Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't like 'Funny the way it is' when i first heard it, but it was a shitty download -- a lot of feedback. But liked it better the second time and loved it when i heard it live. 'Why I Am' is awesome and 'Spaceman' is good just not so much a 'live' song as a 'chilling out' song.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see how they develop throughout the tour. I think they've got potential. I'm really curious to see what the other songs on the album are like.
    Stay or Leave from the other night was really good. I guess I haven't really listened to that many full band versions of that song, but I absolutely loved it, especially Jeff's part. I hope they continue to play it throughout the tour.

Also I just saw that they put the preorder info up and check this out:
    - Super Deluxe edition in a special box which includes the 13 track CD + extra tracks, Scenes from Big Whiskey DVD, Photo book, and Lithographs featuring the artwork by Dave Matthews
    Sounds pretty sweet to me. And to top it off they're also releasing it on vinyl.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stay or Leave was great!

My brother just ordered that super deluxe set. I'll probably just mooch that off of him though. He buys everything they release and I just download it and put it on my ipod. Cheap I know, but I get everything anyway . . .
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm a sucker for that type of stuff. I just can't not get it.
    And I'm really curious to know what the extra tracks are. I'm hoping for some B-sides or some other new stuff.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW, hearing what you guys are saying I'm getting even more excited! 6 days till my show!

I know, I'm super excited about my show as well.

You should download some of the shows from this tour they're really good. Listen to 4/18. It's one of the best live shows I've heard.

Country
    Country Flag

Hope you guys have as much fun as I did. Where are you going to see them what?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Country
    Country Flag

I'll definetly get that download heather and kidd i'll see them at verizon amphitheatre at encore park... alpharetta, ga night 1 of 2

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

NEW YORK (Billboard) – Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band and the Beastie Boys will headline the three-day Austin City Limits Music Festival in Texas on October 2-4.

Other acts scheduled to perform at the annual Zilker Park event include Kings of Leon, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Thievery Corporation, John Legend, Sonic Youth, Mos Def, the B-52s, Lily Allen, the Decemberists, and Coheed and Cambria.

Three days festival passes start at $185 (with no service fees) through aclfestival.com (http://aclfestival.com).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

The show last night was unbelievable... Jeff Coffin is doing an exceptional job filling the void left by LeRoi... throw in Roshon Ross and Tim Reynolds and you've got magic on stage... i can't do the show justice with words but this review from warehouse does a good job

On a rather warm but comfortable evening in the Northern Suburbs of Atlanta, Dave and the boys continued the spring tour in front of the packed house. And while Dave will be Dave, and Boyd, Tim, Fonzie and Rashon do their thing, tonight felt like it belonged to Jeff Coffin and Carter in many ways.

The show started with a bang.. PNP with curtains closed. Rapunzel begins and the curtains drop. Everyone seems to be wearing black or dark tones. There is a scruffiness about everyone tonight. Dave and Stephan have not crossed paths with a razor in days. Jeff and Rashon are very casual… and that’s ok! The sound is tight, the crowd seems into it and the acoustics are solid.

WAYG followed and I will just admit that I sat down and waited for this thing to end. You can have a great sound and add Timmy and Jeff to this, but really its like putting lipstick on a pig. Just not my fav song. Sorry.

Stay or Leave was also quite mellow, but a sweet song and it sounded pure and good. No complaints. Timmy is really strong here… He has been playing this one with dave for years so his inputs to this tune are like second nature.

Funny the way it is seemed like a pee break for many… so few know the words or tune… The song itself was excellent. Getting better and better with each show. Dave wearing his emotion on his sleeve. “Why I am” followed. Less interest from the crowd aside from a few die hards.. Lots of sitting lots of beet lines…. But again, the song itself sounds great.. rashon and dave have the syncopated “Why I am” down like they have been on it for years…Incidentally, Rashon’s singing is slowly becoming a solid input into the new sound they are moving to. Especially in a song like Burning down the House that followed WIA. The crowd woke up, the band woke up, and this sounded great.

#41 was next and it started like most other love versions…. The crowd singing along in tune.. Dave with perfect rhythm and intonation, this is the 41 we have attached ourselves to for many years… And then it REALLY got good… Dave finished the second verse.. Boyd did his thing and the baton moved over to Jeff. Carter called him out and called him over…. He accepted the invite and for the next 4-6 minutes went back and forth with Carter giving it his ALL. This was Jeff Coffin as good as we have ever seen/heard him, running circles around his #41 solo days when Bela and the Flecktones joined the boys. It seemed to run really long but time was no issue. This was a definite highlight…. IF you only listen to one song from this entire show… listen to #41 ☺~

Dave introduced Spaceman and off it went. Again, sounding better and better with each play… But the crowd went pretty much dead. I felt like I was on an island singing along… This is what happens when a sing is played under 10 times live with no CD or radio play…. Bu spaceman is the real deal. As others have said before , this sounds old school. The Lyrics are golden, the tune is catchy and the sounds was excellent. This song is will age beautifully.

Crash followed, my other sit and chill song. Enough said.

Davespeak- Dave tells a story of watching a lady chase after a beach ball all around the orchestra section. Hi mimmicks her movements in a sort of Elaine from Seinfeld manner and we laugh very hard. The ball ultimately makes its was to the front of the orchestra and is tossed to him while he tells the story.. It has all sorts of writing on it… but none can really be made out….. After making fun of the ladies dancing, he says he forget his glasses, so he cant read the ball, and kicks it back into the crowd☺

The second major highlights of the evening was Nancies/Warehouse. Carter was spectacular. Magical. This was where the crowd returned to al their singing glory after what seemed like a lengthy break. Tim, Jeff and Rashon, are all over these two songs like they are their own. But this is carters time and he was brilliant!

Ants followed and Jeff Coffin again was all over it with Ants intro solo’s He is so fvcking talented and he shined deep into the intro . Carter has decided to mess with the audience…. Most know that ants chorus before closing is counted off in 1, then 2 , then 3… well carter is now in total fake out mode… sometimes they goto 3.. then back t 1.. then 2…… but we have no idea what the method to the madness and simply must enjoy as guessing is useless! It seemed like a good time to end before the encore, but time was on our side and out came the 12 string and Grey Street. DMB at their best. great closer.

Starting the encore was sister. How can you not like this song.? Tears were flowing in the crowd, the sound was just right, dave played like a sibling was sitting next to him…and finally , Watch tower. Not a surprise at all, but they have this down. The solos in the middle are loud and raw coming from Timmy and Dave. Energy flowed and was a powerful forceful way to end the show.

Sounds like a good time. I'm getting excited to see Jeff play with the band, since I've never seen him perform live before.

So they have recently been teasing Blue Water. Can I ask you guys what you think realistically the future of the song could be. I'd love to see them come out and play a full version sometime, but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking.

Pam are you going to the festival?

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, Heather, I wish. But, no.

It would be a dream come true... Both Pearl Jam and DMB?!? That would be awesome!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

It would be great to hear a full on Blue Water, and who knows... it has been a while since they even teased it... I'd love to hear a show where they did all the unreleased music... I guess it would be a three day spot though...

They've teased it at a few of the recent shows. I'd love for it to come back, but I have a feeling they might just tease it at a few shows and then it'll be gone like they did a few years ago. We'll see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause it's one of my favorite songs.

And a couple new songs debuted last night
    I'm downloading the show now!

My Mood
    Gay

Hey DMBers... Pearl Jam is taping their set for broadcast on Austin City Limits... any word if DMB is going to as well?

hmmm, haven't heard anything. Let me go see if I can find some info. I would love it if that were true.

My Mood
    Gay

It was be great !

Thanks for the heads up Pam!

I just found this on the Warehouse, posted yesterday:
    Dave Matthews Band to Perform on AUSTIN CITY LIMITS 35th Season Premiere
    DMB will perform on the award-winning PBS show, Austin City Limits, on October 3rd as the first musical guest of the show’s 35th season. Other artists scheduled for the season include Pearl Jam, Elvis Costello, Ben Harper and Relelentless7, Kenny Chesney, a special joint performance by Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel and many more. Visit austincitylimits.org to check out performance clips, extended interviews and photo galleries from spotlighted artists as well as archival footage of historical performances from the great stage of Austin City Limits.

And I also just saw that AT&T Music will be webcasting an hour of DMB's set from the New Orleans Jazz Fest tomorrow, Saturday, at 6pm CT
    http://music.att.net/s/editorial.dll...ent=1&xslid=23

My Mood
    Gay

< --- Loves Pearl Jam, but rocks to DMB as well !

Have you ever seen them live?

My Mood
    Gay

No, unfortunately.

I always wanted to see them in Boston. They seem to put on the most amazing shows there.

One day, maybe, but so far, I haven't been lucky enough.

I wish you were coming with me to my show this year.

I'd highly recommend checking them out at some point. Playing live is where they really shine. They do have a couple of concert dvd's out to hold you over till that time comes, or the webcast tomorrow

Just got my seat locations for the show, although for the life of me I can't figure out where exactly they're located
    However I'm pretty sure they're across the field. I think Warehouse hates me.

Doesn't matter though, because I'm so excited for the show. It can't come quick enough

Country
    Country Flag

Heather... where do you download the shows from? I'm using dreaming tree..

I use dreaming tree as well. Is there one that you couldn't find there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast