Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you believe in theory of multiple universes? (are there other worlds than this?)

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

69 85.19%
  • No, I don't.

12 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: There are others worlds than these.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That should really be the flavor of the month right there
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

oh yeah!! Sounds delightfully refreshing!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course there are other worlds than these. I just think that humans are to inferior of a species to know about them.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think its more that weve forgotten it. but yeah.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

*sigh* I loved The Dark Linda..I wish she would come back...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Thank Fuck i didn't have to start a topic like this

i believe in it, hell ive........... ehhhh im at a quandry wether or not to say it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Say it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

to hell with it, holding things in is for the castle rooks, ive been though several that i can remember and probaly millions more i can't,

infact, im sure almost all of us have been though about a million or more universes we cant remember, reincarnation, performed by somthing godlike, but mindless and programmed so it wont be able to have feeling about what has created or destroyed. but theres also a bad side to this-

I'm not making this up, dead serious.

:?:

Quote Originally Posted by HanzouNorak View Post
    to hell with it, holding things in is for the castle rooks, ive been though several that i can remember and probaly millions more i can't,
    I believe this is definitely possible

infact, im sure almost all of us have been though about a million or more universes we cant remember, reincarnation, performed by somthing godlike, but mindless and programmed so it wont be able to have feeling about what has created or destroyed. but theres also a bad side to this-

I'm not making this up, dead serious.
    I believe you're serious, but I don't understand what you're saying here, could you go into more detail?

go into more detail? i could write a seires that rivals The Dark Tower itself. im not going to tell ether life story tonight but, some things people should know;

there are mini-portals to other universes called glitches, theres only about 10 per universe, but they're constantly moving, some times they stay put from anywhere between years and a millisecond. the can move anywhere at anytime into anyplace, but all they can do is make small objects fall into another universe. the largest thats probaly ever gone though is a clothespin, if any of you have had a small object disappear for no reason and there is no cause and it has never been found again, reply to this.

as for some more disturbing things, well,

id say those are for another day.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    It might sound a very stupid questions.. but do you guys have proofs or evidences or are these just feelings and thoughts, ideas?
    Let's tear apart this topic. It's so exciting.

I lived in a haunted apartment. Really.

Stuff moved. My television was knocked over. Other things.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    It might sound a very stupid questions.. but do you guys have proofs or evidences or are these just feelings and thoughts, ideas?

But that would be a proof for ghosts, am I wrong? Not for other universes... or how so?

Thank Fuck i didn't have to start a topic like this

i believe in it, hell ive........... ehhhh im at a quandry wether or not to say it.
    You know I was interested in others' opinions. That's how I work.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post

But that would be a proof for ghosts, am I wrong? Not for other universes... or how so?
    Or more precisely evidence...and even then of a subjective, undemonstratable sort. Proof is relatively absolute.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I know this thread is super old, but i'm new here, and it's a fascinating topic, so i thought i'd add to it .

i believe in parallel/alternate/multi-universes / other worlds - whatever you want to call it - though I don't have any proof really. But until I have proof that there definitively ISN'T other worlds, i'm going to continue believing!

I was just saying to my hubby the other day that there are other worlds than what we are experiencing right now - whole past worlds that are buried under our current civilizations across the planet - like ancient cities in europe - in fact, in Edinburgh, Scotland there's a whole underground city (you can take a tour of) that the modern day Edinburgh has been built on-top of - so when you're walking around the city, there's really lots of hidden streets and old rooms and buildings (and vaults) underneath! and who is to say in parallel/other universes - for example, the Old Edinburgh (of the middle ages) isn't the current one? and that it hasn't evolved (or 'moved on'?) into the one today?

and also, more philosophically, everyone is in their own insular worlds, living their own lives in their own towns/cities, and there are other worlds everywhere (everyone else that is having their own experiences that you might not be able to relate to) which i think is interesting to think about too.

i wonder if there really are doors to these multiverses here on earth...hmmm...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by arrawyn View Post
    and also, more philosophically, everyone is in their own insular worlds, living their own lives in their own towns/cities, and there are other worlds everywhere (everyone else that is having their own experiences that you might not be able to relate to) which i think is interesting to think about too.
    I can totally agree with this thought.
    Welcome to the site.

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasKo View Post
    Yes I do. And as long as there is no proof of it not existing, I'll continue believing it. I mean, the universe is so wide and big and huge, why wouldn't there be any other worlds, why wouldn't there be any other parallelworlds?

That's all the proof I need!
    My point is this too. I think believing this universe exists just for us, just for our world, would be egocentrism, would be nothing different from believing you are the center of the world.

