Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R_of_G's Art

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Default R_of_G's Art

Here is some of my artwork. It is all digital painting, done almost entirely in Adobe Photoshop. I've gotten a few dozen of them professionally printed on canvas and I have been very pleased with the results. I'm currently working on revamping the website I created for them, but in the meantime, here are a few representative samples of some of the things I do...

Sunrise #1

Sunset #1

Glades Sunrise

Water #11

Water #2

Water #3

Pollenators

Door

Infinite Improbability

Light Show

Wheat

Clothespins

Mordred

Abstract #9

Abstract #4

Abstract #18

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really great - Water #3 is the best in my opinion really wicked stuff - keep up the great work

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Thank you very much Mad Man.

Water #3 is my personal favorite of the first series of water paintings (of which there are a dozen). It was the first one that went on the wall in my home when I got the canvas prints.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Jayson, these are awesome!!
    I love the sunrise pics. They're all so lovely.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really into that one already I'd also love to have it on my wall this would be right next to sonata flag

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Very nice Jayson. I'm glad to finally be able to see some of your artwork. I especially love the water ones as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I am shopping around for reasonable printing rates (for both canvas and poster paper) so I can sell them at reasonable prices. I'll let you know when when I come across something. The prints that I got look great, but they're a bit too pricey to charge other people that much for them. Thanks again for the kind words.

Thank you Heather and Alisha. It's nice to be able to share them. I've been slacking on finishing the revamped website, but I wanted to show some of them off.

The water and sunrise/sunset ones were the very first ones I did. It was the reaction some of my painter friends had to those that made me keep up with it.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I love them all!

Water #2 is awesome. I see a different face each time I look at it.

And the colors in Abstract #9 are perfect.

Thanks Melike!

The colors for Abstract #9 I specifically chose for our home. My favorite color is green and my wife's is purple so we have a lot of green/purple stuff in our decor. I figured I'd make a piece that fit into the house color scheme.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    The water and sunrise/sunset ones were the very first ones I did. It was the reaction some of my painter friends had to those that made me keep up with it.
    And I'm glad you did. How many have you done now, and how long have you been making them? I've tried a couple times at doing stuff digitally, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it, so I'm always impressed by people who can. It's definitely not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19
    And I'm glad you did. How many have you done now, and how long have you been making them? I've tried a couple times at doing stuff digitally, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it, so I'm always impressed by people who can. It's definitely not easy.
    I've been doing them for about two years, give or take a few months. I would have to count them again to know how many there are total, but I think the last time I counted there were around 100 of them. Some of them I don't really care for all that much but they were good to do to work on technique. I am much better with the digital than I am with a paintbrush. One of my painter friends had a birthday recently and she bought a huge canvas and divided it up into squares which each of us got to paint. It's funny how awful I am with actual paint and brushes. I asked her if I could do mine on the laptop and print it and stick it on there in my spot.

I definitely encourage you to keep trying. You know I am a huge admirer of your artistic skills. The pieces you submit for the contests are always amazing!

Thanks Melike!

The colors for Abstract #9 I specifically chose for our home. My favorite color is green and my wife's is purple so we have a lot of green/purple stuff in our decor. I figured I'd make a piece that fit into the house color scheme.
    These two colors are strangely completes each other.
    The walls of the apartment I've been living in, was purple and green, too.

Your art is very beautiful.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Jayson! I like them all, but Wheat is my favorite so far. I love the color!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I definitely encourage you to keep trying. You know I am a huge admirer of your artistic skills. The pieces you submit for the contests are always amazing!
    Thanks Jayson, that means alot to me
    I can understand the paints. I just picked up a bunch of supplies to try it out, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I just can't seem to do anything except with a pencil, which really limits what I can do.

Let me know once your website is up and running. I'd love to see more of your work.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very impressive, Jayson. I love the first one.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19
    I've been doing them for about two years, give or take a few months. I would have to count them again to know how many there are total, but I think the last time I counted there were around 100 of them. Some of them I don't really care for all that much but they were good to do to work on technique. I am much better with the digital than I am with a paintbrush. One of my painter friends had a birthday recently and she bought a huge canvas and divided it up into squares which each of us got to paint. It's funny how awful I am with actual paint and brushes. I asked her if I could do mine on the laptop and print it and stick it on there in my spot.

I don't say I am an expert with brushes and paint, but when it comes to digital art I am awful.
    Another reason for me to appreciate your work, much.

Those colors do go exceptionally well together.

Here are a few more, per sarajean's request...

Bug

Cellular Self Portrait
    Last edited by lux interior; 08-09-2009 at 06:35 PM.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Cellular Self Portrait is bloody brilliant, Jayson.
    You're a talented guy!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Awesome, Jayson! I like them all, but Wheat is my favorite so far. I love the color!
    Thanks Dags.
    After a bunch of the multi-colored ones, it was nice to do a batch of monochrome ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Let me know once your website is up and running. I'd love to see more of your work.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Very impressive, Jayson. I love the first one.
    Thank you Pam.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    I don't say I am an expert with brushes and paint, but when it comes to digital art I am awful.
    Another reason for me to appreciate your work, much.
    Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

thank you!

those two are my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    Cellular Self Portrait is bloody brilliant, Jayson.
    You're a talented guy!
    Thank you Alisha.

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post

thank you!

those two are my favourites.
    You're welcome. Thanks for liking them.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

hey, no problem. i'm a professional appreciater, since i can't really do anything myself.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Jayson that is freaking amazing!! Thank you so much for posting and sharing all your work.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to look at it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast