will, I'll try. Sometime soon, I'm gonna have to move everything to my brother's place, so when I do that, I'll take a bunch of pics.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

The first episode of the new season of Austin City Limits, which just so happens to feature DMB, is up on their website for those that missed it.
    http://video.pbs.org/video/127994589...am/1273976454#
    Also Hulu should be putting up highlights from the festival from this past weekend sometime soon.

Did anyone catch the webcast of Farm Aid yesterday? I didn't even realize it was yesterday until about an hour after Dave & Tim's set ended. Hopefully someone will toss it up online sometime soon.

And just a little side note, but it's kinda funny how Dave has added in the speaking lines from the NOLA vendor at the end of Squirm when he performs it live.

Did anyone catch them on SNL last night?
    I thought this skit was pretty funny
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-show/1178424/

Country
    Country Flag

Just got home today from a 2 night stand in Camden, NJ and it was friggin awesome. We had pit tickets both nights and if anyone has a chance to see the set from night two, it was like a die-hard fans 'greatest hits cd'. I could of done without gravedigger, but man, was it incredible. And I finally got 'So Right' live!!!!!!
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Glad you had a good time. I'm off to download it now
    And did they really tease Good Good Time? Right after Hello Again, that's probably the next song I was hoping they would bring back (well out of the songs I could realistically see them bring back )

Are you going to catch any other shows this summer? And what do you think about next year? Do you think we might get to see a solo tour? I just can't picture Dave not doing anything.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Just got home today from a 2 night stand in Camden, NJ and it was friggin awesome. We had pit tickets both nights and if anyone has a chance to see the set from night two, it was like a die-hard fans 'greatest hits cd'. I could of done without gravedigger, but man, was it incredible. And I finally got 'So Right' live!!!!!!
    When I hear the word pit in reference to concerts I think of slamdancing/moshing. Though I really like Dave Matthews I find the idea of slamming to his music VERY disturbing.

Glad you had a good time.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Hey Kid - Welcome back!! Sounds like you had a great couple of shows.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

DMB just announced their new album Away From the World will be released Sept. 11! And I'm extra excited that Steve Lillywhite is back producing with the band. Can't wait to hear it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5