So yes, I believe there should be other worlds. Or other dimensions, other universes, or other world in our universe; call it as how you want to see it. But, I can't say I believe in travelling to them is possible in some way. I also can't say it is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by arrawyn View Post
    I was going to say this. People are other worlds to me. Many of them had became full of deserts, not allowing life on them. A few of them are full of seasons, rain forests, oceans you would like to explore. That is how I choose friends.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

beautifully said

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

When I told one of my friends, years ago, that I don't believe that there are parallel universes, really, he said that that showed that I don't believe in the reality of other people. That totally surprised me, because it was exactly what I was thinking about him!
    These days, I am more undecided on the question, but I still know that I don't have to think that other people have whole worlds of their own in order to know that this whole world we're in does not belong just to me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course not...that would be unrealistic....it belongs to ME.

If you rescue me

John F. Kennedy Quicksilver is on a distinguished road Quicksilver's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think other life forms have visited us in space craft and via interdeminsional travel.

As soon as they studied us they put barriers in place that will never allow us to get out of this galaxy.
    Humans are a plaque and by our own actions we have shown that we cannot be trusted.
    If time travel were possible they would probably have already came back and destroyed us.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is the physicist in me coming out: I cannot/will not believe in something that cannot be measured or observed. That's why I'm Atheist and why I simply believe in the observable or measurable universe. I know, it seems a little bit dull. But still... it's all I can allow myself to believe. Do you know how hard it is to convert (literally convert: I forced myself out of beliefs I held sacred) yourself out of Christianity when you're 14, just getting into science, in a family full of Christians?

This is the way I view things: everyone else has the burden of proof; I get the luxury of sitting back and awaiting their proof.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I think other life forms have visited us in space craft and via interdeminsional travel.

If time travel were possible they would probably have already came back and destroyed us.
    So you believe in interdimensional-traveling aliens that can constrict us to a galaxy but you won't believe in time-travel? Those must be some old aliens if they're traveling millions of light-years to simply put up a barrier! Time-travel is theoretically possible, by the way. Just like short-range teleportation has been proven and achieved in non-living substances. Just because it isn't commercially available doesn't mean it can't/doesn't happen. I would suggest you look up tachyons. I'm not sure if they've been proven yet, but they have been measured and are believed to be able to travel through time (not consciously, though... they're particles).

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tachyons have not yet been proven to exist.

Of course everything that is not impossible has some probability of existing. Just some are more likely than others. Tachyons however do not teleport, or travel time that we know of though (if that's what you're suggesting). It is merely that IF they exist then that appears to be an action of theirs.

In fairness here though I don't think those imaginary aliens would need to be old. Also in fairness though I'd travel millions of light years to protect the universe/multiverse from our poisonous cosmic stupidity too.

If you rescue me

John F. Kennedy Quicksilver is on a distinguished road Quicksilver's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you believe in interdimensional-traveling aliens that can constrict us to a galaxy but you won't believe in time-travel?
    Whoa Chief......I didn't say I didn't believe in time travel....I think anything that can be conceived by the mind of man is possible....it may not be practical at this time...but it is possible. Just look back at the works of Jules Verne....he foresaw space travel, submarines and atomic power. He also wrote of time travel.....maybe history will prove him correct that it is feasible.

I was making an (vain it seems) attempt at humor.

You have to admit that Man's track record has not been too great as far as using our minds and resources to the common good.....we have wasted untold amounts of both on trying to destroy each other.
    I am a student of military history and the amount of material destroyed in this century alone during warfare is staggering.
    On the flip side some of the fantastic technololy we have today is a result of research that was intended to be used against our "enemies".

My point was that any advanced race that happened onto our ball of dirt (by whatever means of travel) might want to keep us here untill we are no longer a threat to the universe.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry if I misunderstood. I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    If time travel were possible
    and jumped to conclusions(?).

I agree that humans have a shitty track record in some sense, but you also need to realize the undeniable good that has come from humanity. For as many bad things that happen, there are a million more good things. Sure, the holocaust was awful, but it united millions of people in their fight against tyranny. Sure, the attacks of 9/11 were awful, but it united America at a pivotal time in its history (although, I'm not all-too-happy with the outcome of that "togetherness"). The point is, bad things happen, but good things can and have come from them. Not to mention, it's very possible that extraterrestrials have just as many moral issues as our species does. What I don't understand is why you would immediately jump to the aliens being appalled by our species instead of being moved by the rose of generosity and love that grows within it. Sometimes destruction and evil are necessary in order to appreciate the good that occurs in the world. Can you honestly tell me that you would appreciate everything you have and all those around you as much if you didn't believe the world was a bad place?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast